Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DKS POWR Grades
- DKS scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 96.22% of US stocks.
- DKS's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- DKS ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
DKS Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for DKS is 5.85 -- better than 93.83% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 5.85, Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 9.61% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc is reporting a growth rate of 169.84%; that's higher than 88.05% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DKS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SPLP, AEO, DISCA, FTCH, and SIG.
- Visit DKS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.dickssportinggoods.com.
DKS Valuation Summary
- DKS's price/earnings ratio is 9.8; this is 49.48% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- DKS's price/earnings ratio has moved up 1.5 over the prior 230 months.
- DKS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.8 over the prior 230 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DKS.
DKS Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -40.37%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 25.25%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 14.68%.
The table below shows DKS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DKS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DKS has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.82% of graded US stocks.
- DKS's asset turnover comes in at 1.477 -- ranking 80th of 165 Retail stocks.
- BKE, KIRK, and ORLY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DKS.
The table below shows DKS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DKS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DKS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$76.85||52-week high||$147.39|
|Prev. close||$75.37||52-week low||$63.45|
|Day high||$77.48||Avg. volume||2,228,417|
|50-day MA||$84.86||Dividend yield||2.54%|
|200-day MA||$107.56||Market Cap||6.19B|
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) Company Bio
Dicks Sporting Goods is a sporting goods retailer primarily in the eastern United States. The company provides hardlines, including sporting goods equipment, fitness equipment, golf equipment, and hunting and fishing gear products; apparel; and footwear products and accessories. The company was founded in 1948 and is based in Coraopolis, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
DKS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DKS Latest Social Stream
View Full DKS Social Stream
Latest DKS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DKS as an investment opportunity.
Nike may be playing games with Foot Locker.
Target's (TGT) fourth-quarter results are likely to reflect a focus on enhancing omni-channel capacities, remodeling stores and expanding same-day delivery options.
Wolverine's (WWW) fourth-quarter results reflect a robust portfolio of iconic brands and operational strategies. Direct-to-consumer revenues advanced 60% year over year.
Your search for tickers with the potential of positive earnings surprise ends here.
Overstock.com's (OSTK) fourth-quarter 2021 results suffer from weakness in the home-furnishing market despite an expanding mobile clientele.
DKS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching DKSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch