Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS): Price and Financial Metrics
DKS Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for DKS is 4.27 -- better than 89.94% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.87% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- DKS's price/sales ratio is 0.72; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 16.05% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc are MN, SF, SGC, HZO, and CTG.
- Visit DKS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.dickssportinggoods.com.
DKS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DKS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$71.55||52-week high||$80.32|
|Prev. close||$73.04||52-week low||$13.46|
|Day high||$73.72||Avg. volume||1,864,583|
|50-day MA||$66.18||Dividend yield||1.71%|
|200-day MA||$53.28||Market Cap||6.41B|
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) Company Bio
Dicks Sporting Goods is a sporting goods retailer primarily in the eastern United States. The company provides hardlines, including sporting goods equipment, fitness equipment, golf equipment, and hunting and fishing gear products; apparel; and footwear products and accessories. The company was founded in 1948 and is based in Coraopolis, Pennsylvania.
DKS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc ranked in the 84th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 571.5%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc, consider:
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than 89.2% of its sector Consumer Cyclical.
- Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 5.21% of tickers in our DCF set.
- DKS's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than merely 5.21% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
DKS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DKS Latest Social Stream
View Full DKS Social Stream
Latest DKS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DKS as an investment opportunity.
Yahoo Finance speaks with the lead activist investor that has launched a new campaign at struggling Kohl's.
J.P. Morgan Chase Commercial Mortgage Securities Corp. Series 2004-CIBC10 -- Moody's upgrades one and affirms two classes of JPMCC 2004-CIBC10
The deal has paid down 3.5% since Moody's last review and just under 99% since securitization. The largest remaining loan, representing 27% of the pool, recently defeased in January 2021.The rating on Cl. F was affirmed due to the anticipated plus cumulative realized losses. Cl. F has already experienced a 36% loss from previously liquidated loans.The rating on the IO class, Cl. X-1, was affirmed based on the credit quality of the referenced classes.The coronavirus outbreak, the government measures put in place to contain it, and the weak global economic outlook continue to disrupt economies and credit markets across sectors and regions.
For ratings issued on a support provider, this announcement provides certain regulatory disclosures in relation to the credit rating action on the support provider and in relation to each particular credit rating action for securities that derive their credit ratings from the support provider's credit rating. For further information please see the ratings tab on the issuer/entity page for the respective issuer on www.moodys.com.For any affected securities or rated entities receiving direct credit support from the primary entity(ies) of this credit rating action, and whose ratings may change as a result of this credit rating action, the associated regulatory disclosures will be those of the guarantor entity.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
DICK'S Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS), the largest U.S.-based, omni-channel sporting goods retailer, will expand its nationwide footprint with the opening of one DICK'S Sporting Goods store and four Warehouse Sale stores in February.
DKS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching DKSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!