Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (FRFHF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FRFHF POWR Grades
- FRFHF scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 98.06% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FRFHF is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- FRFHF ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
FRFHF Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 3.88, Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 3.52% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd is higher than only 6.32% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to FRFHF, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CNA, SJR, SNDR, CNNE, and SSL.
- FRFHF's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd's official web site, go to www.fairfax.ca.
FRFHF Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, FRFHF's price/sales ratio is 81.25% lower, now standing at 0.6.
- Over the past 215 months, FRFHF's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.2.
- FRFHF's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 215 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FRFHF.
FRFHF Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 142.61%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 112.86%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -13.73%.
The table below shows FRFHF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FRFHF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FRFHF has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 58.26% of graded US stocks.
- FRFHF's asset turnover comes in at 0.274 -- ranking 64th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows FRFHF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FRFHF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FRFHF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$500.23||52-week high||$575.00|
|Prev. close||$492.97||52-week low||$363.48|
|Day high||$515.55||Avg. volume||7,057|
|50-day MA||$529.13||Dividend yield||2%|
|200-day MA||$480.41||Market Cap||12.50B|
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (FRFHF) Company Bio
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides property and casualty insurance and reinsurance, and investment management services in the United States, Canada, Asia, and internationally. It insures against losses to property from fire, explosion, earthquake, windstorm, flood, boiler explosion, machinery breakdown, and construction defects, as well as underwrites automobile, commercial and personal property, and crop insurance. The company also offers workers' compensation, employer's liability, accident and health, medical malpractice, professional liability, and umbrella coverage insurance products; marine, aerospace, surety risk, and other miscellaneous risks and liabilities insurance products; and reinsurance products. In addition, it retails home improvement goods, toys and baby products, golf equipment, consumables, athletic apparel and accessories, and tableware and gifts; invests in retail and other businesses; owns and operates holiday resorts; and develops, produces, markets, and distributes television programs. Further, the company provides pet medical insurance and database, media and marketing, and integrated travel and travel-related financial services, as well as infrastructure services to industries and government; and originates, processes, and distributes pulses, food staples, and food ingredients. It operates approximately 82 toys and baby products stores in Canada. The company was formerly known as Markel Financial Holdings Limited and changed its name to Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited in 1987. Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited was incorporated in 1951 and is headquartered in Toronto, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
FRFHF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FRFHF Latest Social Stream
View Full FRFHF Social Stream
Latest FRFHF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FRFHF as an investment opportunity.
Kennedy-Wilson (KW) said Fairfax Financial (FRFHF), through its affiliates, agreed to make a $300M strategic preferred equity investment in the real estate investment firm.KW expects to…
Investment Thesis: Rising demand for Property & Casualty insurance in the face of higher inflation could be a potential growth engine for Fairfax. However, catastrophic losses and potentially higher future payouts remain risk factors. The Property & Casualty market as a whole has seen significant growth in the past few...
TORONTO, Feb. 17, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (“Fairfax”) (TSX: FFH and FFH.U) announces that today it converted C$8,264,000 principal amount of convertible debentures (the “Convertible Debentures”) of Avante Logixx Inc. (“Avante”) into 5,297,436 common shares of Avante (“Common Shares”). The Convertible Debentures were converted in accordance with their terms at a price equal to C$1.56 per Common Share. As a result of the conversion, Fairfax beneficially owns and
TORONTO, Feb. 16, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (TSX: FFH ) ("Fairfax") announces that it has acquired, through its subsidiaries, an aggregate of 5,416,000 subordinate voting shares (the "Subordinate Voting Shares") of Fairfax India Holdings Corporation (TSX: FIH ) ("Fairfax India"), representing 4.93% of the issued and outstanding Subordinate Voting Shares of Fairfax India, from two existing shareholders at a price of US$12.00 (approximately C$15.29) per Subordinate Voting Share for an aggregate purchase price of approximately US$64.9 million (approximately C$82.8 million) (the "Share Purchase"). Prior to the Share Purchase, Fairfax beneficially owned, and/or exercised control or direction over, (i) 23,030,285 Subordinate Voting Shares, representing 20.97%...
Fairfax Financial Holdings' (TSE:FFH) 1,887% YoY earnings expansion surpassed the shareholder returns over the past year
Passive investing in index funds can generate returns that roughly match the overall market. But you can significantly...
FRFHF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching FRFHFWant to see what other sources are saying about Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd (FRFHF) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd (FRFHF) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd (FRFHF) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch