Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. (FRFHF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FRFHF POWR Grades
- FRFHF scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 99.51% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FRFHF is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- FRFHF ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 56th percentile.
FRFHF Stock Summary
- FRFHF's current price/earnings ratio is 4.69, which is higher than only 8.88% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for FRFHF is currently 2.4, higher than merely 8.88% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LTD's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.48% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LTD are CNA, GL, SJR, RCI, and OGE.
- Visit FRFHF's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.fairfax.ca.
FRFHF Valuation Summary
- FRFHF's price/earnings ratio is 4.5; this is 60.53% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 232 months, FRFHF's price/earnings ratio has gone down 4.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FRFHF.
FRFHF Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 22.01%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -26.84%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 107.26%.
The table below shows FRFHF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FRFHF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FRFHF has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 58.26% of graded US stocks.
- FRFHF's asset turnover comes in at 0.274 -- ranking 64th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows FRFHF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FRFHF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FRFHF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$650.21||52-week high||$678.61|
|Prev. close||$647.27||52-week low||$439.80|
|Day high||$654.50||Avg. volume||7,124|
|50-day MA||$603.30||Dividend yield||1.54%|
|200-day MA||$534.65||Market Cap||15.99B|
Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. (FRFHF) Company Bio
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited is a Canadian financial holding company based in Toronto, Ontario, which is engaged in property, casualty, insurance and reinsurance, investment management, and insurance claims management. The company operates primarily through several subsidiaries, including Allied World, Odyssey Re, Northbridge Financial, Crum & Forster, Verassure Insurance, Onlia Agency Inc., and Zenith Insurance Company. The company was also the largest shareholder of Torstar with 40% of the Class B shares, as of May 2020. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
FRFHF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FRFHF Latest Social Stream
View Full FRFHF Social Stream
Latest FRFHF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FRFHF as an investment opportunity.
BMO Capital Markets analyst Tom MacKinnon on Monday upgraded Fairfax Financial Holdings (FRFHF) stock to Outperform from Market Perform as certain tailwinds enhance the company''s…
Investors in Fairfax Financial Holdings (TSE:FFH) have made a favorable return of 42% over the past three years
One simple way to benefit from the stock market is to buy an index fund. But if you buy good businesses at attractive...
NEW YORK, TORONTO and LONDON, Jan. 09, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Amynta Group, Brit Ltd (“Brit”), a subsidiary of Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (“Fairfax”) (TSX: FFH and FFH.U), and Fairfax today announced a strategic partnership in which Amynta will acquire Ambridge Group, the MGU operations of Brit, for $400 million and enter into a multi-year agreement for Brit to be a significant capacity partner to Ambridge. The transaction includes Ambridge in the U.S. and international units in the Un
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (TSX:FFH:CA) declares $10.00/share annual dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 1.24%Payable Jan. 26; for shareholders of record Jan.
TORONTO, Jan. 04, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (TSX: FFH and FFH.U) (“Fairfax”) announces that it has declared a dividend of US$10.00 per share on its outstanding multiple voting and subordinate voting shares, payable on January 26, 2023 to shareholders of record on January 19, 2023. Applicable Canadian withholding tax will be applied to dividends payable to non-residents of Canada. Consistent with the practice of prior years, the amount of this dividend was determ
FRFHF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching FRFHFWant to see what other sources are saying about Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd (FRFHF) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd (FRFHF) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd (FRFHF) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch