EnerSys (ENS): Price and Financial Metrics
ENS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$93.67||52-week high||$113.34|
|Prev. close||$94.67||52-week low||$56.72|
|Day high||$95.08||Avg. volume||240,674|
|50-day MA||$100.38||Dividend yield||0.94%|
|200-day MA||$91.59||Market Cap||3.84B|
ENS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ENS POWR Grades
- ENS scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 91.54% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ENS is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- ENS ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 10th percentile.
ENS Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of ENERSYS's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 82.73% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -34%, ENERSYS's debt growth rate surpasses just 9.23% of about US stocks.
- ENERSYS's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 12.84%, greater than the shareholder yield of 85.94% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to ENERSYS, a group of peers worth examining would be HWKN, KMT, WOR, CSWI, and VMI.
- Visit ENS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.enersys.com.
ENS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, ENS's price/sales ratio is 42.11% lower, now standing at 1.1.
- ENS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 22.9 over the prior 233 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ENS.
ENS Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 30.45%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 30.45%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 12.74%.
The table below shows ENS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ENS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ENS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.66% of graded US stocks.
- ENS's asset turnover comes in at 0.899 -- ranking 82nd of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- DPZ, VRTV, and IGC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ENS.
The table below shows ENS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EnerSys (ENS) Company Bio
EnerSys manufactures and distributes reserve power and motive power batteries, battery chargers, power equipment, battery accessories and outdoor equipment enclosure solutions to customers worldwide. The company was founded in 1999 and is based in Reading, Pennsylvania.
ENS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ENS Latest Social Stream
View Full ENS Social Stream
Latest ENS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ENERSYS that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ENS as an investment opportunity.
Value investing is essentially about selecting stocks that are usually cheap but fundamentally sound. Select Medical (SEM), EnerSys (ENS), Marathon Oil (MRO) and Adtalem Global (ATGE) boast a low P/CF ratio.
Eaton Corporation, A. O. Smith and EnerSys are part of the Zacks Industry Outlook article.
Zacks.com featured highlights include Select Medical, Pampa Energia, Compania Cervecerias Unidas, Paysafe and EnerSys
Select Medical, Pampa Energia, Compania Cervecerias Unidas, Paysafe and EnerSys are part of the Zacks Screen of the Week article.
EnerSys (ENS) closed the most recent trading day at $96.20, moving +1.9% from the previous trading session.
Improving supply chains and signs of an uptick in manufacturing activities favor the Zacks Manufacturing - Electronics industry's near-term prospects. ETN, AOS and ENS are well-placed to capitalize on the buoyancy in the industry.
ENS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|