Discover Financial Services (DFS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DFS POWR Grades
- DFS scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 90.13% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DFS is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 51 weeks.
- DFS's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 57.7% of US stocks).
DFS Stock Summary
- DFS has a market capitalization of $37,978,587,561 -- more than approximately 92.73% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Discover Financial Services is reporting a growth rate of 363.28%; that's higher than 93.39% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Discover Financial Services comes in at 83.9%, a number that bests 92.35% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DFS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AFL, SLF, WBA, ALL, and ITUB.
- Visit DFS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.discover.com.
DFS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, DFS's price/earnings ratio is 27.27% lower, now standing at 8.
- DFS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 173 months.
- Over the past 173 months, DFS's price/earnings ratio has gone down 4.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DFS.
DFS Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -5.01%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 84.41%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 7.7%.
The table below shows DFS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DFS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DFS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 60.67% of graded US stocks.
- DFS's asset turnover comes in at 0.094 -- ranking 50th of 433 Banking stocks.
- MRLN, SASR, and COF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DFS.
The table below shows DFS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DFS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DFS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$129.27||52-week high||$135.69|
|Prev. close||$126.82||52-week low||$60.42|
|Day high||$130.61||Avg. volume||2,067,745|
|50-day MA||$127.00||Dividend yield||1.55%|
|200-day MA||$111.92||Market Cap||38.71B|
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Company Bio
Discover Financial operates in two segments, Direct Banking and Payment Services. The Direct Banking segment offers Discover-branded credit cards to individuals. The Payment Services segment operates the Discover Network, which processes transactions for Discover-branded credit cards, and provides payment transaction processing and settlement services. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Riverwoods, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
DFS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DFS Latest Social Stream
View Full DFS Social Stream
Latest DFS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Discover Financial Services that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DFS as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss the 10 financial services stocks to buy according to Nathan Przybylo’s L2 Asset Management. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to 5 Financial Services Stocks to Buy According to Nathan Przybylo’s L2 Asset Management. Nathan Przybylo, the founder of Boston-based L2 Asset Management, […]
Discover Financial's (DFS) third-quarter results are likely to reflect strong sales volume and new account growth, partly offset by elevated costs.
Discover (DFS) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Discover (DFS) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
Improved credit and minimal loan growth for these credit card players in Q3 could lead to reserve releases of capital.
DFS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching DFSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Discover Financial Services's stock as an investment opportunity:
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch