EMCORE Corporation (EMKR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EMKR POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where EMKR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.93% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for EMKR is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- EMKR ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
EMKR Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for EMKR is currently 58.58, higher than 92.34% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- As for revenue growth, note that EMKR's revenue has grown 45.98% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 88.04% of US companies in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, EMKR is more volatile than 87.64% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Emcore Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be ALRM, COHU, PDEX, VMD, and MHH.
- Visit EMKR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.emcore.com.
EMKR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, EMKR's EV/EBIT ratio is 12.48% higher, now standing at 37.4.
- EMKR's price/sales ratio has moved down 3.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, EMKR's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 86.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EMKR.
EMKR Growth Metrics
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at -34.84%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -11.61%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 2.97%.
The table below shows EMKR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EMKR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EMKR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$8.28||52-week high||$10.87|
|Prev. close||$8.60||52-week low||$3.07|
|Day high||$8.57||Avg. volume||622,802|
|50-day MA||$9.38||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$6.36||Market Cap||305.02M|
EMCORE Corporation (EMKR) Company Bio
EMCORE Corporation designs and manufactures Indium Phosphide optical chips, components, subsystems, and systems for the broadband and specialty fiber optics market. The company was founded in 1984 and is based in Alhambra, California.
EMKR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Emcore Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Emcore Corp ranked in the 12th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 90.5%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for EMKR, they are:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Emcore Corp over the past 3.42 years is 0.07%; that's better than only 24.34% of cash flow producing equities in the Technology sector, where it is classified.
- EMKR's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 44.86% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
EMKR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EMKR Latest Social Stream
View Full EMKR Social Stream
Latest EMKR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Emcore Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EMKR as an investment opportunity.
ALHAMBRA, CA, July 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- EMCORE Corporation (Nasdaq: EMKR), a leading provider of advanced mixed-signal products that serve the aerospace & defense and broadband communications markets, will announce its fiscal 2021 third quarter results for the period ended June 30, 2021 on Wednesday, August 4, 2021 after the market close. Conference Call Information The Company will host a conference call to discuss these results at 8:00 a.m. ET (5:00 a.m. PT) on Thursday, August 5, 2021
EMCORE Awarded $4.1 Million Supplemental Contract from Raytheon Intelligence & Space for High-Performance Fiber Optic Gyroscopes
ALHAMBRA, CA, July 21, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- EMCORE Corporation (Nasdaq: EMKR), a leading provider of advanced mixed-signal products that serve the aerospace and defense and broadband communications markets, announced today that it has been awarded a $4.1 million supplement to its long-term Fiber Optic Gyroscope contract with Raytheon Intelligence & Space. Under the supplemental contract, EMCORE will supply high-performance FOG modules for use in airborne optical targeting systems. EMCORE has
Hedge funds and large money managers usually invest with a focus on the long-term horizon and, therefore, short-lived dips or bumps on the charts usually don’t make them change their opinion towards a company. This time it may be different. The coronavirus pandemic destroyed the high correlations among major industries and asset classes. We are […]
scanrail/iStock via Getty Images The last four weeks have not been kind to EMCORE Corporation (EMKR). EMKR continues to grow at a rapid pace according to the latest report, yet the stock has fallen almost 20% in the last month. The stock looks headed for a critical juncture that could...
EMCORE to Host Navigation & Inertial Sensing Webinar with Inside GNSS Magazine on Wednesday, July 21st
ALHAMBRA, Calif., July 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- EMCORE Corporation (Nasdaq: EMKR), a leading provider of advanced mixed-signal products that serve the aerospace & defense and broadband communications markets, announced today that it will be hosting a webinar with Inside GNSS magazine on Wednesday, July 21st titled “Resetting the Bar on Inertial Sensor SWaP (Size, Weight and Power) for Tactical and Navigation Applications.” The webinar will discuss how EMCORE’s technical breakthroughs in iner
EMKR Price Returns