Discover Financial Services (DFS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DFS POWR Grades
- DFS scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 89.93% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DFS is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- DFS's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 59.82% of US stocks).
DFS Stock Summary
- DFS has a higher market value than 92.32% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $37,092,160,978.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Discover Financial Services is reporting a growth rate of 363.28%; that's higher than 93.33% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Discover Financial Services comes in at 83.9%, a number that bests 92.25% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DFS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AFL, SLF, ALL, ITUB, and WBA.
- Visit DFS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.discover.com.
DFS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, DFS's price/earnings ratio is 27.27% lower, now standing at 8.
- DFS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 173 months.
- Over the past 173 months, DFS's price/earnings ratio has gone down 4.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DFS.
DFS Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 1.99%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 43.77%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -5.48%.
The table below shows DFS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DFS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DFS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 61.15% of graded US stocks.
- DFS's asset turnover comes in at 0.094 -- ranking 51st of 431 Banking stocks.
- MRLN, SASR, and COF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DFS.
The table below shows DFS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DFS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DFS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$123.86||52-week high||$135.69|
|Prev. close||$125.18||52-week low||$61.60|
|Day high||$127.30||Avg. volume||2,071,851|
|50-day MA||$126.46||Dividend yield||1.61%|
|200-day MA||$112.96||Market Cap||37.09B|
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Company Bio
Discover Financial operates in two segments, Direct Banking and Payment Services. The Direct Banking segment offers Discover-branded credit cards to individuals. The Payment Services segment operates the Discover Network, which processes transactions for Discover-branded credit cards, and provides payment transaction processing and settlement services. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Riverwoods, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
DFS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DFS Latest Social Stream
View Full DFS Social Stream
Latest DFS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Discover Financial Services that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DFS as an investment opportunity.
Discover Global Network Study Finds Nearly Half of Global Consumers Are More Comfortable Making Digital Payments as a Result of COVID-19
LAS VEGAS & RIVERWOODS, Ill., October 25, 2021--A new research paper by 451 Research, a part of S&P Global Market Intelligence, and commissioned by Discover® Global Network found digital payment services and financial technology partnerships are reshaping the way in which consumers around the world send, spend and store their money. The findings come as the payments industry converges on Las Vegas for Money 20/20 to discuss the latest trends, innovations and ideas.
Wall Street analysts expect that Discover Financial Services (NYSE:DFS) will announce sales of $2.96 billion for the current fiscal quarter, Zacks Investment Research reports. Nineteen analysts have provided estimates for Discover Financial Services earnings, with the lowest sales estimate coming in at $2.87 billion and the highest estimate coming in at $3.07 billion. Discover Financial 
The big shareholder groups in Discover Financial Services ( NYSE:DFS ) have power over the company. Institutions will...
Discover Financial (NYSE: DFS ) has observed the following analyst ratings within the last quarter:
Discover Financial Services — which on October 19 won the Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy 2021 Volunteerism Award in the large company category — teamed up with nonprofit Operation Shower to support 30 military moms-to-be in the Valley. Check out photos of the event.
DFS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching DFSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Discover Financial Services's stock as an investment opportunity:
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch