Dawson Geophysical Company (DWSN): Price and Financial Metrics
DWSN Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for DWSN is currently 2.87, higher than only 10.12% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -45.6%, Dawson Geophysical Co's debt growth rate surpasses just 7.73% of about US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that DWSN's revenue has grown -40.94% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 8.79% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DWSN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PATI, MXC, RAIL, POAI, and CNDT.
- DWSN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Dawson Geophysical Co's official web site, go to www.dawson3d.com.
DWSN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DWSN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$2.31||52-week high||$4.47|
|Prev. close||$2.40||52-week low||$1.01|
|Day high||$2.34||Avg. volume||152,568|
|50-day MA||$2.75||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.18||Market Cap||54.23M|
Dawson Geophysical Company (DWSN) Company Bio
Dawson Geophysical Company provides onshore seismic data acquisition services in the continental United States and Canada. The company acquires and processes 2-D, 3-D, and multi-component seismic data for its clients, including oil and gas companies, and independent oil and gas operators, as well as providers of multi-client data libraries. The company was founded in 1952 and is based in Midland, Texas.
DWSN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Dawson Geophysical Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Dawson Geophysical Co ranked in the 86th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Dawson Geophysical Co, consider:
- Dawson Geophysical Co's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -157.7. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 1.33% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Energy), Dawson Geophysical Co has a reliance on debt greater than only 13.89% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
DWSN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DWSN Latest Social Stream
View Full DWSN Social Stream
Latest DWSN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Dawson Geophysical Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DWSN as an investment opportunity.
Photo by anatoliy_gleb/iStock via Getty Images Upstream Budget Constraint Can Stall Growth In the short-term, Dawson Geophysical Company's (DWSN) prospect is cut short by limited capex budget in the upstream industry and the demand depression in the energy market. Although cost-cutting will help mitigate the pressure on the operating margin,...
It might be of some concern to shareholders to see the Dawson Geophysical Company ( NASDAQ:DWSN ) share price down 14...
Dawson Geophysical Company (NASDAQ: DWSN) (the "Company") announced today that its Board of Directors has adopted a Rights Plan designed to protect Company shareholders from coercive or unfair takeover techniques and to help ensure that the Company's shareholders are not deprived of the opportunity to realize the full and fair value of their investment, particularly given current market conditions. The Rights Plan is not designed to prevent any action that the Board of Directors determines to be in the best interest of the Company and its shareholders.
Dawson Geophysical (NASDAQ:DWSN) will be announcing its earnings results before the market opens on Thursday, March 11th. Parties interested in participating in the company’s conference call can do so using this link. DWSN stock opened at $3.06 on Wednesday. The company has a market capitalization of $71.84 million, a P/E ratio of -6.37 and a […]
Dawson Geophysical Company (NASDAQ: DWSN) announced today that it plans to publicly release preliminary and unaudited financial results for its year-end 2020 and the quarter ended December 31, 2020, the Company's fourth quarter of 2020, before the market opens on Thursday, March 11, 2021. An investor conference call to review the fourth quarter results will be held on Thursday, March 11, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. Central Time.
DWSN Price Returns
Continue Researching DWSNHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Dawson Geophysical Co's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!