Editas Medicine, Inc. (EDIT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EDIT POWR Grades
- EDIT scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 57% of US stocks.
- EDIT's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 178 days.
- EDIT ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
EDIT Stock Summary
- EDITAS MEDICINE INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than just 11.71% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 26.98, EDITAS MEDICINE INC has a higher such ratio than 94.98% of stocks in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -25.76%, EDITAS MEDICINE INC's debt growth rate surpasses just 12.24% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to EDITAS MEDICINE INC are RARE, CYCN, MRUS, DTIL, and AGIO.
- EDIT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit EDITAS MEDICINE INC's official web site, go to www.editasmedicine.com.
EDIT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, EDIT's price/earnings ratio is 114.96% lower, now standing at -3.5.
- EDIT's price/earnings ratio has moved up 5.4 over the prior 83 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EDIT.
EDIT Growth Metrics
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -40.58%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -31.7%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -30.99%.
The table below shows EDIT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EDIT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EDIT has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 12.21% of graded US stocks.
- EDIT's asset turnover comes in at 0.12 -- ranking 248th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- SMMT, SAGE, and VSTM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EDIT.
The table below shows EDIT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EDIT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EDIT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$10.25||52-week high||$32.37|
|Prev. close||$10.06||52-week low||$9.59|
|Day high||$10.34||Avg. volume||1,725,719|
|50-day MA||$11.76||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$14.24||Market Cap||704.82M|
Editas Medicine, Inc. (EDIT) Company Bio
Editas Medicine Inc. operates as a genome editing company. It focuses on translating its genome editing technology into a class of human therapeutics that enable precise and corrective molecular modification to treat the underlying cause of a range of diseases at the genetic level. Editas Medicine Inc. was formerly known as Gengine, Inc. and changed its name to Editas Medicine Inc. in November 2013. The company was founded in 2013 and is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
EDIT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EDIT Latest Social Stream
View Full EDIT Social Stream
Latest EDIT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about EDITAS MEDICINE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EDIT as an investment opportunity.
Editas (EDIT) faces a major setback as it decides to pause enrollment in the phase I/II BRILLIANCE study on EDIT-101, treating Leber congenital amaurosis type 10.
After losing some value lately, a hammer chart pattern has been formed for Editas (EDIT), indicating that the stock has found support. This, combined with an upward trend in earnings estimate revisions, could lead to a trend reversal for the stock in the near term.
Gene-editing specialist Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT) fits the bill, which is why the company's shares have plunged this year. Could this be what's in store for Editas Medicine in the next year? Let's dig into the company's business to find out.
Credit Suisse has downgraded Editas Medicine Inc (NASDAQ: EDIT) from Outperform to Neutral with a price target of $13 from $25. Thursday, Editas announced clinical data from the Phase 1/2 BRILLIANCE trial of EDIT-101, an in vivo CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing medicine. Given the small population (around 300 in the U.S.), the company will pause enrollment in the BRILLIANCE trial and seek to identify a collaboration partner to continue the development of EDIT-101. Credit Suisse says that Editas still
Editas (EDIT) pauses enrollment in the phase I/II BRILLIANCE study evaluating EDIT-101 for treating blindness due to Leber congenital amaurosis 10. Stock falls.
EDIT Price Returns