First American Corp. (FAF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FAF POWR Grades
- FAF scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 77.95% of US stocks.
- FAF's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- FAF ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
FAF Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 7.97, First American Financial Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 11.33% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of First American Financial Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 18.05% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.9, First American Financial Corp has a higher such ratio than only 18.18% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to First American Financial Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be FLO, CASY, KSS, SNDR, and KNX.
- FAF's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit First American Financial Corp's official web site, go to www.firstam.com.
FAF Valuation Summary
- FAF's EV/EBIT ratio is 5.9; this is 37.23% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 135 months, FAF's price/sales ratio has gone up $0.4.
- FAF's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down $2.8 over the prior 135 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FAF.
FAF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FAF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$62.79||52-week high||$66.92|
|Prev. close||$62.98||52-week low||$44.05|
|Day high||$62.86||Avg. volume||778,574|
|50-day MA||$64.42||Dividend yield||2.92%|
|200-day MA||$55.53||Market Cap||6.89B|
First American Corp. (FAF) Company Bio
First American Financial is a provider of title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions. The company provides title plant management services; title and other real property records and images; valuation products and services; home warranty products; property and casualty insurance; and banking, trust and investment advisory services. The company was founded in 2008 and is based in Santa Ana, California.
FAF Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for First American Financial Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that First American Financial Corp ranked in the 76th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of First American Financial Corp, consider:
- First American Financial Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 15.78% of tickers in our DCF set.
- FAF's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 15.78% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, First American Financial Corp experienced a tax rate of about 19% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Financial Services), this tax rate is higher than 83.69% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
FAF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FAF Latest Social Stream
View Full FAF Social Stream
Latest FAF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about First American Financial Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FAF as an investment opportunity.
Let's see if First American Financial Corporation (FAF) stock is a good choice for value-oriented investors right now from multiple angles.
Bamboo Insurance, a reimagined insurance company focused on transparency, customer advocacy and a frictionless experience, has acquired certain of the assets of First American Property and Casualty Insurance Agency ("FAPCIA") from parent company First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), a leading provider of title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions that traces its heritage back to 1889. First American announced in October 2020 its intent to exi
Fast-rising housing costs have helped to push inflation to a 13-year high. Housing costs rose by 0.4% between April and May, according to the latest edition of the monthly consumer price index released Thursday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Compared with last year, housing prices for renters and homeowners alike were up 2.2%.
CoreLogic®, a leading global property information, analytics and data-enabled solutions provider, today announced the completion of its acquisition by funds managed by Stone Point Capital and Insight Partners for $80 per share in cash. CoreLogic’s common stock has ceased trading on the New York Stock Exchange.
S&P Dow Jones Indices will make the following changes to the S&P MidCap 400 effective prior to the opening of trading on Wednesday, June 9:
FAF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching FAFWant to see what other sources are saying about First American Financial Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
First American Financial Corp (FAF) Stock Price | Nasdaq
First American Financial Corp (FAF) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
First American Financial Corp (FAF) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch