Essex Property Trust Inc. (ESS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ESS POWR Grades
- ESS scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 75.18% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ESS is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- ESS ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
ESS Stock Summary
- ESSEX PROPERTY TRUST INC's market capitalization of $12,853,340,109 is ahead of 86.6% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of ESSEX PROPERTY TRUST INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 3.61% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For ESS, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 92% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ESS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AL, AER, IRT, AIRC, and KNOP.
- ESS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ESSEX PROPERTY TRUST INC's official web site, go to www.essexapartmenthomes.com.
ESS Valuation Summary
- ESS's EV/EBIT ratio is 32; this is 17.65% higher than that of the median Real Estate stock.
- Over the past 243 months, ESS's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ESS.
ESS Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 0.61%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 181.64%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 19.16%.
The table below shows ESS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ESS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ESS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 66.31% of graded US stocks.
- ESS's asset turnover comes in at 0.112 -- ranking 179th of 443 Trading stocks.
- FSP, MN, and TRTX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ESS.
The table below shows ESS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ESS Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of ESS, see our ESS price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$342.79||Average Broker Recommendation||1.77 (Moderate Buy)|
ESS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ESS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$196.17||52-week high||$363.36|
|Prev. close||$199.22||52-week low||$196.03|
|Day high||$201.73||Avg. volume||561,732|
|50-day MA||$223.63||Dividend yield||4.27%|
|200-day MA||$240.06||Market Cap||12.66B|
Essex Property Trust Inc. (ESS) Company Bio
Essex Property Trust is a publicly traded real estate investment trust that invests in apartments, primarily on the West Coast of the United States. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
ESS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ESS Latest Social Stream
View Full ESS Social Stream
Latest ESS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ESSEX PROPERTY TRUST INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ESS as an investment opportunity.
Investors one-year losses continue as Essex Property Trust (NYSE:ESS) dips a further 8.8% this week, earnings continue to decline
Passive investing in an index fund is a good way to ensure your own returns roughly match the overall market. Active...
3 Bargain-Basement Dividend Stocks to Buy Right Now
Most stocks trade at lower valuations these days due to the sell-off in the broader market. However, while that's made most stocks cheaper, some really stand out for their bargain-basement prices relative to their rivals.
3 Passive Income Powerhouses to Stock Up on Now
Dividend stocks can be a powerhouse for passive income. Not only do they offer reliable monthly or quarterly income, but the money you make can grow over time. That means investors can supercharge their earnings by investing in high-quality dividend stocks with a history of dividend growth.
Essex Property Trust to Present at The 2023 Citigroup Global Property CEO Conference
SAN MATEO, Calif., March 03, 2023--Essex Property Trust, Inc. (NYSE:ESS) announced today that Michael J. Schall, President and CEO, will be participating in a roundtable presentation at the 2023 Citigroup Global Property CEO Conference held in Hollywood, FL on Monday, March 6, 2023, at 4:20 p.m. Eastern Time.
3 Top Multifamily REIT Stocks to Buy in March
Whether March comes in like a lion and leaves like a lamb, or vice versa, remains to be seen. Three REITs to consider now because of their performance records and prospects going forward are Mid-America Apartment Communities (NYSE: MAA), Essex Property Trust (NYSE: ESS), and Camden Property Trust (NYSE: CPT).
ESS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching ESSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Essex Property Trust Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Essex Property Trust Inc (ESS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Essex Property Trust Inc (ESS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Essex Property Trust Inc (ESS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...