Emerson Electric Co. (EMR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EMR POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where EMR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.19% of US stocks.
- EMR's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- EMR ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 40th percentile.
EMR Stock Summary
- EMR has a higher market value than 95.35% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $58,841,640,000.
- Emerson Electric Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of Emerson Electric Co's share price is greater than that of only 5.22% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Emerson Electric Co, a group of peers worth examining would be MCO, ADM, PAYX, FISV, and NTR.
- Visit EMR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.emerson.com.
EMR Valuation Summary
- EMR's price/earnings ratio is 26.4; this is 1.34% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, EMR's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.1.
- EMR's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 11.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EMR.
EMR Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 20.83%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 1.59%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -22.25%.
The table below shows EMR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EMR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EMR has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.63% of graded US stocks.
- EMR's asset turnover comes in at 0.753 -- ranking 21st of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- THR, PLUG, and POLA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EMR.
The table below shows EMR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EMR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EMR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$90.29||52-week high||$105.99|
|Prev. close||$88.86||52-week low||$76.16|
|Day high||$90.52||Avg. volume||3,116,366|
|50-day MA||$84.26||Dividend yield||2.32%|
|200-day MA||$90.71||Market Cap||53.39B|
Emerson Electric Co. (EMR) Company Bio
Emerson Electric Co. is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Ferguson, Missouri. The Fortune 500 company manufactures products and provides engineering services for industrial, commercial, and consumer markets. Emerson has approximately 83,500 employees and 200 manufacturing locations. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
EMR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EMR Latest Social Stream
View Full EMR Social Stream
Latest EMR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Emerson Electric Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EMR as an investment opportunity.
The projects will result in at least 80 additional jobs to the city and about $200 million in capital investment in Round Rock, which had a population of 119,468 in 2020, according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates.
A St. Louis tech firm says it has 13 Ukrainian contractors, 10 of whom remain in the country amid the Russian invasion. "Does something happen to the team specifically, their well-being and health? There’s a lot of uncertainty."
Two of St. Louis' largest publicly traded companies said they've altered their operations in Ukraine as a result of Russian military attacks in the Eastern European country.
It's official, the Nasdaq Composite entered a bear market on Thursday. A bear market is typically defined as a 20% or higher peak-to-trough decline, while a correction is a 10% peak-to-trough decline. Investors looking for stable companies that can outlast a prolonged bear market have come to the right place.
BRUSSELS, February 22, 2022--HITA, a deep geothermal energy company in Belgium, has selected global software and technology leader Emerson (NYSE: EMR) as a key technology provider in the discovery and development of geothermal energy sources in Northern Belgium. Emerson’s geological and reservoir modeling software will help reduce risk in selecting locations for renewable geothermal energy projects, increasing the safety and reliability of construction and operation while enabling long-term sust
EMR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|