First American Corp. (FAF): Price and Financial Metrics
FAF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$56.49||52-week high||$64.66|
|Prev. close||$56.94||52-week low||$43.54|
|Day high||$57.45||Avg. volume||596,458|
|50-day MA||$60.69||Dividend yield||3.72%|
|200-day MA||$57.61||Market Cap||5.82B|
FAF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FAF POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where FAF ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.53% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FAF is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- FAF's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 48.86% of US stocks).
FAF Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of FIRST AMERICAN FINANCIAL CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.26% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that FAF's revenue has grown -26.85% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 9.76% of US companies in our set.
- The volatility of FIRST AMERICAN FINANCIAL CORP's share price is greater than that of merely 7.06% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to FIRST AMERICAN FINANCIAL CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be OGE, CNNE, VET, PLAY, and GL.
- Visit FAF's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.firstam.com.
FAF Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, FAF's price/sales ratio is 60.87% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- FAF's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 162 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FAF.
FAF Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 46.23%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 10.9%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 19.87%.
The table below shows FAF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FAF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FAF has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 62.12% of graded US stocks.
- FAF's asset turnover comes in at 0.607 -- ranking 21st of 133 Insurance stocks.
- NMIH, MET, and MTG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FAF.
The table below shows FAF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
First American Corp. (FAF) Company Bio
First American Financial is a provider of title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions. The company provides title plant management services; title and other real property records and images; valuation products and services; home warranty products; property and casualty insurance; and banking, trust and investment advisory services. The company was founded in 2008 and is based in Santa Ana, California.
FAF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FAF Latest Social Stream
View Full FAF Social Stream
Latest FAF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FIRST AMERICAN FINANCIAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FAF as an investment opportunity.
The residential real estate market seems set for a slump.
Affordability Sinks to Lowest Point in Over Three Decades, According to First American Real House Price Index
SANTA ANA, Calif., September 25, 2023--First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), a premier provider of title, settlement and risk solutions for real estate transactions and the leader in the digital transformation of its industry, today released the July 2023 First American Real House Price Index (RHPI). The RHPI measures the price changes of single-family properties throughout the U.S. adjusted for the impact of income and interest rate changes on consumer house-buying power over time a
First American Title Executive Vice President Sally French Tyler Named to CREW Network’s Exclusive Circle of Excellence
SANTA ANA, Calif., September 22, 2023--First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), a premier provider of title, settlement and risk solutions for real estate transactions and the leader in the digital transformation of its industry, today announced that Sally French Tyler, who serves as executive vice president and group president of First American Title’s residential and commercial operations, was named to CREW Network’s Circle of Excellence, the most prestigious honor from the global org
SANTA ANA, Calif., September 19, 2023--First American Data & Analytics, a leading national provider of property-centric information, risk management and valuation solutions and a division of First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), today released its August 2023 Home Price Index (HPI) report. The report tracks home price changes at the national, state and metropolitan (Core-Based Statistical Area) levels and includes metropolitan price tiers that segment sale transactions into starter,
Better pricing, expansion of international business, reserving discipline, a solid balance sheet and prudent capital management policy should help W.R. Berkley (WRB) maintain the streak of paying special dividends.
FAF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching FAFWant to see what other sources are saying about First American Financial Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
First American Financial Corp (FAF) Stock Price | Nasdaq
First American Financial Corp (FAF) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
First American Financial Corp (FAF) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch