Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (FRFHF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FRFHF POWR Grades
- FRFHF scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 96.47% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FRFHF is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 163 days.
- FRFHF's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 62.84% of US stocks).
FRFHF Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for FRFHF is currently 95.25, higher than 96.21% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.43% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd comes in at 112.86%, a number that bests 93.64% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to FRFHF, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SJR, GL, HFC, OGE, and VST.
- FRFHF's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd's official web site, go to www.fairfax.ca.
FRFHF Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, FRFHF's price/sales ratio is 81.25% lower, now standing at 0.6.
- Over the past 215 months, FRFHF's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.2.
- FRFHF's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 215 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FRFHF.
FRFHF Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -88.89%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 131.55%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 107.26%.
The table below shows FRFHF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FRFHF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FRFHF has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 58.26% of graded US stocks.
- FRFHF's asset turnover comes in at 0.274 -- ranking 64th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows FRFHF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FRFHF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FRFHF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$476.55||52-week high||$520.00|
|Prev. close||$471.26||52-week low||$353.99|
|Day high||$500.20||Avg. volume||9,111|
|50-day MA||$471.58||Dividend yield||2.12%|
|200-day MA||$446.90||Market Cap||11.91B|
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (FRFHF) Company Bio
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides property and casualty insurance and reinsurance, and investment management services in the United States, Canada, Asia, and internationally. It insures against losses to property from fire, explosion, earthquake, windstorm, flood, boiler explosion, machinery breakdown, and construction defects, as well as underwrites automobile, commercial and personal property, and crop insurance. The company also offers workers' compensation, employer's liability, accident and health, medical malpractice, professional liability, and umbrella coverage insurance products; marine, aerospace, surety risk, and other miscellaneous risks and liabilities insurance products; and reinsurance products. In addition, it retails home improvement goods, toys and baby products, golf equipment, consumables, athletic apparel and accessories, and tableware and gifts; invests in retail and other businesses; owns and operates holiday resorts; and develops, produces, markets, and distributes television programs. Further, the company provides pet medical insurance and database, media and marketing, and integrated travel and travel-related financial services, as well as infrastructure services to industries and government; and originates, processes, and distributes pulses, food staples, and food ingredients. It operates approximately 82 toys and baby products stores in Canada. The company was formerly known as Markel Financial Holdings Limited and changed its name to Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited in 1987. Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited was incorporated in 1951 and is headquartered in Toronto, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
FRFHF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FRFHF Latest Social Stream
View Full FRFHF Social Stream
Latest FRFHF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FRFHF as an investment opportunity.
TORONTO, Jan. 26, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (TSX: FFH and FFH.U) (“Fairfax”) announces that its annual shareholders’ meeting will be held on Thursday, April 21. At this time, Fairfax is planning for an in-person meeting which will also be webcast; if there are any updates to this plan, Fairfax will advise of those updates and provide further details on the meeting in a later announcement. Fairfax is a holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is primarily
TORONTO, Jan. 05, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (TSX: FFH and FFH.U) announces that it has declared a dividend of US$10.00 per share on its outstanding multiple voting and subordinate voting shares, payable on January 27, 2022 to shareholders of record on January 20, 2022. Applicable Canadian withholding tax will be applied to dividends payable to non-residents of Canada. Consistent with the practice of prior years, the amount of this dividend was determined taking
TORONTO, Dec. 29, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (“Fairfax” or the “Company”) (TSX: FFH and FFH.U) announces today the completion of its substantial issuer bid initially announced on November 17, 2021 (the “Offer”). Fairfax has taken up and paid for 2,000,000 subordinate voting shares (the “Shares”) at a purchase price of US$500.00 per Share (the “Purchase Price”). The Shares purchased under the Offer represent an aggregate purchase price of US$1.0 billion and repres
TORONTO, Dec. 24, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (Fairfax or the Company) (TSX: FFH and FFH.U) announced today the preliminary results of its substantial issuer bid initially announced on November 17, 2021 (the Offer), pursuant to which the Company offered to purchase for cancellation a number of its subordinate voting shares (Shares) for an aggregate purchase price not to exceed US$1.0 billion at a purchase price of not less than US$425.00 and not more than US$500.00 per Share. The Offer expired at 5:00 p.m. (Toronto time) on December 23, 2021.
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (TSE:FFH) has received a consensus rating of Buy from the seven brokerages that are currently covering the stock, MarketBeat reports. Four investment analysts have rated the stock with a buy rating. The average 1-year price objective among brokers that have updated their coverage on the stock in the last year is 
FRFHF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching FRFHFWant to see what other sources are saying about Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd (FRFHF) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd (FRFHF) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd (FRFHF) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch