VAALCO Energy, Inc. (EGY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EGY POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where EGY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for EGY is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- EGY's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 4.86% of US stocks).
EGY Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.6, Vaalco Energy Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 5.43% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Over the past twelve months, EGY has reported earnings growth of -388.94%, putting it ahead of merely 5.06% of US stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that EGY's revenue has grown 196.35% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 95.87% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Vaalco Energy Inc are DMLP, PNRG, MOXC, WFG, and DLPN.
- EGY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Vaalco Energy Inc's official web site, go to www.vaalco.com.
EGY Valuation Summary
- EGY's price/sales ratio is 1.3; this is 13.33% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- EGY's price/earnings ratio has moved up 23.5 over the prior 243 months.
- EGY's price/sales ratio has moved down 12 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EGY.
EGY Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 206.73%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 3.35%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 8.84%.
The table below shows EGY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EGY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EGY has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.46% of graded US stocks.
- EGY's asset turnover comes in at 0.74 -- ranking 23rd of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- KEGX, XPRO, and NCSM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EGY.
The table below shows EGY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EGY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EGY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$6.88||52-week high||$8.77|
|Prev. close||$6.94||52-week low||$2.06|
|Day high||$7.05||Avg. volume||1,548,808|
|50-day MA||$7.11||Dividend yield||1.89%|
|200-day MA||$5.08||Market Cap||405.25M|
VAALCO Energy, Inc. (EGY) Company Bio
VAALCO Energy, Inc., an independent energy company, acquires, explores for, develops, and produces crude oil and natural gas. The company holds Etame production sharing contract related to the Etame Marin block located offshore in the Republic of Gabon, West Africa. It also owns interests in an undeveloped block offshore Equatorial Guinea, West Africa. VAALCO Energy, Inc. was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
EGY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EGY Latest Social Stream
View Full EGY Social Stream
Latest EGY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vaalco Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EGY as an investment opportunity.
Buying shares in the best businesses can build meaningful wealth for you and your family. While the best companies are...
Introduction The American oil producer VAALCO Energy (NYSE: EGY) released its third quarter of 2021 results on November 3, 2021. 1 - 4Q21 and full-year 2021 production and revenue snapshot VAALCO Energy said it successfully completed the Etame 8H-ST development well offshore Gabon with an initial production of 2,550 Bop/d...
Vaalco Energy (EGY +3%) is on the move after saying it successfully completed the Etame 8H-ST development well offshore Gabon and that it produced 7,550 bbl/day during Q4, up 62% over the same period a year earlier. Vaalco said the sidetrack well targeted existing Gamba hydrocarbons in the Etame field...
Vaalco Energy <
VAALCO Energy Announces Successful Etame 8H-ST Well Has Been Placed on Production and Provides Operational and Financial Update
HOUSTON, Feb. 07, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- VAALCO Energy Inc. (NYSE: EGY; LSE: EGY) ("VAALCO" or the "Company") today announced the successful completion of the Etame 8H-ST development well that was drilled from the Etame platform in the Etame field, offshore Gabon. This sidetrack well targeted existing Gamba hydrocarbons in the field that have not previously been produced by prior wells and is the first well of VAALCO’s 2021/2022 drilling campaign. The rig has now moved to the Avouma platform a
EGY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|