Ecolab Inc. (ECL): Price and Financial Metrics
ECL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$166.90||52-week high||$191.41|
|Prev. close||$169.40||52-week low||$131.04|
|Day high||$169.74||Avg. volume||1,081,753|
|50-day MA||$180.34||Dividend yield||1.25%|
|200-day MA||$168.48||Market Cap||47.57B|
ECL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ECL POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where ECL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.29% of US stocks.
- ECL's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- ECL ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
ECL Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $49,020,132,874, ECOLAB INC has a greater market value than 95.36% of US stocks.
- ECL's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 481.46 -- higher than 93.8% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- ECOLAB INC's stock had its IPO on January 5, 1988, making it an older stock than 89.88% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ECL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HSY, AJG, AZO, TT, and CTAS.
- ECL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ECOLAB INC's official web site, go to www.ecolab.com.
ECL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, ECL's price/sales ratio is 169.23% higher, now standing at 3.5.
- ECL's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ECL.
ECL Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -19.79%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -94.02%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -28.31%.
The table below shows ECL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ECL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ECL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 90.82% of graded US stocks.
- ECL's asset turnover comes in at 0.683 -- ranking 38th of 50 Consumer Goods stocks.
- HOG, BSET, and IMAX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ECL.
The table below shows ECL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Ecolab Inc. (ECL) Company Bio
Ecolab Inc., headquartered in St. Paul, Minnesota, is an American corporation that develops and offers services, technology and systems that specialize in water treatment, purification, cleaning and hygiene in a wide variety of applications. It helps organizations both private market as well as public treat their water, not only for drinking directly, but also for use in food, healthcare, hospitality related safety and industry. It was founded as Economics Laboratory in 1923 by Merritt J. Osborn, and renamed "Ecolab" in 1986. (Source:Wikipedia)
ECL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ECL Latest Social Stream
View Full ECL Social Stream
Latest ECL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ECOLAB INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ECL as an investment opportunity.
Oracle, AbbVie, Lowe's Companies, Ecolab and Motorola Solutions are part of the Zacks top Analyst Blog .
Today's Research Daily features new research reports on 16 major stocks, including Oracle Corporation (ORCL), AbbVie Inc. (ABBV) and Lowe's Companies, Inc. (LOW).
Ecolab's (ECL) strength in its business raises optimism about the stock.
Institutional investors may overlook Ecolab Inc.'s (NYSE:ECL) recent US$1.7b market cap drop as long-term gains remain positive
Key Insights Institutions' substantial holdings in Ecolab implies that they have significant influence over the...
The research firm selected three companies from one of its favorite mutual funds: Vanguard Dividend Growth.
ECL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|