Essex Property Trust, Inc. (ESS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ESS POWR Grades
- ESS scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 80.78% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ESS is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- ESS's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 15.54% of US stocks).
ESS Stock Summary
- ESS has a market capitalization of $21,438,075,098 -- more than approximately 88.19% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Essex Property Trust Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 4.81% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Essex Property Trust Inc is higher than it is for about 92.98% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Essex Property Trust Inc are VTR, O, VER, WELL, and PEAK.
- Visit ESS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.essexapartmenthomes.com.
ESS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Real Estate stock, ESS's price/earnings ratio is 44.87% higher, now standing at 54.4.
- ESS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 26.1 over the prior 243 months.
- ESS's price/sales ratio has moved up 10.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ESS.
ESS Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 158.85%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 54.23%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 12.27%.
The table below shows ESS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ESS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ESS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 61.52% of graded US stocks.
- ESS's asset turnover comes in at 0.111 -- ranking 185th of 457 Trading stocks.
- MN, NRZ, and TROW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ESS.
The table below shows ESS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ESS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ESS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$330.90||52-week high||$337.43|
|Prev. close||$329.64||52-week low||$186.30|
|Day high||$333.71||Avg. volume||371,157|
|50-day MA||$325.14||Dividend yield||2.54%|
|200-day MA||$287.83||Market Cap||21.52B|
Essex Property Trust, Inc. (ESS) Company Bio
Essex Property Trust acquires, develops, redevelops, and manages multifamily residential properties in selected West Coast markets. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in Palo Alto, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
ESS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ESS Latest Social Stream
View Full ESS Social Stream
Latest ESS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Essex Property Trust Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ESS as an investment opportunity.
Equity Residential (EQR) sees a strong leasing season on healthy demand and pricing for its apartment units.
The real estate boom has been one of the most perplexing but if you believe that it can still move forward, here are the stocks to buy.
Essex Property Trust to Present Virtually at the Bank of America Securities 2021 Global Real Estate Conference
SAN MATEO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Essex Property Trust, Inc. (NYSE:ESS) announced today that its President and CEO, Michael J. Schall, will participate in a roundtable discussion at the Bank of America Securities 2021 Global Real Estate Conference on Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 11:15 a.m. Eastern Time. Additionally, the Company has published an updated September 2021 Investor Presentation which can be accessed on the Investors section of the Company’s website at www.essex.com. A live webca
APTS vs. ESS: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Essex Property Trust, Inc. (NYSE:ESS) announced today that its Board of Directors has declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $2.09 per common share, payable October 15, 2021 to shareholders of record as of September 30, 2021. About Essex Property Trust, Inc. Essex Property Trust, Inc., an S&P 500 company, is a fully integrated real estate investment trust (REIT) that acquires, develops,
ESS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching ESSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Essex Property Trust Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Essex Property Trust Inc (ESS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Essex Property Trust Inc (ESS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Essex Property Trust Inc (ESS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch