Discover Financial Services (DFS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DFS POWR Grades
- DFS scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 58.79% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DFS is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- DFS's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 25.58% of US stocks).
DFS Stock Summary
- DFS has a higher market value than 91.84% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $24,872,247,958.
- Of note is the ratio of DISCOVER FINANCIAL SERVICES's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.6% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- DFS's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 87.31% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to DISCOVER FINANCIAL SERVICES are MTB, CCEP, HBAN, K, and AIG.
- DFS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit DISCOVER FINANCIAL SERVICES's official web site, go to www.discover.com.
DFS Valuation Summary
- DFS's price/earnings ratio is 5.8; this is 44.23% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- DFS's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.8 over the prior 186 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DFS.
DFS Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 0.49%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -0.68%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 42.62%.
The table below shows DFS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DFS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DFS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 62.91% of graded US stocks.
- DFS's asset turnover comes in at 0.103 -- ranking 47th of 430 Banking stocks.
- MRLN, FNMA, and SFST are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DFS.
The table below shows DFS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DFS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DFS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$91.00||52-week high||$133.40|
|Prev. close||$91.05||52-week low||$88.02|
|Day high||$92.95||Avg. volume||1,806,745|
|50-day MA||$102.00||Dividend yield||2.64%|
|200-day MA||$109.22||Market Cap||24.86B|
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Company Bio
Discover Financial Services is an American financial services company that owns and operates Discover Bank, which offers checking and savings accounts, personal loans, home equity loans, student loans and credit cards. It also owns and operates the Discover and Pulse networks, and owns Diners Club International. Discover Card is the third largest credit card brand in the United States, when measured by cards in force, with nearly 50 million cardholders. Discover is currently headquartered in the Chicago suburb of Riverwoods, Illinois. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
DFS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DFS Latest Social Stream
View Full DFS Social Stream
Latest DFS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about DISCOVER FINANCIAL SERVICES that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DFS as an investment opportunity.
58% Of Parents With College-Bound Children Have Changed Their Minds and Now Plan to Apply for Financial Student Aid
RIVERWOODS, Ill., September 22, 2022--An annual survey from Discover® Student Loans revealed that 58% of parents with college-bound students didn’t plan on applying for federal aid, but now have changed their minds. According to the survey, 72% of parents of college-bound children who are familiar with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®)1 plan on filling it out this fall.
The latest weekly average mortgage rate hit 6.02%, the highest rate since 2008.
Discover Financial Services said Wednesday that it was hiring for 2,000 additional customer care positions. The payments and banking company is looking to add employees in Arizona, Delaware, Illinois, Ohio, and Utah, per a press release. The company added that New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Maryland residents would be eligible to take positions in Delaware. Discover said that residents of the listed states would have the option to work on-site, remotely, or in some combination. "Positions will be
RIVERWOODS, Ill., September 14, 2022--DISCOVER HIRING FOR ADDITIONAL 2,000 CUSTOMER CARE ROLES
Discover Financial Services (NYSE:DFS) is largely controlled by institutional shareholders who own 85% of the company
If you want to know who really controls Discover Financial Services ( NYSE:DFS ), then you'll have to look at the...
DFS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching DFSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Discover Financial Services's stock as an investment opportunity:
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch