Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FNMA POWR Grades
- FNMA scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 81.21% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FNMA is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- FNMA's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 6.11% of US stocks).
FNMA Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 0.09, Federal National Mortgage Association Fannie Mae P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 0.07% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- For FNMA, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 99.91% of US equities we're observing.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 141.63 for Federal National Mortgage Association Fannie Mae; that's greater than it is for 99.76% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Federal National Mortgage Association Fannie Mae are FMCC, ORC, EARN, AGM, and NLY.
- Visit FNMA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.fanniemae.com.
FNMA Valuation Summary
- FNMA's price/earnings ratio is 0.1; this is 99.09% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, FNMA's price/sales ratio has gone down 3.6.
- Over the past 243 months, FNMA's price/earnings ratio has gone down 6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FNMA.
FNMA Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 244.51%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 41.12%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 19.86%.
The table below shows FNMA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FNMA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FNMA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 37.72% of graded US stocks.
- FNMA's asset turnover comes in at 0.009 -- ranking 434th of 437 Banking stocks.
- NFBK, DFS, and CAC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FNMA.
The table below shows FNMA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FNMA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FNMA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$0.89||52-week high||$3.25|
|Prev. close||$0.92||52-week low||$0.88|
|Day high||$0.92||Avg. volume||5,551,191|
|50-day MA||$1.11||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1.82||Market Cap||1.03B|
Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA) Company Bio
Federal National Mortgage Association provides a source of financing for mortgages in the United States. It securitizes mortgage loans originated by lenders into Fannie Mae mortgage-backed securities (Fannie Mae MBS). The company operates in two segments, Single-Family and Multifamily. The Single-Family segment securitizes and purchases single-family fixed-rate or adjustable-rate, first-lien mortgage loans, or mortgage-related securities backed by these loans; and loans that are insured by Federal Housing Administration, loans guaranteed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Rural Development Housing and Community Facilities Program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, manufactured housing mortgage loans, and other mortgage-related securities. This segment also provides single-family mortgage, as well as credit risk and loss management services. The Multifamily segment securitizes multifamily mortgage loans into Fannie Mae MBS; purchases multifamily mortgage loans; and provides credit enhancement for bonds issued by state and local housing finance authorities to finance multifamily housing. This segment also issues structured MBS backed by Fannie Mae multifamily MBS; buys and sells multifamily agency mortgage-backed securities; and offers delegated underwriting and servicing, as well as multifamily mortgage, and credit risk and loss management services. The company serves mortgage banking companies, savings and loan associations, savings banks, commercial banks, credit unions, community banks, specialty servicers, insurance companies, and state and local housing finance agencies. Federal National Mortgage Association was founded in 1938 and is headquartered in Washington, the District of Columbia.
Most Popular Stories View All
FNMA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FNMA Latest Social Stream
View Full FNMA Social Stream
Latest FNMA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Federal National Mortgage Association Fannie Mae that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FNMA as an investment opportunity.
Fannie Mae (OTC: FNMA) says it expects U.S. home sales to end 2021 a bit higher than they were the year before and the multiple economic effects of the coronavirus pandemic to dampen the market well into next year. The ESR economists also adjusted their housing construction forecast to reflect their belief that some of the housing starts they had expected for later this year would be pushed into 2022. Meanwhile, the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) says builder sentiment is continuing the cooling seen since hitting a record peak last November, and that segment is now "stable."
Fannie Mae (OTCQB: FNMA) today announced its intention to enter into new credit risk transfer (CRT) transactions in the fourth quarter of 2021. The company expects to transfer mortgage credit risk via its Connecticut Avenue Securities® (CAS) and Credit Insurance Risk Transfer™ (CIRT™) programs.
For the second month in a row expectations for near-term real GDP growth were revised downward – and outward – due to persistent supply chain disruptions and labor market tightness, according to the September 2021 commentary from the Fannie Mae (OTCQB: FNMA) Economic and Strategic Research (ESR) Group. The ESR Group now projects full-year 2021 real GDP growth to clock in at 5.4 percent, down from its previous forecast of 6.3 percent, anticipating instead that much of the previously projected sec
When the Treasury Department put a 7% upper limit on Fannie and Freddie loans, investors were shocked. Things have changed. Find out what's new today.
Fannie Mae (OTCQB: FNMA) today announced the results of its twenty-second reperforming loan sale transaction. The deal, which was announced on August 12, 2021, included the sale of approximately 18,800 loans totaling $2.14 billion in unpaid principal balance (UPB), divided into four pools. The winning bidder of the four pools for the transaction was Pacific Investment Management Company LLC (PIMCO) for Pools 1, 2, 3, and 4, each awarded individually. The transaction is expected to close on Octob
FNMA Price Returns
Continue Researching FNMAWant to see what other sources are saying about Federal National Mortgage Association Fannie Mae's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Federal National Mortgage Association Fannie Mae (FNMA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Federal National Mortgage Association Fannie Mae (FNMA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Federal National Mortgage Association Fannie Mae (FNMA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch