Emergent Biosolutions, Inc. (EBS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EBS POWR Grades
- EBS scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 99.48% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for EBS is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- EBS's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 8.18% of US stocks).
EBS Stock Summary
- EBS's current price/earnings ratio is 9.61, which is higher than only 24.06% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for EBS is currently 6.91, higher than 26.16% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Emergent BioSolutions Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 5.68%, greater than the shareholder yield of 75.08% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Emergent BioSolutions Inc are CSGS, MDRX, RNWK, SPOK, and ONTO.
- Visit EBS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.emergentbiosolutions.com.
EBS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, EBS's price/sales ratio is 82.38% lower, now standing at 2.
- Over the past 180 months, EBS's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.9.
- EBS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 34.7 over the prior 180 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EBS.
EBS Growth Metrics
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 24.49%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 94.3%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 105.48%.
The table below shows EBS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EBS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EBS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 50.38% of graded US stocks.
- EBS's asset turnover comes in at 0.604 -- ranking 57th of 681 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- ARWR, IBIO, and MCRB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EBS.
The table below shows EBS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EBS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EBS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$36.67||52-week high||$68.03|
|Prev. close||$35.33||52-week low||$27.61|
|Day high||$40.45||Avg. volume||674,220|
|50-day MA||$37.72||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$45.93||Market Cap||1.84B|
Emergent Biosolutions, Inc. (EBS) Company Bio
Emergent BioSolutions is a biopharmaceutical company which develops, manufactures, and delivers a portfolio of medical countermeasures for biological and chemical threats as well as emerging infectious diseases. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Most Popular Stories View All
EBS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EBS Latest Social Stream
View Full EBS Social Stream
Latest EBS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Emergent BioSolutions Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EBS as an investment opportunity.
Emergent BioSolutions Inc. (EBS) Q4 2021 Earnings Conference Call February 24, 2022, 05:00 PM ET Company Participants Bob Burrows - IR Officer Bob Kramer - President and CEO Rich Lindahl - CFO Adam Havey - Chief Operating Officer Conference Call Participants Brandon Folkes - Cantor Fitzgerald Jessica Fye - JPMorgan...
Emergent BioSolutions (NYSE: EBS) ended the week on a down note. Shares of the company closed 6.2% lower on Friday after it provided its fourth-quarter update following the market close on Thursday. There certainly were some positive takeaways for investors in Emergent's Q4 results.
Emergent BioSolutions to begin 'facility improvements' in Baltimore as J&J evaluates Covid vaccine demand
Gaithersburg’s Emergent BioSolutions Inc. (NYSE: EBS) plans to begin “facility improvements” at its Baltimore manufacturing plant as Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) assesses demand for its Covid-19 vaccine, which the local company has been producing at that site. The company is using the window “to being our normally scheduled maintenance period for our Bayview facility earlier than anticipated, and also to extend it in order to make improvements and modifications,” Kramer said on the call. “These enhancements will enable us to meet the needs of J&J while planning for Bayview's future return to nonpandemic work as part of our [contract development and manufacturing organization] network, a key step in enhancing and advancing the growth of our CDMO business,” he said.
Shares of Emergent BioSolutions (NYSE: EBS) were slipping 3.8% as of 11:38 a.m. ET on Friday and fell as much as 7.7% earlier in the day. Emergent reported fourth-quarter revenue of $723 million, up 24% year over year. Emergent cut its full-year 2022 outlook.
Emergent's (EBS) fourth-quarter 2021 earnings and sales beat estimates. The company lowers its guidance for 2022 CDMO services revenues and adjusted net income.
EBS Price Returns
Continue Researching EBSWant to do more research on Emergent BioSolutions Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Emergent BioSolutions Inc (EBS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Emergent BioSolutions Inc (EBS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Emergent BioSolutions Inc (EBS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch