Emerson Electric Co. (EMR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EMR POWR Grades
- EMR scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 84.22% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for EMR is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- EMR ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
EMR Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $47,363,346,000, EMERSON ELECTRIC CO has a greater market value than 95.44% of US stocks.
- EMR's went public 37.26 years ago, making it older than 93.5% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of EMERSON ELECTRIC CO's share price is greater than that of just 18.13% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to EMERSON ELECTRIC CO, a group of peers worth examining would be JCI, AJG, USB, CTAS, and TT.
- Visit EMR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.emerson.com.
EMR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, EMR's price/sales ratio is 38.89% higher, now standing at 2.5.
- Over the past 243 months, EMR's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 18.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EMR.
EMR Growth Metrics
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 4.69%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 42.56%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 36.74%.
The table below shows EMR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EMR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EMR has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.63% of graded US stocks.
- EMR's asset turnover comes in at 0.753 -- ranking 21st of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- THR, PLUG, and POLA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EMR.
The table below shows EMR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EMR Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of EMR, see our EMR price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$109.60||Average Broker Recommendation||1.64 (Moderate Buy)|
EMR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EMR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$85.59||52-week high||$100.00|
|Prev. close||$84.94||52-week low||$72.40|
|Day high||$86.00||Avg. volume||3,649,238|
|50-day MA||$85.54||Dividend yield||2.49%|
|200-day MA||$86.41||Market Cap||48.91B|
Emerson Electric Co. (EMR) Company Bio
Emerson Electric Co. is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Ferguson, Missouri. The Fortune 500 company manufactures products and provides engineering services for industrial, commercial, and consumer markets. Emerson has approximately 83,500 employees and 200 manufacturing locations. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
EMR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EMR Latest Social Stream
View Full EMR Social Stream
Latest EMR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about EMERSON ELECTRIC CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EMR as an investment opportunity.
Emerson Electric (NYSE:EMR) shareholders have earned a 25% CAGR over the last three years
It hasn't been the best quarter for Emerson Electric Co. ( NYSE:EMR ) shareholders, since the share price has fallen...
Emerson Named Among 'America's Most Innovative Companies' by Fortune Magazine
Global technology and software company Emerson (NYSE: EMR) has been named to Fortune Magazine's "America's Most Innovative Companies" list for 2023. The magazine's inaugural list recognizes companies leading in product and process innovation, innovation cultures and revenue growth. Emerson is ranked #33 on the list of 300 companies.
12 Best Diversified Dividend Stocks to Buy Now
In this article, we discuss 12 diversified dividend stocks to buy now. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend stocks and their performance over the years, and go directly to read 5 Best Diversified Dividend Stocks to Buy Now. Diversified companies can provide investors with diversification across different industries and sectors, which can help reduce […]
Emerson Electric Shares Continue to Disappoint
Emerson Electric were upgraded to an overweight ("buy") rating at Morgan Stanley a week ago. The company was named the 2023 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year for Energy Management Tuesday. Lot's of media attention but in my review of March 21 I wrote that "Fundamental analysts can be comfortable recommending stocks in downtrends but technical analysts are not."
Emerson Named 2023 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year for Energy Management
Global technology and software company Emerson (NYSE: EMR) has received the 2023 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy. The Energy Management award recognizes companies that have superior energy management programs and demonstrated their commitment to environmental protection and continuous improvement in their buildings and facilities.
EMR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching EMRWant to see what other sources are saying about Emerson Electric Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Emerson Electric Co (EMR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Emerson Electric Co (EMR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Emerson Electric Co (EMR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...