First American Corp. (FAF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FAF POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where FAF ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 77.95% of US stocks.
- FAF's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- FAF ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
FAF Stock Summary
- FAF's current price/earnings ratio is 7.19, which is higher than merely 9.58% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of First American Financial Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.46% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that FAF's revenue has grown 30.14% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 82.47% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to First American Financial Corp are XEC, LIVN, HRC, AGCO, and RGLD.
- FAF's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit First American Financial Corp's official web site, go to www.firstam.com.
FAF Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, FAF's price/sales ratio is 72.73% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- Over the past 136 months, FAF's price/earnings ratio has gone down 8.5.
- FAF's price/earnings ratio has moved down 8.5 over the prior 136 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FAF.
FAF Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 17.39%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 9.27%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 31.13%.
The table below shows FAF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FAF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FAF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$66.10||52-week high||$66.92|
|Prev. close||$65.31||52-week low||$44.05|
|Day high||$66.38||Avg. volume||765,059|
|50-day MA||$63.87||Dividend yield||2.82%|
|200-day MA||$56.94||Market Cap||7.27B|
First American Corp. (FAF) Company Bio
First American Financial is a provider of title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions. The company provides title plant management services; title and other real property records and images; valuation products and services; home warranty products; property and casualty insurance; and banking, trust and investment advisory services. The company was founded in 2008 and is based in Santa Ana, California.
FAF Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for First American Financial Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that First American Financial Corp ranked in the 76th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of First American Financial Corp, consider:
- First American Financial Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 15.78% of tickers in our DCF set.
- FAF's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 15.78% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, First American Financial Corp experienced a tax rate of about 19% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Financial Services), this tax rate is higher than 83.69% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
FAF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FAF Latest Social Stream
View Full FAF Social Stream
Latest FAF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about First American Financial Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FAF as an investment opportunity.
Netflix got things going Tuesday afternoon with its second-quarter earnings report.
First American Financial (FAF) second-quarter 2021 results reflect strong performance of its Title Insurance and Services segment and Specialty Insurance segment, partly offset by high expenses.
SANTA ANA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), a leading global provider of title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021. Current Quarter Highlights Total revenue of $2.3 billion, up 41 percent compared with last year Closed title orders up 7 percent, driven by growth in purchase and commercial orders, partially offset by lower refinance or
(RTTNews) - First American Financial Corporation (FAF) Thursday reported net income of $302.3 million or $2.72 per share in the second quarter, up from $170.66 million or $1.52 per share in the same quarter a year ago. Total revenue for the quarter increased 41% year-over-year to $2.266 billion from $1.6088 billion last year. The company said
Joining us today will be our Chief Executive Officer, Dennis Gilmore; and Mark Seaton, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. Some of the statements made today may contain forward-looking statements that do not relate strictly to historical or current fact.
FAF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching FAFWant to see what other sources are saying about First American Financial Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
First American Financial Corp (FAF) Stock Price | Nasdaq
First American Financial Corp (FAF) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
First American Financial Corp (FAF) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch