VAALCO Energy, Inc. (EGY): Price and Financial Metrics
EGY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$4.51||52-week high||$5.59|
|Prev. close||$4.55||52-week low||$3.51|
|Day high||$4.56||Avg. volume||1,203,666|
|50-day MA||$4.33||Dividend yield||5.43%|
|200-day MA||$4.29||Market Cap||474.27M|
EGY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EGY POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where EGY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 68.05% of US stocks.
- EGY's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- EGY ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
EGY Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for EGY is currently 2.47, higher than just 8.73% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of VAALCO ENERGY INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 3.69% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 2,614.9%, VAALCO ENERGY INC's debt growth rate surpasses 99.42% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to EGY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AGFY, VLRS, MBIN, CIVI, and PEGY.
- EGY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit VAALCO ENERGY INC's official web site, go to www.vaalco.com.
EGY Valuation Summary
- EGY's price/sales ratio is 1.1; this is 31.25% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- EGY's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EGY.
EGY Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -60.37%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 142.66%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -298.78%.
The table below shows EGY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EGY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EGY has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.46% of graded US stocks.
- EGY's asset turnover comes in at 0.74 -- ranking 23rd of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- KEGX, XPRO, and NCSM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EGY.
The table below shows EGY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VAALCO Energy, Inc. (EGY) Company Bio
VAALCO Energy, Inc., an independent energy company, acquires, explores for, develops, and produces crude oil and natural gas. The company holds Etame production sharing contract related to the Etame Marin block located offshore in the Republic of Gabon, West Africa. It also owns interests in an undeveloped block offshore Equatorial Guinea, West Africa. VAALCO Energy, Inc. was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
EGY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EGY Latest Social Stream
View Full EGY Social Stream
Latest EGY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VAALCO ENERGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EGY as an investment opportunity.
It looks like VAALCO Energy, Inc. ( NYSE:EGY ) is about to go ex-dividend in the next 4 days. The ex-dividend date is...
While a certain confidence in betting with the masses exist, investors wanting to up the ante may consider undervalued growth stocks.
VAALCO Energy, Inc. (NYSE:EGY) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript November 8, 2023 Operator: Good day. And welcome to the VAALCO Energy Third Quarter 2023 Earnings Conference Call. All participants will be in a listen-only mode. [Operator Instructions] After today’s presentation, there will be an opportunity to ask questions. [Operator Instructions] Please note this event is […]
Q3 2023 VAALCO Energy Inc Earnings Call
VAALCO Energy, Inc. (NYSE:EGY) Stock Is Going Strong But Fundamentals Look Uncertain: What Lies Ahead ?
Most readers would already be aware that VAALCO Energy's (NYSE:EGY) stock increased significantly by 7.4% over the past...
EGY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|