Fortinet, Inc. (FTNT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FTNT POWR Grades
- FTNT scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 96.93% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FTNT is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 199 days.
- FTNT ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
FTNT Stock Summary
- FTNT has a higher market value than 92.34% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $33,726,728,315.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 285.34, Fortinet Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 87% of US stocks.
- FTNT's current price/earnings ratio is 68.91, which is higher than 85.8% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to FTNT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CDNS, DXCM, SNPS, MXIM, and ANSS.
- FTNT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Fortinet Inc's official web site, go to www.fortinet.com.
FTNT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FTNT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$211.77||52-week high||$212.67|
|Prev. close||$206.51||52-week low||$106.75|
|Day high||$212.67||Avg. volume||1,234,845|
|50-day MA||$189.57||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$147.51||Market Cap||34.59B|
Fortinet, Inc. (FTNT) Company Bio
Fortinet Inc. provides cyber security solutions for enterprises, service providers, and government organizations worldwide. The Company's network security solution consists of FortiGate physical and virtual appliance products that provide an array of integrated security and networking functions to protect data, applications and users from network-and content-level security threats. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Sunnyvale, California.
FTNT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Fortinet Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Fortinet Inc ranked in the 43th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Fortinet Inc ended up being:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 2,706.5 -- which is good for besting 98.56% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Technology sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 3% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than just 13.65% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- FTNT's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 47.88% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
FTNT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FTNT Latest Social Stream
View Full FTNT Social Stream
Latest FTNT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Fortinet Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FTNT as an investment opportunity.
On CNBC's "Fast Money Halftime Report," Stephanie Link said she would not chase Fortinet Inc (NASDAQ: FTNT) because it is up 39% year-to-date. She would wait for a bad day to pick some up. Josh Brown advised a viewer to own more than one stock in the real estate sector. Besides Simon Property Group Inc (NYSE: SPG), Invitation Homes Inc (NYSE: INVH) and Store Capital Corp (NYSE: STOR), Brown would consider buying Vanguard Real Estate Index Fund ETF (NYSE: VNQ). Jon Najarian said that Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (Btc) (OTC: GBTC) is a great proxy for Bitcoin when it's less than the price of Bitcoin. When it's at the price of Bitcoin, he would own Riot Blockchain Inc (NASDAQ: RIOT) and Marathon Digital Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: MARA). See also: Best Video Game Stocks See more from BenzingaClick he...
Robert W. Baird Stick to Their Hold Rating for Fortinet
Fortinet shows rising price performance, earning an upgrade to its IBD Relative Strength Rating from 79 to 84.
Fortinet saw an improvement in its IBD SmartSelect Composite Rating Monday, from 94 to 96. Fortinet is now out of buy range after clearing the 152.05 buy point in a cup without handle. The revised score means Fortinet currently tops 96% of all other stocks in terms of key performance metrics and technical strength.
Leading cybersecurity company Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) put up some impressive numbers to kick off 2021. As the economy slowly finds its feet again, the company is discovering plenty of new outlets for its diversified security services, including in 5G, edge computing, and data centers. Share prices are up 35% so far this year alone, so Fortinet is no longer the undervalued and underappreciated stock it was last year.
FTNT Price Returns