Essex Property Trust Inc. (ESS): Price and Financial Metrics
ESS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$220.66||52-week high||$248.80|
|Prev. close||$213.46||52-week low||$195.03|
|Day high||$220.90||Avg. volume||440,201|
|50-day MA||$213.11||Dividend yield||4.35%|
|200-day MA||$222.31||Market Cap||14.16B|
ESS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ESS POWR Grades
- ESS scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 72.49% of US stocks.
- ESS's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- ESS's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 17.21% of US stocks).
ESS Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of ESSEX PROPERTY TRUST INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 3.3% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For ESS, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 92.11% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, ESS is more volatile than merely 9.74% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to ESSEX PROPERTY TRUST INC are AMH, OHI, CUZ, CPT, and AVB.
- Visit ESS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.essexapartmenthomes.com.
ESS Valuation Summary
- ESS's price/sales ratio is 8.1; this is 92.86% higher than that of the median Real Estate stock.
- ESS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ESS.
ESS Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 0.61%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 181.64%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 19.16%.
The table below shows ESS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ESS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ESS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 66.31% of graded US stocks.
- ESS's asset turnover comes in at 0.112 -- ranking 179th of 443 Trading stocks.
- FSP, MN, and TRTX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ESS.
The table below shows ESS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ESS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ESS Latest Social Stream
View Full ESS Social Stream
Latest ESS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ESSEX PROPERTY TRUST INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ESS as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss top 30 dividend achievers according to dividend yield. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend growers and their performance over the years, and go directly to read Dividend Achievers List Ranked By Yield: Top 10. Dividend Achievers are a group of companies known for consistently increasing their dividends for […]
A discussion about how the market of stocks works and why all REITs are not the same.
MDV vs. ESS: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Within the past two weeks, many real estate investment trusts (REITs) have defied lowered expectations from Wall Street by announcing third-quarter earnings that either met or exceeded the estimates or showed improvement from the third quarter of 2022. Share prices usually rise when companies report improved earnings, and if analyst upgrades follow, they often boost the price even further. Take a look at three REITs, from three different REIT sub-sectors that beat consensus estimates and have re
Essex Property Trust, Inc. (NYSE:ESS) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript October 27, 2023 Operator: Good day, and welcome to the Essex Property Trust Third Quarter 2023 Earnings Conference Call. As a reminder, today’s conference call is being recorded. Statements made in this conference call regarding expected operating results and other future events are forward-looking statements, […]
ESS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching ESSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Essex Property Trust Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Essex Property Trust Inc (ESS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Essex Property Trust Inc (ESS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Essex Property Trust Inc (ESS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch