Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS): Price and Financial Metrics
DKS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$138.27||52-week high||$152.61|
|Prev. close||$130.10||52-week low||$100.98|
|Day high||$138.34||Avg. volume||1,516,862|
|50-day MA||$111.79||Dividend yield||3.07%|
|200-day MA||$128.40||Market Cap||11.30B|
DKS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DKS POWR Grades
- DKS scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 89.76% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DKS is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- DKS ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
DKS Stock Summary
- DKS has a higher market value than 84.04% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $9,571,904,651.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for DKS is 4.77 -- better than 90.28% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of DICK'S SPORTING GOODS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 84.67% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to DICK'S SPORTING GOODS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be TPR, ASO, WSM, CHRW, and MAN.
- Visit DKS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.dickssportinggoods.com.
DKS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, DKS's EV/EBIT ratio is 35.58% lower, now standing at 8.6.
- DKS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 6.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DKS.
DKS Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 1369.9%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 0.94%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 8.11%.
The table below shows DKS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DKS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DKS has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.82% of graded US stocks.
- DKS's asset turnover comes in at 1.477 -- ranking 80th of 165 Retail stocks.
- BKE, KIRK, and ORLY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DKS.
The table below shows DKS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) Company Bio
Dicks Sporting Goods is a sporting goods retailer primarily in the eastern United States. The company provides hardlines, including sporting goods equipment, fitness equipment, golf equipment, and hunting and fishing gear products; apparel; and footwear products and accessories. The company was founded in 1948 and is based in Coraopolis, Pennsylvania.
DKS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DKS Latest Social Stream
View Full DKS Social Stream
Latest DKS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about DICK'S SPORTING GOODS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DKS as an investment opportunity.
Look beyond tech to other sectors of the market.
Major companies, including Zoom (ZM), Best Buy (BBY), Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS), Nordstrom (JWN), Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF), and most notably, Nvidia (NVDA), reported third-quarter earnings on Tuesday. Yahoo Finance spoke to experts across the industry to discuss everything investors need to know, including the winners and losers from this week's results. Nvidia (00:00:25) Nvidia reported adjusted earnings of $4.02 per share, well above the expected $3.36. Moor Insights and Strategy CEO and Chief Analyst Patrick Moorhead said, "They can name their price. And it's in a supply constrained environment. I think Nvidia could have done even better." Zoom (00:00:48) Zoom reported adjusted earnings of $1.29 per share compared to estimates of $1.10, and raised its 2024 outlook. "In our online ...
DICK’S Sporting Goods, Inc. (NYSE:DKS) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript November 21, 2023 DICK’S Sporting Goods, Inc. beats earnings expectations. Reported EPS is $2.85, expectations were $2.42. Operator: Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the Q3 2023 DICK’S Sporting Goods Earnings Conference Call. [Operator Instructions] And now, at this time, I would like […]
The Q3 earnings cycle is winding down, with most notable companies already delivering quarterly results. Results have been primarily positive, particularly those from these three companies.
Shares of sporting-goods retailer Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS) scored the market's approval with its fiscal third-quarter results on Tuesday. After the fiscal second-quarter report, Dick's Sporting Goods stock plunged because the company fell short of expectations and management lowered its full-year guidance. Business trends held up better than expected, leading to outperformance for the period, and a slight increase to full-year financial guidance.
DKS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching DKSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Dick'S Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch