Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FNMA POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where FNMA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.51% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FNMA is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- FNMA's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 7.37% of US stocks).
FNMA Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION FANNIE MAE is higher than it is for about 99.93% of US stocks.
- FNMA's price/sales ratio is 0.02; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 0.11% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for FNMA comes in at 35,957.58% -- higher than that of 99.93% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION FANNIE MAE, a group of peers worth examining would be FMCC, NLY, AGNC, AGM, and EARN.
- Visit FNMA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.fanniemae.com.
FNMA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, FNMA's price/earnings ratio is 162.28% higher, now standing at 29.9.
- Over the past 243 months, FNMA's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 0.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FNMA.
FNMA Growth Metrics
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at -69.92%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 684.3%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 193.84%.
The table below shows FNMA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FNMA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FNMA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 41.21% of graded US stocks.
- FNMA's asset turnover comes in at 0.009 -- ranking 425th of 428 Banking stocks.
- DFS, MRLN, and UNTY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FNMA.
The table below shows FNMA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FNMA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FNMA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$0.46||52-week high||$0.89|
|Prev. close||$0.47||52-week low||$0.35|
|Day high||$0.48||Avg. volume||2,686,074|
|50-day MA||$0.44||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$0.55||Market Cap||532.60M|
Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA) Company Bio
Federal National Mortgage Association provides a source of financing for mortgages in the United States. It securitizes mortgage loans originated by lenders into Fannie Mae mortgage-backed securities (Fannie Mae MBS). The company operates in two segments, Single-Family and Multifamily. The Single-Family segment securitizes and purchases single-family fixed-rate or adjustable-rate, first-lien mortgage loans, or mortgage-related securities backed by these loans; and loans that are insured by Federal Housing Administration, loans guaranteed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Rural Development Housing and Community Facilities Program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, manufactured housing mortgage loans, and other mortgage-related securities. This segment also provides single-family mortgage, as well as credit risk and loss management services. The Multifamily segment securitizes multifamily mortgage loans into Fannie Mae MBS; purchases multifamily mortgage loans; and provides credit enhancement for bonds issued by state and local housing finance authorities to finance multifamily housing. This segment also issues structured MBS backed by Fannie Mae multifamily MBS; buys and sells multifamily agency mortgage-backed securities; and offers delegated underwriting and servicing, as well as multifamily mortgage, and credit risk and loss management services. The company serves mortgage banking companies, savings and loan associations, savings banks, commercial banks, credit unions, community banks, specialty servicers, insurance companies, and state and local housing finance agencies. Federal National Mortgage Association was founded in 1938 and is headquartered in Washington, the District of Columbia.
Most Popular Stories View All
FNMA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FNMA Latest Social Stream
View Full FNMA Social Stream
Latest FNMA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION FANNIE MAE that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FNMA as an investment opportunity.
Fannie Mae Economic and Strategic Research Group (ESR) delivered a less-than-festive forecast for the economy last week. What Happened: According to the ESR's January 2023 commentary, despite ending the year on a stronger-than-anticipated footing, the economy is still expected to slip into a modest recession in the first half of 2023. The ESR views the current rate of consumption as unsustainable and predicts that an eventual retrenchment of the consumer will be a major factor in the upcoming ec
Despite ending the year on a stronger-than-anticipated footing, the economy is still expected to slip into a modest recession beginning in the first half of 2023, according to the January 2023 commentary from the Fannie Mae (OTCQB: FNMA) Economic and Strategic Research (ESR) Group. The ESR Group views the current rate of consumption as unsustainable relative to disposable income and forecasts that an eventual retrenchment of the consumer will be a major factor in the upcoming economic contractio
The federally controlled mortgage giants got a boost from improving homebuilder sentiment – albeit off a low base.
Fannie Mae Selects Five Proposals to Help Advance Racial Equity in Housing through $5 Million Innovation Challenge
Fannie Mae (OTCQB: FNMA) today announced the selection of five organizations to receive deliverable-based contracts under the Sustainable Communities Innovation Challenge, a nationwide competition to help advance racial equity in housing. Through the Innovation Challenge 2022 (IC22), the company sought innovative, scalable proposals to remove barriers that currently prevent many households, including Black households, from purchasing or renting a home.
Fannie Mae (OTCQB: FNMA) today announced the results of its twenty-eighth reperforming loan sale transaction. The deal, announced on October 6, 2022, included the sale of approximately 10,100 loans totaling $1.9 billion in unpaid principal balance (UPB), divided into five pools. The winning bidders were Pacific Investment Management Company LLC (PIMCO) for Pools 1, 2 and 3, JP Morgan Mortgage Acquisition Corp. (Chase) for Pool 4, and PIF Onshore XXXV LP for Pool 5, each awarded individually. The
FNMA Price Returns
Continue Researching FNMAWant to see what other sources are saying about Federal National Mortgage Association Fannie Mae's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Federal National Mortgage Association Fannie Mae (FNMA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Federal National Mortgage Association Fannie Mae (FNMA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Federal National Mortgage Association Fannie Mae (FNMA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch