Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (The) (GBX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GBX POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where GBX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 63.59% of US stocks.
- GBX's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 48 weeks.
- GBX ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
GBX Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 2,340.72, Greenbrier Companies Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 99.81% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Greenbrier Companies Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 96.96% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Greenbrier Companies Inc comes in at -41.85%, a number that bests merely 6.15% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Greenbrier Companies Inc are FMX, OPRX, NUVA, CPIX, and SSTI.
- Visit GBX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gbrx.com.
GBX Valuation Summary
- GBX's price/earnings ratio is 2434.5; this is 9035.08% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, GBX's price/earnings ratio has gone up 2418.2.
- GBX's price/earnings ratio has moved up 2418.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GBX.
GBX Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -38.97%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 4086.41%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -55.84%.
The table below shows GBX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GBX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GBX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 41.28% of graded US stocks.
- GBX's asset turnover comes in at 0.572 -- ranking 8th of 10 Shipbuilding Railroad Equipment stocks.
- TRN, WAB, and GD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GBX.
The table below shows GBX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GBX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GBX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$42.96||52-week high||$50.21|
|Prev. close||$43.16||52-week low||$26.01|
|Day high||$43.59||Avg. volume||364,853|
|50-day MA||$43.22||Dividend yield||2.5%|
|200-day MA||$43.40||Market Cap||1.39B|
Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (The) (GBX) Company Bio
The Greenbrier Companies designs, manufactures, and markets railroad freight car equipment in North America and Europe. The company was founded in 1974 and is based in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
Most Popular Stories View All
GBX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GBX Latest Social Stream
View Full GBX Social Stream
Latest GBX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Greenbrier Companies Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GBX as an investment opportunity.
A nearly fivefold increase in steel prices is driving railcar owners to scrap older railcars, a trend that could continue into 2022, according to railcar manufacturer Greenbrier. Jay Carter, strategic marketing manager for Greenbrier (NYSE: GBX) estimates that steel prices have risen in recent months from $400 per short ton to $1,900, prompting railcar owners to scrap outdated equipment to take advantage of higher scrap metal pricing. The metal can be recycled to manufacture steel, either domest
With improved equipment and lease demand, and low interest rates favoring the Zacks Transportation - Equipment and Leasing industry's near-term prospects, R, HRI, GATX and GBX are expected to capitalize on it.
Greenbrier Companies (The with ticker code (GBX) now have 5 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 56 and 47 calculating the average target price we see 52.2. Given that the stocks previous close was at 41.35 this now indicates there is a potential upside of 26.2%. There is a 50 day moving average of 43.66 and the 200 moving average now moves to 45.05. The company has a market cap of $1,325m. Visit the company website at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="GBX" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] The Greenbrier Companies designs, manufactures, and markets railroad freight car equipment in North America, Europe, and South America. It operates through three segments: Manufac...
The railroad industry is one of the major components of the transportation sector and is closely tied to the economy's growth. Railroad companies operate vast networks that transport agricultural products, packaged foods, commodities, electronics, and other goods to companies and consumers.
Greenbrier (GBX) might move higher on growing optimism about its earnings prospects, which is reflected by its upgrade to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy).
GBX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GBXWant to see what other sources are saying about Greenbrier Companies Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch