Ecolab Inc. (ECL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ECL POWR Grades
- ECL scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 93% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ECL is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 29.7142857142857 weeks.
- ECL's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 16.28% of US stocks).
ECL Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $63,375,164,449, Ecolab Inc has a greater market value than 96.1% of US stocks.
- ECL's went public 33.39 years ago, making it older than 89.39% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of Ecolab Inc's share price is greater than that of merely 2.24% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ECL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PGR, ABB, EQNR, HUM, and NOC.
- ECL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Ecolab Inc's official web site, go to www.ecolab.com.
ECL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ECL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$217.93||52-week high||$231.36|
|Prev. close||$221.64||52-week low||$181.25|
|Day high||$221.78||Avg. volume||962,920|
|50-day MA||$218.69||Dividend yield||0.87%|
|200-day MA||$210.05||Market Cap||62.31B|
Ecolab Inc. (ECL) Company Bio
Ecolab Inc. delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets. The company was founded in 1923 and is based in St. Paul, Minnesota.
ECL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Ecolab Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Ecolab Inc ranked in the 15th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Ecolab Inc, consider:
- Ecolab Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than merely 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Ecolab Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -2.74. This coverage rate is greater than that of merely 13.56% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Basic Materials), Ecolab Inc has a reliance on debt greater than only 22.94% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
ECL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ECL Latest Social Stream
View Full ECL Social Stream
Latest ECL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ecolab Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ECL as an investment opportunity.
Before we spend countless hours researching a company, we like to analyze what insiders, hedge funds and billionaire investors think of the stock first. This is a necessary first step in our investment process because our research has shown that the elite investors’ consensus returns have been exceptional. In the following paragraphs, we find out […]
ST. PAUL, Minn., May 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ecolab Inc., the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services, has again been recognized as a Top Company for Diversity by DiversityInc, a leading diversity publication. Ecolab ranks 34th on the 2021 list, which is the most prominent assessment of diversity management in corporate America. “Our commitment to increasing diversity on our teams and fostering an inclusive workplace is unwavering,” said Ecolab CEO Christophe Beck. “We are honored to be recognized for our continued progress and will keep striving for greater diversity for the benefit of our employees, our company and our customers.” The Top 50 Companies for Diversity recognition assesses overall company performance in six key areas of diversi...
ST. PAUL, Minn., May 06, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ecolab Inc. announced today at its annual meeting of stockholders that the slate of thirteen director nominees named in the company’s proxy statement was elected for a one-year term ending at its annual meeting of stockholders in May 2022. In other business during today’s meeting, stockholders ratified the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as Ecolab's independent registered public accounting firm for 2021 and approved, on an advisory basis, the compensation of executives disclosed in the company’s proxy statement. Also at the meeting, a stockholder proposal regarding proxy access was not approved. The final vote tabulation on all matters voted upon during today’s meeting will be reported to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commis...
ST. PAUL, Minn., May 06, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The board of directors of Ecolab Inc. today declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.48 per common share, to be paid July 15, 2021, to shareholders of record at the close of business on June 15, 2021. Ecolab has paid cash dividends on its common stock for 84 consecutive years. About Ecolab A trusted partner at nearly three million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. With annual sales of $12 billion and more than 44,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights and personalized service to advance food safety, maintain clean and safe environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve operational efficiencies an...
Global Water Use to Surpass Supply by 56% by 2030ST. PAUL, Minn., May 06, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ecolab Inc., the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services, launched Water Flow Intelligence, a digital service that provides industry with real-time visibility of water usage at the enterprise, site and asset levels. The launch of this new service comes at a time when rising industrial water use continues to contribute to the world’s growing water stress and scarcity challenges. According to the World Resources Institute, the world will experience a 56% freshwater shortfall by 2030 if nothing changes, an increase from the 40% shortfall projected by the U.N. in 2015. At the same time, S&P Global reports that corporate water use progress is currently in...
ECL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|