VAALCO Energy, Inc. (EGY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EGY POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where EGY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- EGY's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 155 days.
- EGY's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 27.18% of US stocks).
EGY Stock Summary
- EGY's current price/earnings ratio is 5.29, which is higher than only 6.18% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Vaalco Energy Inc is reporting a growth rate of -387.69%; that's higher than just 5.11% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Vaalco Energy Inc comes in at 102.83%, a number that bests 93.27% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Vaalco Energy Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be VTOL, ACOR, CVEO, ATNI, and MGY.
- EGY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Vaalco Energy Inc's official web site, go to www.vaalco.com.
EGY Valuation Summary
- EGY's price/sales ratio is 1.3; this is 13.33% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- EGY's price/earnings ratio has moved up 23.5 over the prior 243 months.
- EGY's price/sales ratio has moved down 12 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EGY.
EGY Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 125.53%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -0.31%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 54.22%.
The table below shows EGY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EGY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EGY has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.46% of graded US stocks.
- EGY's asset turnover comes in at 0.74 -- ranking 23rd of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- KEGX, XPRO, and NCSM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EGY.
The table below shows EGY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EGY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EGY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$4.18||52-week high||$4.33|
|Prev. close||$4.10||52-week low||$2.06|
|Day high||$4.33||Avg. volume||442,155|
|50-day MA||$3.44||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.96||Market Cap||248.14M|
VAALCO Energy, Inc. (EGY) Company Bio
VAALCO Energy, Inc., an independent energy company, acquires, explores for, develops, and produces crude oil and natural gas. The company holds Etame production sharing contract related to the Etame Marin block located offshore in the Republic of Gabon, West Africa. It also owns interests in an undeveloped block offshore Equatorial Guinea, West Africa. VAALCO Energy, Inc. was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
EGY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EGY Latest Social Stream
View Full EGY Social Stream
Latest EGY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vaalco Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EGY as an investment opportunity.
NEW YORK, NY, Jan. 03, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Enzo Biochem, Inc. (NYSE: ENZ) (“Enzo” or the “Company”), a leading biosciences and diagnostics company, today announced the appointments of Hamid Erfanian and Bradley Radoff to the Company’s Board of Directors (the “Board”), effective immediately. The Company also announced that directors Dov Perlysky and Rebecca Fischer will step down from the Board immediately to facilitate a smooth transition for the new Board members. Dr. Mary Tagliaferri will
HOUSTON, Dec. 29, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- VAALCO Energy Inc. (NYSE: EGY; LSE: EGY) ("VAALCO" or the "Company") today announced the filing of a $150 million shelf registration statement on Form S-3 (the "Shelf Registration Statement") with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"). If and when declared effective by the SEC, the Shelf Registration Statement will allow the Company the flexibility to offer and sell, from time to time, up to $150 million of common stock, preferred stoc
Zacks Investment Research lowered shares of VAALCO Energy (NYSE:EGY) from a strong-buy rating to a hold rating in a report released on Tuesday morning, Zacks.com reports. According to Zacks, VAALCO ENERGY is an independent energy company principally engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas. EGY stock opened 
Vaalco Energy has started its 2021/2022 drilling campaign with the spud of the first well on the Etame field offshore Gabon.
Vaalco Energy, a US-based and independent energy company with production, development, and exploration assets in the West African region, announced this Monday it began its 2021/2022 drilling campaign. Firstly, the company’s drilling campaign will begin offshore Gabon, Africa, with the Etame 8H-ST well. Borr West Africa Assets Inc. recently deployed… The post Vaalco begins drilling campaign offshore Gabon appeared first on Energy Capital Media .
EGY Price Returns