First American Corp. (FAF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FAF POWR Grades
- FAF scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 83.39% of US stocks.
- FAF's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- FAF's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 5.47% of US stocks).
FAF Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of FIRST AMERICAN FINANCIAL CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.51% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that FAF's revenue has grown -7.85% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 15.18% of US companies in our set.
- FIRST AMERICAN FINANCIAL CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 13.99%, greater than the shareholder yield of 89.13% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to FIRST AMERICAN FINANCIAL CORP are BKKT, JRVR, SUNL, MDU, and NOMD.
- Visit FAF's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.firstam.com.
FAF Valuation Summary
- FAF's price/earnings ratio is 13.5; this is 18.42% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 154 months, FAF's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FAF.
FAF Growth Metrics
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 1.32%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 27.52%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 62.29%.
The table below shows FAF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FAF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FAF has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 62.12% of graded US stocks.
- FAF's asset turnover comes in at 0.607 -- ranking 21st of 133 Insurance stocks.
- NMIH, MET, and MTG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FAF.
The table below shows FAF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FAF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FAF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$62.84||52-week high||$76.63|
|Prev. close||$63.77||52-week low||$43.54|
|Day high||$63.49||Avg. volume||657,270|
|50-day MA||$55.82||Dividend yield||3.26%|
|200-day MA||$54.56||Market Cap||6.51B|
First American Corp. (FAF) Company Bio
First American Financial is a provider of title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions. The company provides title plant management services; title and other real property records and images; valuation products and services; home warranty products; property and casualty insurance; and banking, trust and investment advisory services. The company was founded in 2008 and is based in Santa Ana, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
FAF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FAF Latest Social Stream
View Full FAF Social Stream
Latest FAF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FIRST AMERICAN FINANCIAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FAF as an investment opportunity.
SANTA ANA, Calif., February 02, 2023--First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), a premier provider of title, settlement and risk solutions for real estate transactions and the leader in the digital transformation of its industry, announced today the completion of First American’s acquisition of assets of 1031 Solutions, LLC, a full-service 1031 exchange company that provides qualified intermediary services for real estate exchanges, including reverse and improvement exchanges, to attorne
House Prices Declining Fastest in Overvalued Markets, According to First American Real House Price Index
SANTA ANA, Calif., January 31, 2023--First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), a premier provider of title, settlement and risk solutions for real estate transactions and the leader in the digital transformation of its industry, today released the November 2022 First American Real House Price Index (RHPI). The RHPI measures the price changes of single-family properties throughout the U.S. adjusted for the impact of income and interest rate changes on consumer house-buying power over time
First Financial (FFBC) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 7.35% and 7.87%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
The price-to-sales ratio is a convenient tool to gauge the value of stocks incurring losses or in an early development cycle. Stocks like AIR, SKM, PUMP, CRUS and FAF hold promise.
W.R. Berkley's (WRB) fourth quarter results are likely to reflect higher premiums partialy offset by higher expense.
FAF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching FAFWant to see what other sources are saying about First American Financial Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
First American Financial Corp (FAF) Stock Price | Nasdaq
First American Financial Corp (FAF) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
First American Financial Corp (FAF) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch