Ecolab Inc. (ECL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ECL POWR Grades
- ECL scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 92.86% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ECL is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- ECL's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 18.21% of US stocks).
ECL Stock Summary
- Ecolab Inc's market capitalization of $61,453,665,148 is ahead of 95.9% of US-listed equities.
- Ecolab Inc's stock had its IPO on January 5, 1988, making it an older stock than 89.25% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, ECL is more volatile than only 1.2% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Ecolab Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be PGR, BIIB, NOC, HUM, and SNP.
- ECL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Ecolab Inc's official web site, go to www.ecolab.com.
ECL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, ECL's price/sales ratio is 178.95% higher, now standing at 5.3.
- ECL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down $98.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, ECL's price/sales ratio has gone up $3.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ECL.
ECL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ECL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$210.43||52-week high||$230.00|
|Prev. close||$214.92||52-week low||$181.25|
|Day high||$215.85||Avg. volume||1,024,071|
|50-day MA||$219.10||Dividend yield||0.89%|
|200-day MA||$211.98||Market Cap||60.17B|
Ecolab Inc. (ECL) Company Bio
Ecolab Inc. delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets. The company was founded in 1923 and is based in St. Paul, Minnesota.
ECL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Ecolab Inc. To summarize, we found that Ecolab Inc ranked in the 15th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for ECL, they are:
- Ecolab Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Ecolab Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -2.74. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 13.53% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Basic Materials), Ecolab Inc has a reliance on debt greater than just 22.82% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
ECL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ECL Latest Social Stream
View Full ECL Social Stream
Latest ECL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ecolab Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ECL as an investment opportunity.
Ecolab Inc. found using ticker (ECL) have now 14 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Hold''. The target price ranges between 260 and 205 calculating the average target price we see 231.64. Given that the stocks previous close was at 214.02 this would indicate that there is a potential upside of 8.2%. The day 50 moving average is 219.23 and the 200 day MA is 216.48. The market cap for the company is $61,003m. Visit the company website at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="ECL" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Ecolab Inc. provides water, hygiene, and infection prevention solutions and services worldwide. Its Global Industrial segment offers water treatment and process applications, and cleaning and sanitiz...
ST. PAUL, Minn., June 15, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ecolab will host a live webcast of its second quarter earnings conference call to discuss 2021 second quarter results. A news release containing second quarter results is expected to be issued before market open on July 27, 2021. Details for the public webcast are as follows: TIME:1:00 p.m. Eastern Time DATE:Tuesday, July 27, 2021 DURATION:One hour LOCATION:www.ecolab.com/investor ARCHIVE:A replay of the webcast and supplemental data will be ava
Top Research Reports for salesforce, Shopify & AstraZeneca
Ecolab (ECL) unveils new virtual service offering to help the life sciences industry to address cleaning and disinfection challenges.
Coagulants Market Size Worth USD 9,460.4 Million by 2025 at 5.93% CAGR, Projects Market Research Future (MRFR)
Major Companies in Coagulant Market are SNF Group (France), Ecolab (US), Solenis (US), Mitsubishi Chemical Holding Company (Japan), BASF SE (Germany), ChemTreat, Inc. (the US), Kemira (Finland), Feralco AB (Sweden)Avista Technologies Inc. (US), Buckman (US), and SUEZ (France). Major Companies in Coagulant Market are SNF Group (France), Ecolab (US), Solenis (US), Mitsubishi Chemical Holding Company (Japan), BASF SE (Germany), ChemTreat, Inc. (the US), Kemira (Finland), Feralco AB (Sweden)Avista Technologies Inc. (US), Buckman (US), and SUEZ (France).
ECL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|