Discover Financial Services (DFS): Price and Financial Metrics
DFS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$95.03||52-week high||$122.50|
|Prev. close||$93.00||52-week low||$79.04|
|Day high||$95.68||Avg. volume||2,342,944|
|50-day MA||$86.45||Dividend yield||3.21%|
|200-day MA||$98.84||Market Cap||23.76B|
DFS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DFS POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where DFS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 63.75% of US stocks.
- DFS's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- DFS's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 1.75% of US stocks).
DFS Stock Summary
- DFS has a higher market value than 90.53% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $20,882,339,822.
- DFS's current price/earnings ratio is 5.95, which is higher than merely 9.64% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for DFS is currently 2.66, higher than just 9.71% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DFS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HBAN, FITB, L, AIZ, and WBA.
- DFS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit DISCOVER FINANCIAL SERVICES's official web site, go to www.discover.com.
DFS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, DFS's price/earnings ratio is 36.84% lower, now standing at 6.
- Over the past 200 months, DFS's price/earnings ratio has gone down 6.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DFS.
DFS Growth Metrics
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 46.81%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 29.46%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -13.99%.
The table below shows DFS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DFS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DFS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 62.91% of graded US stocks.
- DFS's asset turnover comes in at 0.103 -- ranking 47th of 430 Banking stocks.
- MRLN, FNMA, and SFST are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DFS.
The table below shows DFS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Company Bio
Discover Financial Services is an American financial services company that owns and operates Discover Bank, which offers checking and savings accounts, personal loans, home equity loans, student loans and credit cards. It also owns and operates the Discover and Pulse networks, and owns Diners Club International. Discover Card is the third largest credit card brand in the United States, when measured by cards in force, with nearly 50 million cardholders. Discover is currently headquartered in the Chicago suburb of Riverwoods, Illinois. (Source:Wikipedia)
DFS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DFS Latest Social Stream
View Full DFS Social Stream
Latest DFS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about DISCOVER FINANCIAL SERVICES that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DFS as an investment opportunity.
Discover Financial Services (NYSE:DFS) recently announced a dividend of $0.7 per share, payable on 2023-12-07, with the ex-dividend date set for 2023-11-21. As investors look forward to this upcoming payment, the spotlight also shines on the company's dividend history, yield, and growth rates. Using the data from GuruFocus, let's look into Discover Financial Services's dividend performance and assess its sustainability.
Discover (DFS) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Given that this may be the year of artificial intelligence, it’s no surprise that while certain enterprises have hogged the spotlight, astute investors also enjoy compelling opportunities regarding stocks on sale.
RIVERWOODS, Ill., November 14, 2023--John Greene, Executive Vice President, and Chief Financial Officer of Discover, will present at the Goldman Sachs Financial Services Conference on Tuesday, December 5th, 2023, at 1:00 p.m. ET.
Insight into the Value-Driven Portfolio Changes of a Seasoned Investment Guru
DFS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching DFSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Discover Financial Services's stock as an investment opportunity:
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch