Emerson Electric Company (EMR): Price and Financial Metrics
EMR Stock Summary
- EMR has a market capitalization of $53,096,625,675 -- more than approximately 95.64% of US stocks.
- Emerson Electric Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.78% of US equities in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 26.77%, Emerson Electric Co's debt growth rate surpasses 75.95% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Emerson Electric Co, a group of peers worth examining would be HUM, ECL, COF, MMC, and SHW.
- EMR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Emerson Electric Co's official web site, go to www.emerson.com.
EMR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EMR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$92.01||52-week high||$92.44|
|Prev. close||$91.04||52-week low||$37.75|
|Day high||$92.44||Avg. volume||2,635,188|
|50-day MA||$83.92||Dividend yield||2.22%|
|200-day MA||$72.12||Market Cap||55.21B|
Emerson Electric Company (EMR) Company Bio
Emerson Electric provides technology and engineering solutions to industrial, commercial, and consumer markets worldwide. It operates through five segments: Process Management, Industrial Automation, Network Power, Climate Technologies, and Commercial & Residential Solutions. The company was founded in 1890 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
EMR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for EMR, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Emerson Electric Co ranked in the 32th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 57.83%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for EMR, they are:
- In the past 5.75 years, Emerson Electric Co has a compound free cash flow growth rate of 0.02%; that's higher than merely 23.52% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Industrials sector.
- EMR's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 29.17% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
EMR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EMR Latest Social Stream
View Full EMR Social Stream
Latest EMR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Emerson Electric Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EMR as an investment opportunity.
Organic Waste Converter Machine Market is Going to Boom with BioHiTech Global, Emerson Electric, KCS Engineering
The global Organic Waste Converter Machine market focuses on encompassing major statistical evidence for the Organic Waste Converter Machine industry as it offers our readers a value addition on guiding them in encountering the obstacles surrounding the market. A comprehensive
Top-ranked German technology giant Siemens seems to be recovering nicely from the coronavirus crash last year. On Thursday, Siemens' stock Relative Strength (RS) Rating rose to 72, up from 69. The 72 Relative Strength Rating means that Siemens is outperforming 72% of all stocks.
Emerson Electric (EMR) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Emerson Electric (EMR) closed at $88.53 in the latest trading session, marking a +1.03% move from the prior day.
To enhance its focused efforts and purpose around environmental sustainability, global technology and industrial software leader Emerson (NYSE: EMR) today announced the appointment of its first chief sustainability officer. Mike Train, who has served as president since 2018 and a member of Emerson’s Office of the Chief Executive (OCE) since 2016, will step down as president to take on this new and important role for Emerson. Emerson also announced the promotion of Lisa Flavin, who currently serves as vice president and chief compliance officer, to senior vice president and chief compliance officer. Flavin will also join Emerson’s OCE. Emerson Chief Executive Officer Lal Karsanbhai has been named president.
EMR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching EMRWant to see what other sources are saying about Emerson Electric Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!