Freeport-McMoRan, Inc. (FCX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FCX POWR Grades
- FCX scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 87.16% of US stocks.
- FCX's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- FCX ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
FCX Stock Summary
- FCX has a market capitalization of $37,875,663,321 -- more than approximately 94.6% of US stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for FREEPORT-MCMORAN INC is higher than merely 24.41% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for FREEPORT-MCMORAN INC is higher than it is for about 96.88% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to FREEPORT-MCMORAN INC are TDG, CD, HASI, HTGC, and GDS.
- FCX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit FREEPORT-MCMORAN INC's official web site, go to www.fcx.com.
FCX Valuation Summary
- FCX's price/sales ratio is 1.8; this is 5.88% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, FCX's price/earnings ratio has gone down 493.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FCX.
FCX Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 91.08%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 246.5%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 44.58%.
The table below shows FCX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FCX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FCX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 78.34% of graded US stocks.
- FCX's asset turnover comes in at 0.44 -- ranking 16th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- USAS, UUUU, and SMTS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FCX.
The table below shows FCX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FCX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FCX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.67||52-week high||$51.99|
|Prev. close||$28.17||52-week low||$24.80|
|Day high||$28.42||Avg. volume||19,119,158|
|50-day MA||$29.77||Dividend yield||1.06%|
|200-day MA||$37.91||Market Cap||39.55B|
Freeport-McMoRan, Inc. (FCX) Company Bio
Freeport McMoran engages in the acquisition of mineral assets, and oil and natural gas resources. It primarily explores for copper, gold, molybdenum, cobalt, silver, and other metals, as well as oil and gas. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
Most Popular Stories View All
FCX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FCX Latest Social Stream
View Full FCX Social Stream
Latest FCX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FREEPORT-MCMORAN INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FCX as an investment opportunity.
In the latest trading session, Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) closed at $28.17, marking a +1.11% move from the previous day.
If you can tolerate the volatility that comes with the sector, here are seven of the best precious metals stocks to buy now
As we enter into a bear market, investors are searching for alternative investment paths for diversification.
PHOENIX, September 26, 2022--Freeport-McMoRan Inc. (NYSE: FCX) today announced the publication of its updated Climate Report, which outlines FCX’s ongoing initiatives to reduce its greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, improve energy efficiency, evaluate and integrate the use of lower carbon and renewable energy sources and enhance its resilience to future climate-related risks.
Shares in copper miner Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE: FCX) dropped 5.9% today. When the market worries about global growth prospects, the first thing to get sold off are these commodities mainly because all it takes is a marginal change in demand to negatively impact prices. There's no way to get around the fact that when copper prices fall, Freeport's stock will suffer.
FCX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|