Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (The) (GBX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GBX POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where GBX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 78.19% of US stocks.
- GBX's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- GBX ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
GBX Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of GREENBRIER COMPANIES INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.1% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For GBX, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 89.7% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, GREENBRIER COMPANIES INC is reporting a growth rate of 244.62%; that's higher than 93.33% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to GREENBRIER COMPANIES INC are GLDD, RBA, MTG, TRS, and SHO.
- GBX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GREENBRIER COMPANIES INC's official web site, go to www.gbrx.com.
GBX Valuation Summary
- GBX's price/earnings ratio is 26.8; this is 31.37% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, GBX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 34.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GBX.
GBX Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -26.38%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -2030.77%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 770.18%.
The table below shows GBX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GBX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GBX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 31.36% of graded US stocks.
- GBX's asset turnover comes in at 0.55 -- ranking 8th of 10 Shipbuilding Railroad Equipment stocks.
- TRN, GD, and RAIL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GBX.
The table below shows GBX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GBX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GBX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$35.53||52-week high||$53.46|
|Prev. close||$35.54||52-week low||$23.80|
|Day high||$35.68||Avg. volume||366,804|
|50-day MA||$32.29||Dividend yield||3.04%|
|200-day MA||$36.92||Market Cap||1.16B|
Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (The) (GBX) Company Bio
The Greenbrier Companies designs, manufactures, and markets railroad freight car equipment in North America and Europe. The company was founded in 1974 and is based in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
Most Popular Stories View All
GBX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GBX Latest Social Stream
View Full GBX Social Stream
Latest GBX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GREENBRIER COMPANIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GBX as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss the best railroad stocks to invest in. If you want to skip our comprehensive analysis, you can see the 5 best railroad stocks here. Railroad stocks fueled one of the earliest major investment booms in American history. Railroads are still an important aspect of the economy more than a century […]
The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (NYSE:GBX) will be presenting on Wednesday, November 16, 2022, at the 2022 Stephens Investment Conference to be held in Nashville, Tennessee.
If you are looking for stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices, Greenbrier (GBX) could be a great choice. It is one of the several stocks that passed through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen.
The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (NYSE:GBX) released its 2022 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report, On Track Together, today. The report summarizes the Company's global sustainability initiatives and performance from the 2022 fiscal year.
The board of The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. ( NYSE:GBX ) has announced that it will pay a dividend on the 29th of...
GBX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GBXWant to see what other sources are saying about Greenbrier Companies Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch