DexCom Inc. (DXCM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DXCM POWR Grades
- DXCM scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 94% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DXCM is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- DXCM ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
DXCM Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $44,925,682,519, DEXCOM INC has a greater market value than 94.81% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 195.33, DEXCOM INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 97.88% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The volatility of DEXCOM INC's share price is greater than that of 97.8% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to DEXCOM INC, a group of peers worth examining would be FSLR, NBIX, CALX, MELI, and ESMT.
- DXCM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit DEXCOM INC's official web site, go to www.dexcom.com.
DXCM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, DXCM's EV/EBIT ratio is 2121.05% higher, now standing at 168.8.
- DXCM's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 189.2 over the prior 214 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DXCM.
DXCM Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 179.19%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 22.48%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 325.46%.
The table below shows DXCM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DXCM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DXCM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.89% of graded US stocks.
- DXCM's asset turnover comes in at 0.517 -- ranking 89th of 186 Medical Equipment stocks.
- VRAY, ZYXI, and SRTS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DXCM.
The table below shows DXCM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DXCM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DXCM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$112.00||52-week high||$152.62|
|Prev. close||$112.92||52-week low||$66.89|
|Day high||$113.02||Avg. volume||3,209,266|
|50-day MA||$101.39||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$95.07||Market Cap||43.26B|
DexCom Inc. (DXCM) Company Bio
Dexcom was founded in 1999 by Scott Glenn, John Burd, Lauren Otsuki, Ellen Preston and Bret Megargel. In 2006, Dexcom received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval and launched the Dexcom STS Continuous Glucose Monitoring System, which is a three-day sensor that provides up to 288 glucose measurements for every 24 hours. Dexcom received approval of the second generation product, the Seven Continuous Glucose Monitoring System in May 2007. This device improved on accuracy and extended use from three to seven days. In 2008, Dexcom announced two consumer development agreements with Insulet Corporation and Animas Corporation as well as a development agreement with Edwards Lifesciences for a continuous glucose monitor in the intensive care unit hospital environment. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
DXCM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DXCM Latest Social Stream
View Full DXCM Social Stream
Latest DXCM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about DEXCOM INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DXCM as an investment opportunity.
The S&P 500 still faces its 200-day line with key economic data looming. Tesla rebounded from bear market lows while five medical stocks are near buy points.
SAN DIEGO, November 22, 2022--DexCom, Inc. (NASDAQ:DXCM) today announced that Matt Dolan, Executive Vice President, Strategy, Corporate Development and Dexcom Labs, will present an update on the company at the Piper Sandler 34th Annual Healthcare Conference on Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 8:30am (EST).
Investors might want to consider buying stocks after the strong first half of the fourth quarter. Today, we explore three stocks that are set to expand within three crucial growth industries.
When it comes to selling short, there is one pattern that stands head and shoulders above the rest, in a manner of speaking.
While growth stocks aren't attracting the interest from investors that they were a few years ago, not all businesses that fall into this category of investments have dealt with the same headwinds as many former pandemic favorites. Today, we're going to take a look at two top healthcare stocks with growth-driven businesses that have a robust track record of rewarding investors. Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ: ISRG) is a name known to many healthcare investors for its profitable and fast-growing surgical robotics business, which has led it to deliver a total return of about 345% to investors over the past decade.
DXCM Price Returns