Essex Property Trust, Inc. (ESS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ESS POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where ESS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.44% of US stocks.
- ESS's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- ESS ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
ESS Stock Summary
- Essex Property Trust Inc's market capitalization of $20,152,262,056 is ahead of 88.05% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of Essex Property Trust Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 5.48% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Essex Property Trust Inc is higher than it is for about 92.98% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ESS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LNT, AGR, ETR, NNN, and AEE.
- ESS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Essex Property Trust Inc's official web site, go to www.essexapartmenthomes.com.
ESS Valuation Summary
- ESS's price/earnings ratio is 48; this is 20.3% higher than that of the median Real Estate stock.
- Over the past 243 months, ESS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up $22.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ESS.
ESS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ESS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$314.11||52-week high||$316.63|
|Prev. close||$314.04||52-week low||$186.30|
|Day high||$314.75||Avg. volume||415,144|
|50-day MA||$291.86||Dividend yield||2.66%|
|200-day MA||$252.52||Market Cap||20.42B|
Essex Property Trust, Inc. (ESS) Company Bio
Essex Property Trust acquires, develops, redevelops, and manages multifamily residential properties in selected West Coast markets. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in Palo Alto, California.
ESS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Essex Property Trust Inc. To summarize, we found that Essex Property Trust Inc ranked in the 47th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 24%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for ESS, they are:
- Essex Property Trust Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 17.54% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Essex Property Trust Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than only 20.19% of stocks in its sector (Real Estate).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
ESS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ESS Latest Social Stream
View Full ESS Social Stream
Latest ESS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Essex Property Trust Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ESS as an investment opportunity.
Welltower Hires Former Essex Property Trust COO MarketWatch
Essex Property Trust Inc. stock outperforms competitors on strong trading day MarketWatch
Essex Property Trust Inc. stock rises Monday, outperforms market MarketWatch
Essex Property (ESS) Raises Guidance for Q2 & 2021, Stock Up Yahoo Finance
With a hot housing market forcing people to become renters, apartment REITs could see their valuations rise significantly.
ESS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching ESSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Essex Property Trust Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Essex Property Trust Inc (ESS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Essex Property Trust Inc (ESS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Essex Property Trust Inc (ESS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch