First American Corp. (FAF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FAF POWR Grades
- FAF scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 82.23% of US stocks.
- FAF's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- FAF ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
FAF Stock Summary
- FAF's current price/earnings ratio is 5.15, which is higher than just 13.43% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of FIRST AMERICAN FINANCIAL CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.45% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- FAF's price/sales ratio is 0.52; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 18.07% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to FAF, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are JRVR, MDU, CNNE, NOMD, and FRFHF.
- Visit FAF's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.firstam.com.
FAF Valuation Summary
- FAF's EV/EBIT ratio is 4.3; this is 55.67% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 150 months, FAF's price/earnings ratio has gone down 11.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FAF.
FAF Growth Metrics
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 1.32%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 22.45%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -27.25%.
The table below shows FAF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FAF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FAF has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 62.12% of graded US stocks.
- FAF's asset turnover comes in at 0.607 -- ranking 21st of 133 Insurance stocks.
- NMIH, MET, and MTG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FAF.
The table below shows FAF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FAF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FAF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$44.97||52-week high||$81.54|
|Prev. close||$45.10||52-week low||$44.34|
|Day high||$46.00||Avg. volume||758,949|
|50-day MA||$54.54||Dividend yield||4.63%|
|200-day MA||$62.45||Market Cap||4.68B|
First American Corp. (FAF) Company Bio
First American Financial is a provider of title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions. The company provides title plant management services; title and other real property records and images; valuation products and services; home warranty products; property and casualty insurance; and banking, trust and investment advisory services. The company was founded in 2008 and is based in Santa Ana, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
FAF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FAF Latest Social Stream
View Full FAF Social Stream
Latest FAF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FIRST AMERICAN FINANCIAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FAF as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss 10 stocks to buy for interest rate hikes. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, check out 5 Stocks to Buy for Interest Rate Hikes. In a rising rates environment, stocks tend to shed value as the anticipated future earnings decline. It is prudent to diversify a […]
Housing Market Potential Increases for First Time in Nearly a Year, According to First American Potential Home Sales Model
SANTA ANA, Calif., September 21, 2022--First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), a premier provider of title, settlement and risk solutions for real estate transactions and the leader in the digital transformation of its industry, today released First American’s proprietary Potential Home Sales Model for the month of August 2022. The Potential Home Sales Model measures what the healthy market level of home sales should be based on economic, demographic, and housing market fundamentals.
Paymints.io, a secure, digital, white-label SaaS platform that allows parties to collect earnest money as well as transfer and disburse funds for real estate transactions, has integrated with First American Title Insurance Company's PRISM® digital platform for title agents. The PRISM platform, which combines automation and marketing tools, allows First American policy-issuing title agents to offer valuable products and services directly to their customers via any computer or mobile device at any
Real estate is a proven money-making industry and companies operating in it have the attention of this billionaire investor.
First American (FAF) remains well poised to capitalize on the increased demand among millennials for first-time home purchases.
FAF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching FAFWant to see what other sources are saying about First American Financial Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
First American Financial Corp (FAF) Stock Price | Nasdaq
First American Financial Corp (FAF) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
First American Financial Corp (FAF) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch