Encore Capital Group Inc (ECPG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ECPG POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where ECPG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 83.7% of US stocks.
- ECPG's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- ECPG ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
ECPG Stock Summary
- ECPG's current price/earnings ratio is 3.38, which is higher than merely 4.88% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for ENCORE CAPITAL GROUP INC comes in at -7.21%, a number that bests merely 15.27% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- ENCORE CAPITAL GROUP INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 18.47%, greater than the shareholder yield of 91.17% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to ENCORE CAPITAL GROUP INC, a group of peers worth examining would be UONE, GDEN, OLPX, PATK, and VRTS.
- Visit ECPG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.encorecapital.com.
ECPG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, ECPG's EV/EBIT ratio is 44.74% lower, now standing at 6.3.
- Over the past 243 months, ECPG's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ECPG.
ECPG Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 25.66%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 41.26%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 107.02%.
The table below shows ECPG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ECPG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ECPG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.34% of graded US stocks.
- ECPG's asset turnover comes in at 0.348 -- ranking 20th of 428 Banking stocks.
- CHCO, FUSB, and C are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ECPG.
The table below shows ECPG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ECPG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ECPG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$49.66||52-week high||$72.73|
|Prev. close||$48.99||52-week low||$44.06|
|Day high||$49.88||Avg. volume||345,425|
|50-day MA||$48.05||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$57.64||Market Cap||1.16B|
Encore Capital Group Inc (ECPG) Company Bio
Encore Capital Group provides debt recovery solutions for consumers and property owners across a broad range of assets. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in San Diego, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
ECPG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ECPG Latest Social Stream
View Full ECPG Social Stream
Latest ECPG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ENCORE CAPITAL GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ECPG as an investment opportunity.
In this piece, we will take a look at the 15 Biggest Mortgage Companies in the US. For more companies, head on over to 5 Biggest Mortgage Companies in the US. The mortgage financing industry is one of the most important financial sectors in the U.S., and also one of the most controversial. In the […]
Encore Capital Group (ECPG) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -31.07% and 6.92%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
GAAP net income of $31 millionGAAP EPS of $1.22Global collections of $458 millionPortfolio purchases of $233 million SAN DIEGO, Nov. 02, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Encore Capital Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ECPG), an international specialty finance company, today reported consolidated financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2022. “Our performance in recent years and the disciplined execution of our strategy has put us in a position of strength to navigate the evolving macroeconomic en
Third Avenue Management, an investment management company based in New York City, released its “Small-Cap Value Fund” third quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the third quarter, the fund declined 3.27% compared to a 4.61% decline for the Russell 2000 Value Index. In addition, you can check the […]
SAN DIEGO, Oct. 18, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Encore Capital Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:ECPG), an international specialty finance company, announced today that it will release its financial results for the third quarter 2022 on Wednesday, November 2, 2022, after the market closes. The Company will also host a conference call and slide presentation the same day at 2:00 p.m. Pacific / 5:00 p.m. Eastern time with Ashish Masih, President and Chief Executive Officer, Jonathan Clark, Executive Vice President
ECPG Price Returns
Continue Researching ECPGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Encore Capital Group Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Encore Capital Group Inc (ECPG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Encore Capital Group Inc (ECPG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Encore Capital Group Inc (ECPG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch