Discover Financial Services (DFS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DFS POWR Grades
- DFS scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 67.91% of US stocks.
- DFS's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- DFS ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 39th percentile.
DFS Stock Summary
- DFS's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 1.53 -- higher than just 7.53% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Over the past twelve months, DFS has reported earnings growth of 398.28%, putting it ahead of 94.61% of US stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that DFS's revenue has grown 99.34% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 91.83% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DFS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SLF, NTRS, DB, CCEP, and ALL.
- Visit DFS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.discover.com.
DFS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, DFS's price/earnings ratio is 27.27% lower, now standing at 8.
- DFS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 173 months.
- Over the past 173 months, DFS's price/earnings ratio has gone down 4.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DFS.
DFS Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 40.31%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 1.5%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 84.41%.
The table below shows DFS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DFS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DFS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 62.91% of graded US stocks.
- DFS's asset turnover comes in at 0.103 -- ranking 47th of 430 Banking stocks.
- MRLN, FNMA, and SFST are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DFS.
The table below shows DFS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DFS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DFS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$110.78||52-week high||$135.69|
|Prev. close||$107.67||52-week low||$98.38|
|Day high||$111.74||Avg. volume||1,813,713|
|50-day MA||$110.93||Dividend yield||1.86%|
|200-day MA||$117.95||Market Cap||31.13B|
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Company Bio
Discover Financial Services is an American financial services company that owns and operates Discover Bank, which offers checking and savings accounts, personal loans, home equity loans, student loans and credit cards. It also owns and operates the Discover and Pulse networks, and owns Diners Club International. Discover Card is the third largest credit card brand in the United States, when measured by cards in force, with nearly 50 million cardholders. Discover is currently headquartered in the Chicago suburb of Riverwoods, Illinois. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
DFS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DFS Latest Social Stream
View Full DFS Social Stream
Latest DFS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Discover Financial Services that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DFS as an investment opportunity.
Payment companies and major credit card companies endured a difficult 2021, and the struggles have continued through the first two months of 2022. Discover may not be the first credit card company that comes to mind for most investors, but it has been very successful in recent years and is going against the grain this year, trading relatively flat year to date through Feb. 24 while many other stocks have been getting hammered. Here's why this is an under-the-radar growth stock to hold in your portfolio.
Discover Financial Services found using ticker (DFS) now have 17 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 160 and 127 calculating the average target price we see 144.41. Given that the stocks previous close was at 123.08 this would imply there is a potential upside of 17.3%. The day 50 moving average is 119.34 and the 200 day moving average is 121.14. The market cap for the company is $35,657m. Company Website: https://www.discover.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" template="basic" color="green" assets=DFS" range="6mo" interval="1d" axes="true" cursor="true" api="yf"] The potential market cap would be $41,837m based on the market concensus. Discover Financial Services, through its subsidiaries, operates as a di...
A Discover card is a credit card brand that is issued by the American financial services company, Discover Financial (DFS).
Discover (DFS) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
RIVERWOODS, Ill., February 16, 2022--Dan Capozzi, executive vice president and president of US cards at Discover, will present at the Wolfe FinTech Forum on Wednesday, March 9, 2022, at 9:45 a.m. ET.
DFS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching DFSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Discover Financial Services's stock as an investment opportunity:
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch