Dawson Geophysical Company (DWSN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DWSN Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $54,255,548, Dawson Geophysical Co has a greater market value than only 9.61% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 1.14 for Dawson Geophysical Co; that's greater than it is for only 10.04% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that DWSN's revenue has grown -71.32% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 1.87% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DWSN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AAN, SMTS, ATNI, FWRD, and XELB.
- DWSN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Dawson Geophysical Co's official web site, go to www.dawson3d.com.
DWSN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, DWSN's price/earnings ratio is 107.96% lower, now standing at -1.6.
- Over the past 243 months, DWSN's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 0.4.
- DWSN's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DWSN.
DWSN Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -73%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -73%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -49.58%.
The table below shows DWSN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DWSN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DWSN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1.40||52-week high||$2.70|
|Prev. close||$1.31||52-week low||$1.28|
|Day high||$1.40||Avg. volume||20,311|
|50-day MA||$1.53||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.05||Market Cap||33.34M|
Dawson Geophysical Company (DWSN) Company Bio
Dawson Geophysical Company provides onshore seismic data acquisition services in the continental United States and Canada. The company acquires and processes 2-D, 3-D, and multi-component seismic data for its clients, including oil and gas companies, and independent oil and gas operators, as well as providers of multi-client data libraries. The company was founded in 1952 and is based in Midland, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
DWSN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DWSN Latest Social Stream
View Full DWSN Social Stream
Latest DWSN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Dawson Geophysical Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DWSN as an investment opportunity.
Wilks Brothers, LLC ("Wilks") today announced the successful completion of the tender offer (the "Offer") by WB Acquisitions Inc., a Delaware corporation ("Merger Sub") and a subsidiary of Wilks, for any and all of the issued and outstanding shares (the "Shares") of Dawson Geophysical Company (NASDAQ: DWSN) ("Dawson") at a price of US $2.34 per Share (the "Offer Price") in cash, without interest, less any applicable withholding taxes, upon the terms and subject to the conditions set forth in the
Dawson Geophysical Company (NASDAQ: DWSN) ("Dawson" or the "Company") announced today the successful completion of the previously announced tender offer (the "Offer") by WB Acquisitions Inc. ("Merger Sub"), a subsidiary of Wilks Brothers, LLC ("Wilks"), for all of the outstanding common stock of the Company (the "Shares").
Wilks Brothers, LLC Announces Amendments to Merger Agreement and Extension of Offer to Acquire Dawson Geophysical Company
Wilks Brothers, LLC ("Wilks") today announced that WB Acquisitions Inc., a subsidiary of Wilks ("Merger Sub"), Dawson Geophysical Company (NASDAQ: DWSN) ("Dawson") and Wilks, have agreed to a series of amendments to the Agreement and Plan of Merger, dated October 25, 2021 as amended by Amendment No. 1 dated December 14, 2021 and Amendment No. 2 dated January 4, 2022, by and among Dawson, Wilks and Merger Sub (as so amended, the "Merger Agreement") that are intended to facilitate completion of th
Wilks Brothers, LLC ("Wilks"), today announced that WB Acquisitions Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Wilks ("Merger Sub") and Dawson Geophysical Company (NASDAQ: DWSN) ("Dawson"), have agreed to extend the previously commenced cash tender offer by Merger Sub to purchase all of the issued and outstanding shares of common stock of Dawson to 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on January 7, 2022.
Dawson Geophysical (NASDAQ:DWSN) was the target of a large increase in short interest in November. As of November 30th, there was short interest totalling 53,500 shares, an increase of 96.7% from the November 15th total of 27,200 shares. Currently, 0.3% of the company’s stock are short sold. Based on an average trading volume of 156,000 […]
DWSN Price Returns