Eagle Bulk Shipping Inc. (EGLE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EGLE POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where EGLE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.63% of US stocks.
- EGLE's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 47 weeks.
- EGLE ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
EGLE Stock Summary
- EGLE's current price/earnings ratio is 89.93, which is higher than 91.2% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Eagle Bulk Shipping Inc is reporting a growth rate of -997.12%; that's higher than just 1.86% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, EGLE is more volatile than 90.33% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to EGLE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SMLP, SPH, MLCO, GATX, and BKD.
- EGLE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Eagle Bulk Shipping Inc's official web site, go to www.eagleships.com.
EGLE Valuation Summary
- EGLE's price/sales ratio is 1.8; this is 45.45% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 197 months, EGLE's price/sales ratio has gone NA NA.
- Over the past 197 months, EGLE's EV/EBIT ratio has gone NA NA.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EGLE.
EGLE Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 91.09%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 11.77%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 24.61%.
The table below shows EGLE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EGLE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EGLE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 28.98% of graded US stocks.
- EGLE's asset turnover comes in at 0.363 -- ranking 50th of 138 Transportation stocks.
- SNDR, LSTR, and INSW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EGLE.
The table below shows EGLE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EGLE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EGLE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$52.61||52-week high||$56.47|
|Prev. close||$52.30||52-week low||$13.61|
|Day high||$54.00||Avg. volume||179,958|
|50-day MA||$44.73||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$37.05||Market Cap||708.13M|
Eagle Bulk Shipping Inc. (EGLE) Company Bio
Eagle Bulk Shipping Inc. is a US-based owner and operator of dry bulk vessels, providing its customers with global transportation services for the carriage of bulk commodities including: coal, grain, iron ore, steel, cement, and forest products, among others.
Most Popular Stories View All
EGLE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EGLE Latest Social Stream
View Full EGLE Social Stream
Latest EGLE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Eagle Bulk Shipping Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EGLE as an investment opportunity.
Costamare's (CMRE) ability to reward its shareholders through dividend payments even in these turbulent times is commendable.
Eagle Bulk Shipping (EGLE) shares have started gaining and might continue moving higher in the near term, as indicated by solid earnings estimate revisions.
Eagle Bulk Shipping (EGLE) could be a solid choice for shorter-term investors looking to capitalize on the recent price trend in fundamentally sound stocks. It is one of the many stocks that passed through our shorter-term trading strategy-based screen.
As the demand for commodities is picking up, shipping is also seeing a rebound. Around two days back, according to a Maritime Logistics Professional report, the Baltic Dry Index (BDI) rose to its highest peak in the past 11 years. The index was up by 55 points, to 4,147, and according to the report, this index has been up for the past nine straight trading sessions. This Index is reported on a daily basis by Baltic Exchange in London. The BDI is a benchmark for the price of moving major raw materials including iron ore, coal and grains by sea.
Container shipping is in uncharted territory. There has never been a crazy boom like this in its history. But as any shipping long-timer will tell you, there has indeed been a crazy boom like this in another sector: dry bulk circa 2007-2008. It's worth a look back at this earlier shipping mega-spike. First, to compare and contrast with this year's meteoric rise in container shipping profits. And second, to put current dry bulk rates — which are at decade highs and still rising — in perspective.
EGLE Price Returns
Continue Researching EGLEWant to do more research on Eagle Bulk Shipping Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Eagle Bulk Shipping Inc (EGLE) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Eagle Bulk Shipping Inc (EGLE) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Eagle Bulk Shipping Inc (EGLE) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch