Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FNMA POWR Grades
- FNMA scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 80.88% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FNMA is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- FNMA's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 12.91% of US stocks).
FNMA Stock Summary
- FNMA's current price/earnings ratio is 0.04, which is higher than only 0% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- For FNMA, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 99.93% of US equities we're observing.
- Federal National Mortgage Association Fannie Mae's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 15,742.68%, greater than the shareholder yield of 99.93% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to FNMA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FMCC, ORC, EARN, NLY, and AGM.
- FNMA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Federal National Mortgage Association Fannie Mae's official web site, go to www.fanniemae.com.
FNMA Valuation Summary
- FNMA's price/earnings ratio is 0.1; this is 99.09% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, FNMA's price/sales ratio has gone down 3.6.
- Over the past 243 months, FNMA's price/earnings ratio has gone down 6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FNMA.
FNMA Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 58.33%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 164.12%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 48.49%.
The table below shows FNMA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FNMA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FNMA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 41.21% of graded US stocks.
- FNMA's asset turnover comes in at 0.009 -- ranking 425th of 428 Banking stocks.
- DFS, MRLN, and UNTY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FNMA.
The table below shows FNMA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FNMA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FNMA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$0.49||52-week high||$1.61|
|Prev. close||$0.50||52-week low||$0.48|
|Day high||$0.54||Avg. volume||1,757,145|
|50-day MA||$0.68||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$0.82||Market Cap||567.24M|
Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA) Company Bio
Federal National Mortgage Association provides a source of financing for mortgages in the United States. It securitizes mortgage loans originated by lenders into Fannie Mae mortgage-backed securities (Fannie Mae MBS). The company operates in two segments, Single-Family and Multifamily. The Single-Family segment securitizes and purchases single-family fixed-rate or adjustable-rate, first-lien mortgage loans, or mortgage-related securities backed by these loans; and loans that are insured by Federal Housing Administration, loans guaranteed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Rural Development Housing and Community Facilities Program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, manufactured housing mortgage loans, and other mortgage-related securities. This segment also provides single-family mortgage, as well as credit risk and loss management services. The Multifamily segment securitizes multifamily mortgage loans into Fannie Mae MBS; purchases multifamily mortgage loans; and provides credit enhancement for bonds issued by state and local housing finance authorities to finance multifamily housing. This segment also issues structured MBS backed by Fannie Mae multifamily MBS; buys and sells multifamily agency mortgage-backed securities; and offers delegated underwriting and servicing, as well as multifamily mortgage, and credit risk and loss management services. The company serves mortgage banking companies, savings and loan associations, savings banks, commercial banks, credit unions, community banks, specialty servicers, insurance companies, and state and local housing finance agencies. Federal National Mortgage Association was founded in 1938 and is headquartered in Washington, the District of Columbia.
Most Popular Stories View All
FNMA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FNMA Latest Social Stream
View Full FNMA Social Stream
Latest FNMA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Federal National Mortgage Association Fannie Mae that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FNMA as an investment opportunity.
(Bloomberg) -- Fannie Mae delayed a scheduled residential mortgage bond on Thursday due to market volatility spurred by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, according to people with knowledge of the matter.Most Read from BloombergTaiwan to Join in U.S.-Led Sanctions on Russia: Ukraine UpdateRussia Invasion of Ukraine Ignites European Security CrisisRussia Hits Airfields; Kyiv Imposes Martial Law: Ukraine UpdateStocks Rise as Oil Pares Gain After Biden Address: Markets WrapSix Early Thoughts on Russia's
Rating Action: Moody's assigns provisional ratings to Prime RMBS issued by J.P. Morgan Mortgage Trust 2022-2Global Credit Research - 24 Feb 2022New York, February 24, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") has assigned provisional ratings to 62 classes of residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) issued by J.P. Morgan Mortgage Trust (JPMMT) 2022-2. The ratings range from (P)Aaa (sf) to (P)Aa1 (sf).JPMMT 2022-2 is the second prime jumbo transaction in 2022 issued by J.P. Morgan Mortgage Acquisition Corporation (JPMMAC). The credit characteristics of the mortgage loans backing this transaction are similar to both recent JPMMT transactions and other prime jumbo issuers that we have rated.
Pershing Square Capital Management, an investment management firm, published its fourth-quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. An annual portfolio net return of 26.9% was recorded by the fund for the whole year of 2021, versus the S&P 500 Index, the FTSE 100, and MSCI World Index that delivered a […]
Florida Housing Finance Corporation -- Moody's assigns Aaa to Florida Housing Finance Corporation Multifamily Tax-Exempt Mortgage-backed Bonds (M-TEMS) (The Canopy at West River Towers 1 & 2), 2022 Series A-1
Rating Action: Moody's assigns Aaa to Florida Housing Finance Corporation Multifamily Tax-Exempt Mortgage-backed Bonds (M-TEMS) (The Canopy at West River Towers 1 & 2), 2022 Series A-1Global Credit Research - 22 Feb 2022New York, February 22, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service (Moody's) has assigned a Aaa rating to the proposed $29,350,000 Florida Housing Finance Corporation Multifamily Tax-Exempt Mortgage-backed Bonds (M-TEMS) (The Canopy at West River Towers 1 & 2), 2022 Series A-1.RATINGS RATIONALEThe Aaa rating of this forward M-TEMS transaction is based on the high credit quality of the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae, Aaa stable) mortgage-backed security (MBS) and strong legal structure where principal and interest are passed through to bondholders monthly. Fanni...
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are asking mortgage lenders more questions about safety and structural soundness of condos and co-op buildings, slowing down loan approvals.
FNMA Price Returns
Continue Researching FNMAWant to see what other sources are saying about Federal National Mortgage Association Fannie Mae's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Federal National Mortgage Association Fannie Mae (FNMA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Federal National Mortgage Association Fannie Mae (FNMA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Federal National Mortgage Association Fannie Mae (FNMA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch