Freshpet, Inc. (FRPT): Price and Financial Metrics
FRPT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$64.87||52-week high||$84.70|
|Prev. close||$63.37||52-week low||$44.92|
|Day high||$65.02||Avg. volume||699,259|
|50-day MA||$73.20||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$65.27||Market Cap||3.13B|
FRPT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FRPT POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where FRPT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 56.74% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FRPT is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- FRPT's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 1.27% of US stocks).
FRPT Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for FRESHPET INC is higher than 98.33% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of FRESHPET INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.23% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 384.39%, FRESHPET INC's debt growth rate surpasses 96.77% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to FRESHPET INC, a group of peers worth examining would be HCSG, BWMN, WHD, AIR, and PCYO.
- FRPT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit FRESHPET INC's official web site, go to www.freshpet.com.
FRPT Valuation Summary
- FRPT's price/sales ratio is 4.6; this is 411.11% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 108 months, FRPT's price/sales ratio has gone down 5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FRPT.
FRPT Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -257.36%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 35.7%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -52.73%.
The table below shows FRPT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FRPT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FRPT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 28.71% of graded US stocks.
- FRPT's asset turnover comes in at 0.613 -- ranking 37th of 59 Food Products stocks.
- LW, JJSF, and SENEA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FRPT.
The table below shows FRPT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Freshpet, Inc. (FRPT) Company Bio
Freshpet Inc. manufactures and markets natural fresh foods, refrigerated meals, and treats for dogs and cats in the United States and Canada. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Secaucus, New Jersey.
FRPT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FRPT Latest Social Stream
View Full FRPT Social Stream
Latest FRPT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FRESHPET INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FRPT as an investment opportunity.
Unraveling the complexities of Freshpet's valuation and potential risks for value investors
Freshpet, Inc. ( NASDAQ:FRPT ) is possibly approaching a major achievement in its business, so we would like to shine...
In this article, we take a look at the 20 most popular pets in the US. You can skip our detailed analysis of the pet industry and go directly to the 5 Most Popular Pets in the US. Popularity of Pets in the US According to an APPA survey, pets are a vital part of […]
SECAUCUS, N.J., Aug. 29, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Freshpet, Inc. (“Freshpet” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ:FRPT) today announced that members of the executive management team will participate in the Piper Sandler Growth Frontiers Conference in Nashville, TN. The presentation will be on Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. ET and can be accessed over the Internet and hosted on the "Investors" section of the Company's website at www.freshpet.com. About FreshpetFreshpet’s mission is to improve the
Pet food company Freshpet Inc said on Monday it has reached an agreement with Jana Partners and appointed Timothy McLevish, one of the activist investor's director nominees, to its board. The agreement draws to a close a proxy fight with Jana Partners after it disclosed a nearly 10% stake in Freshpet in September and urged the company to consider selling itself. Shares of Freshpet, which have more than doubled since September last year, were up about 1% in early trade on Monday.
FRPT Price Returns