Freshpet, Inc. (FRPT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FRPT POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where FRPT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 62.77% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FRPT is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 178 days.
- FRPT's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 1.92% of US stocks).
FRPT Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of FRESHPET INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.09% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For FRPT, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by only 7.24% of US equities we're observing.
- FRPT's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of just 10.51% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to FRESHPET INC are PPSI, AMSF, GIFI, SGA, and TMST.
- Visit FRPT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.freshpet.com.
FRPT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, FRPT's price/sales ratio is 184.21% higher, now standing at 5.4.
- FRPT's price/earnings ratio has moved down 24.4 over the prior 101 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FRPT.
FRPT Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -257.36%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 35.7%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -52.73%.
The table below shows FRPT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FRPT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FRPT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 28.71% of graded US stocks.
- FRPT's asset turnover comes in at 0.613 -- ranking 37th of 59 Food Products stocks.
- LW, JJSF, and SENEA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FRPT.
The table below shows FRPT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FRPT Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of FRPT, see our FRPT price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$164.77||Average Broker Recommendation||1.47 (Moderate Buy)|
FRPT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FRPT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$61.82||52-week high||$118.77|
|Prev. close||$61.38||52-week low||$36.02|
|Day high||$62.24||Avg. volume||823,857|
|50-day MA||$61.96||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$55.89||Market Cap||2.97B|
Freshpet, Inc. (FRPT) Company Bio
Freshpet Inc. manufactures and markets natural fresh foods, refrigerated meals, and treats for dogs and cats in the United States and Canada. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Secaucus, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
FRPT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FRPT Latest Social Stream
View Full FRPT Social Stream
Latest FRPT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FRESHPET INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FRPT as an investment opportunity.
Freshpet, Inc. Closes $402.5 Million Convertible Senior Notes Offering
Proceeds from the offering strengthen balance sheet to support the Company’s Fresh Future growth plan Convertible security provides significantly reduced interest costs, as compared to alternative debt structures, and greater flexibility with no covenants, no amortization and a five-year maturity Company purchased a capped call hedge to increased its effective conversion premium to 120% so there is no dilution to existing shareholders until the stock exceeds $120.23 per share Company retains the
Freshpet (FRPT) Soars 6.6%: Is Further Upside Left in the Stock?
Freshpet (FRPT) witnessed a jump in share price last session on above-average trading volume. The latest trend in earnings estimate revisions for the stock doesn't suggest further strength down the road.
Freshpet Raises $340M Via Debt Offering
Freshpet Inc (NASDAQ: FRPT) has priced its offering of $350 million aggregate principal amount of 3.00% convertible senior notes due 2028. The issuance and sale of the notes are scheduled to settle on March 20, 2023. Freshpet also granted the initial purchasers of the notes an option to purchase, for settlement within a period of 13 days from the date of issue, up to an additional $52.5 million principal amount of notes. The notes will be senior, unsecured obligations of Freshpet and will accrue
Freshpet, Inc. Prices $350 Million Convertible Senior Notes Offering
SECAUCUS, N.J., March 15, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Freshpet, Inc. (Nasdaq: FRPT) (“Freshpet” or the “Company”) today announced the pricing of its offering of $350,000,000 aggregate principal amount of 3.00% convertible senior notes due 2028 (the “notes”) in a private offering to qualified institutional buyers pursuant to Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”). The issuance and sale of the notes are scheduled to settle on March 20, 2023, subject to customary
UPDATE 1-Freshpet tumbles as Jana Partners calls company's capital raise plan 'ill-conceived'
Shares of Freshpet Inc fell as much as 19% on Wednesday after activist investment firm Jana Partners LLC said the pet food maker's recent plan to raise capital was "ill-conceived". Freshpet on Tuesday had announced its intention to offer privately $350 million of convertible senior notes due 2028, which the company will use for general purposes. "We are astonished that Freshpet's board has elected to initiate a large equity-linked capital raise in a fragile market reeling from a systemic crisis in the banking system," said Jana Partners in a statement.
FRPT Price Returns
Continue Researching FRPTHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Freshpet Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Freshpet Inc (FRPT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Freshpet Inc (FRPT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Freshpet Inc (FRPT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...