Essent Group Ltd. Common Shares (ESNT): Price and Financial Metrics
ESNT Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 10.61, Essent Group Ltd P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 14.07% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Essent Group Ltd's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.9% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 89.5%, Essent Group Ltd's debt growth rate surpasses 88.5% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Essent Group Ltd, a group of peers worth examining would be NWPX, ITP, VEC, YETI, and MPX.
- Visit ESNT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.essentgroup.com.
ESNT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ESNT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.23||52-week high||$49.53|
|Prev. close||$41.20||52-week low||$17.52|
|Day high||$42.25||Avg. volume||835,068|
|50-day MA||$44.55||Dividend yield||1.55%|
|200-day MA||$39.63||Market Cap||4.64B|
Essent Group Ltd. Common Shares (ESNT) Company Bio
Essent Group provides private mortgage insurance and reinsurance for mortgages secured by residential properties located in the United States. The company was founded in 2008 and is based in Hamilton, Bermuda.
ESNT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Essent Group Ltd. To summarize, we found that Essent Group Ltd ranked in the 77th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 276.5% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for ESNT, they are:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 57.69; that's higher than 92.43% of US stocks in the Financial Services sector that have positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 8% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than only 24.99% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- ESNT's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 37.02% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
ESNT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ESNT Latest Social Stream
View Full ESNT Social Stream
Latest ESNT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Essent Group Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ESNT as an investment opportunity.
When you buy shares in a company, it's worth keeping in mind the possibility that it could fail, and you could lose...
Essent Group Ltd. reported lower-than-expected fourth-quarter results. However, shares of the private mortgage insurance services provider closed 1.9% higher on Friday as its CEO, Mark A. Casale, remains optimistic about 2021. Casale said, “During 2020, we were also pleased with housing’s resilience, which remains the bright spot in the economy entering 2021 as supply-demand imbalances and favorable first-time home buying trends persist which are positive for our franchise.” Essent Group (ESNT) reported adjusted earnings of $1.10 per share in the fourth quarter, which missed analysts’ estimates of $1.22 per share and declined 26.2% year-over-year. Its revenues of $247.2 million grew 8.1% year-over-year but lagged the consensus estimates of $252.1 million.
RBC Capital Stick to Their Buy Rating for Essent Group
The following slide deck was published by Essent Group Ltd. in conjunction with their 2020 Q4 earnings call....
Essent Group Ltd. (ESNT) Q4 2020 Earnings Conference Call February 19, 2021 10:00 A.M. ET Company Participants Chris Curran - Senior Vice President of Investor Relations Mark Casale - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Larry McAlee - Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants Phil Stefano - Deutsche Bank Mark DeVries...
ESNT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching ESNTHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Essent Group Ltd's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!