Dropbox, Inc. (DBX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DBX POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where DBX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.54% of US stocks.
- DBX's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- DBX's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 50.01% of US stocks).
DBX Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for DBX is -23.74 -- better than only 0.85% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 127.93%, Dropbox Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 92.34% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, DBX has reported earnings growth of 2,045.13%, putting it ahead of 99.03% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Dropbox Inc are ARGX, STKL, MEDS, MX, and JRVR.
- Visit DBX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.dropbox.com.
DBX Valuation Summary
- DBX's price/sales ratio is 6; this is 13.21% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 39 months, DBX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up $53.2.
- DBX's price/sales ratio has moved down $4.1 over the prior 39 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DBX.
DBX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DBX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$29.50||52-week high||$30.00|
|Prev. close||$29.28||52-week low||$17.66|
|Day high||$29.64||Avg. volume||7,044,232|
|50-day MA||$26.98||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$23.32||Market Cap||11.84B|
Dropbox, Inc. (DBX) Company Bio
Dropbox Inc. provides a collaboration platform worldwide. Its platform allows individuals, teams, and organizations to create, access, and share content online. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in San Francisco, California.
DBX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for DBX, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Dropbox Inc ranked in the 44th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 31.67%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Dropbox Inc ended up being:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 81% of its capital from equity, and 19% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than only 21.94% of US equities in the Technology sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Dropbox Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Dropbox Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -202. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 0.9% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
DBX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DBX Latest Social Stream
View Full DBX Social Stream
Latest DBX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Dropbox Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DBX as an investment opportunity.
In the latest trading session, Dropbox (DBX) closed at $29.21, marking a -0.88% move from the previous day.
Apple says it was a mistake that its own Files app was prioritized in App Store search over its competitor Dropbox between 2017 and 2018, and continues to say it does not manually or intentionally disadvantage competitors.
According to a new report from The Verge, Apple has made a statement on why its own apps ranked higher in search results than the third-party apps. For example, Apples Files app ranked higher than Dropbox for 11 months in 2018 when a user searched for Dropbox on App Store. Continue reading
Dropbox (DBX) closed at $29.72 in the latest trading session, marking a -0.1% move from the prior day.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Google, Dropbox, DocuSign, Microsoft and Amazon
DBX Price Returns