Educational Development Corporation (EDUC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EDUC POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where EDUC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for EDUC is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- EDUC ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 38th percentile.
EDUC Stock Summary
- Educational Development Corp's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 92.91% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.55, Educational Development Corp has a higher such ratio than only 9.59% of stocks in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Educational Development Corp comes in at 81.07%, a number that bests 92.84% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Educational Development Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be STC, DLTH, SYX, LFVN, and WIRE.
- EDUC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Educational Development Corp's official web site, go to www.edcpub.com.
EDUC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EDUC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.26||52-week high||$20.00|
|Prev. close||$13.28||52-week low||$7.46|
|Day high||$13.45||Avg. volume||30,115|
|50-day MA||$15.99||Dividend yield||3.02%|
|200-day MA||$16.11||Market Cap||110.73M|
Educational Development Corporation (EDUC) Company Bio
Educational Development Corporation, a publishing company, operates as a trade co-publisher of the line of educational children's books in the United States. The company offers various books, including Touchy-Feely board books, activity and flashcards, adventure and search books, art books, sticker books, and foreign language books, as well as science and math titles, and chapter books and novels. It operates through two divisions, Home Business and Publishing. The Home Business division distributes books through a network of independent consultants using a combination of direct sales, home parties, book fairs, and Internet based social media platforms. The Publishing division markets books to bookstores, toy stores, specialty stores, museums, and other retail outlets throughout the country. The company distributes children's books published by Usborne Publishing Limited in the United Kingdom. Educational Development Corporation was founded in 1965 and is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
EDUC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Educational Development Corp. To summarize, we found that Educational Development Corp ranked in the 24th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Educational Development Corp, consider:
- EDUC's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 32.82% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical), Educational Development Corp has a reliance on debt greater than just 22.07% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
EDUC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EDUC Latest Social Stream
View Full EDUC Social Stream
Latest EDUC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Educational Development Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EDUC as an investment opportunity.
Photo by Fly View Productions/E+ via Getty Images Growth, growth, growth. It's the one thing that investors look for in this climate. As long as the top line is growing strong, investors will love the company. Now, they are thinking Educational Development Corporation (NASDAQ:EDUC) will not be able to deliver...
Educational Development Corporation's (EDUC) CEO Randall White on Q4 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Educational Development Corporation (EDUC) Q4 2021 Earnings Conference Call May 18, 2021 4:00 PM ET Company Participants Randall White – Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Dan O’Keefe – Chief Financial Officer Craig White – Chief Operating Officer Heather Cobb – Chief Sales and Marketing Officer Conference Call Participants Randy Freed...
Unless you borrow money to invest, the potential losses are limited. But if you pick the right business to buy shares...
Educational Development Corporation Announces Record Fiscal Fourth Quarter, Fiscal Year 2021 Results
TULSA, Okla., May 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Educational Development Corporation (“EDC”, or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: EDUC) (http://www.edcpub.com) today reports record net revenues and earnings per share results for the fiscal fourth quarter and fiscal year ended February 28, 2021. Fiscal Year End Highlights Compared to the Prior Year Net revenues of $204.6 million, an increase of 81.1%, compared to $113.0 million.Net earnings of $12.6 million, an increase of 125.0% compared to $5.6 million.Earnings per share was $1.50, compared to $0.68, an increase of 120.6%. Fourth Quarter Highlights Compared to the Year Ago Quarter Net revenues of $40.3 million, an increase of $20.2 million, or 100.1%, compared to $20.1 million.Earnings before income taxes were $3.0 million, an increase of $2.3 mil...
What trends should we look for it we want to identify stocks that can multiply in value over the long term? In a...
EDUC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching EDUCWant to do more research on Educational Development Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Educational Development Corp (EDUC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Educational Development Corp (EDUC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Educational Development Corp (EDUC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch