Freeport-McMoRan, Inc. (FCX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FCX POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where FCX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.14% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FCX is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- FCX ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
FCX Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Freeport-Mcmoran Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.95% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Freeport-Mcmoran Inc is higher than it is for about 99.61% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, FCX has reported earnings growth of 1,992.43%, putting it ahead of 98.96% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Freeport-Mcmoran Inc are MRCC, ARCC, KEN, NMFC, and NGG.
- FCX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Freeport-Mcmoran Inc's official web site, go to www.fcx.com.
FCX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, FCX's price/sales ratio is 76.47% higher, now standing at 3.
- FCX's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, FCX's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FCX.
FCX Growth Metrics
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 15.09%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -75.58%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -82.7%.
The table below shows FCX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FCX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FCX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$36.68||52-week high||$46.10|
|Prev. close||$36.35||52-week low||$12.44|
|Day high||$36.80||Avg. volume||23,975,461|
|50-day MA||$38.04||Dividend yield||0.83%|
|200-day MA||$31.60||Market Cap||53.76B|
Freeport-McMoRan, Inc. (FCX) Company Bio
Freeport McMoran engages in the acquisition of mineral assets, and oil and natural gas resources. It primarily explores for copper, gold, molybdenum, cobalt, silver, and other metals, as well as oil and gas. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
FCX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. To summarize, we found that Freeport-Mcmoran Inc ranked in the 16th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Freeport-Mcmoran Inc ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 4.19 years, is -0.16% -- higher than just 10.07% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- As a business, Freeport-Mcmoran Inc experienced a tax rate of about 27% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Basic Materials), this tax rate is higher than 90.23% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
FCX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FCX Latest Social Stream
View Full FCX Social Stream
Latest FCX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Freeport-Mcmoran Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FCX as an investment opportunity.
PT Freeport Indonesia (PT-FI), in partnership with The Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI) and the South Australian Museum, discovered a new frog species in Mimika Regency, Papua, Indonesia.
FCX earnings call for the period ending July 30, 2021.
(Bloomberg) -- A hard turn to the left in South American politics may come with a silver lining for mining companies in the form of higher prices, according to Freeport-McMoRan Inc. Chief Executive Officer Richard Adkerson.Policy uncertainty in Peru and Chile, which account for about 40% of global copper production, is supportive of future prices as producers balk on pulling the trigger on investments, he told analysts on a call Thursday. The shifting political winds are part of the challenges t
Freeport's (FCX) Q2 earnings reflect gains from higher realized prices.
(Bloomberg) -- Freeport-McMoRan Inc., the top publicly traded copper miner, produced less than expected last quarter, offering a boost to prices of the metal that had retreated from record highs.The Phoenix-based company reported second-quarter output of 913 million pounds, trailing the 961 million-pound average estimate among analysts. While Freeport reiterated its annual sales forecast and output is well above year-ago levels, copper sales came in below Freeport’s own projection due to the tim
FCX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|