First American Corp. (FAF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FAF POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where FAF ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 78.33% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FAF is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- FAF ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
FAF Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 5.98, First American Financial Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 10.05% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of First American Financial Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.8, First American Financial Corp has a higher such ratio than merely 19.13% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to First American Financial Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be JRVR, RGLD, PDCE, PTEN, and DRH.
- FAF's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit First American Financial Corp's official web site, go to www.firstam.com.
FAF Valuation Summary
- FAF's price/earnings ratio is 7.5; this is 31.82% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- FAF's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 137 months.
- Over the past 137 months, FAF's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FAF.
FAF Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 60.85%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 67.63%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 19.85%.
The table below shows FAF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FAF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FAF has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 62.12% of graded US stocks.
- FAF's asset turnover comes in at 0.607 -- ranking 21st of 133 Insurance stocks.
- NMIH, MET, and MTG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FAF.
The table below shows FAF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FAF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FAF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$60.27||52-week high||$81.54|
|Prev. close||$59.43||52-week low||$57.30|
|Day high||$60.32||Avg. volume||834,995|
|50-day MA||$61.66||Dividend yield||3.43%|
|200-day MA||$69.61||Market Cap||6.47B|
First American Corp. (FAF) Company Bio
First American Financial is a provider of title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions. The company provides title plant management services; title and other real property records and images; valuation products and services; home warranty products; property and casualty insurance; and banking, trust and investment advisory services. The company was founded in 2008 and is based in Santa Ana, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
FAF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FAF Latest Social Stream
View Full FAF Social Stream
Latest FAF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about First American Financial Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FAF as an investment opportunity.
Rising Rates May Bring Balance to Housing Market, According to First American Real House Price Index
SANTA ANA, Calif., February 23, 2022--First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), a leading global provider of title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, today released the December 2021 First American Real House Price Index (RHPI). The RHPI measures the price changes of single-family properties throughout the U.S. adjusted for the impact of income and interest rate changes on consumer house-buying power over time at national, state and metropolit
In this article, we discuss 10 stocks to invest in now according to Anthony Bozza’s Lakewood Capital. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of Bozza’s history, investment philosophy, and hedge fund performance, go directly to 5 Stocks to Invest in Now According to Anthony Bozza’s Lakewood Capital. Anthony Bozza‘s Lakewood Capital Management is […]
It's only natural that many investors, especially those who are new to the game, prefer to buy shares in 'sexy' stocks...
Housing Market Potential Hinges on Opposing Supply-Demand Forces, According to First American Potential Home Sales Model
SANTA ANA, Calif., February 22, 2022--First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), a leading global provider of title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, today released First American’s proprietary Potential Home Sales Model for the month of January 2022. The Potential Home Sales Model measures what the healthy market level of home sales should be based on economic, demographic, and housing market fundamentals.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
FAF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching FAFWant to see what other sources are saying about First American Financial Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
First American Financial Corp (FAF) Stock Price | Nasdaq
First American Financial Corp (FAF) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
First American Financial Corp (FAF) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch