Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (The) (GBX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GBX POWR Grades
- GBX scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 71.56% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GBX is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- GBX's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 12.5% of US stocks).
GBX Stock Summary
- GBX's current price/earnings ratio is 51.27, which is higher than 89.31% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of GREENBRIER COMPANIES INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.26% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.31, GREENBRIER COMPANIES INC has a higher such ratio than only 10.73% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GBX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CRS, USAP, RILY, HLX, and AZZ.
- GBX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GREENBRIER COMPANIES INC's official web site, go to www.gbrx.com.
GBX Valuation Summary
- GBX's price/sales ratio is 0.3; this is 72.73% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, GBX's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GBX.
GBX Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -102.95%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 237.6%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 4.83%.
The table below shows GBX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GBX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GBX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 31.36% of graded US stocks.
- GBX's asset turnover comes in at 0.55 -- ranking 8th of 10 Shipbuilding Railroad Equipment stocks.
- TRN, GD, and RAIL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GBX.
The table below shows GBX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GBX Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of GBX, see our GBX price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$52.20||Average Broker Recommendation||1.58 (Moderate Buy)|
GBX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GBX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$31.24||52-week high||$53.46|
|Prev. close||$30.99||52-week low||$23.80|
|Day high||$31.30||Avg. volume||370,088|
|50-day MA||$29.94||Dividend yield||3.48%|
|200-day MA||$31.74||Market Cap||1.02B|
Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (The) (GBX) Company Bio
The Greenbrier Companies designs, manufactures, and markets railroad freight car equipment in North America and Europe. The company was founded in 1974 and is based in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
Most Popular Stories View All
GBX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GBX Latest Social Stream
View Full GBX Social Stream
Latest GBX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GREENBRIER COMPANIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GBX as an investment opportunity.
Why Greenbrier Shares Are Up Big This Week
Railcar manufacturer Greenbrier Cos (NYSE: GBX) pre-announced its quarterly results and said it received orders for 4,500 new cars during the period. Investors are excited, sending Greenbrier shares up more than 10% for the week, according to data provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Greenbrier isn't expected to release results from its fiscal second quarter ended Feb. 28 until April, but the company this week provided an update that gave investors reasons to cheer.
Herc Holdings (HRI) Moves 6.0% Higher: Will This Strength Last?
Herc Holdings (HRI) witnessed a jump in share price last session on above-average trading volume. The latest trend in earnings estimate revisions for the stock doesn't suggest further strength down the road.
Greenbrier announces new railcar orders and preliminary results for fiscal second quarter
The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (NYSE: GBX) today announced that it had received orders for 4,500 new railcars with an aggregate value of $580 million during its fiscal second quarter ended on February 28, 2023. Orders for the quarter included tank cars, automobile-carrying railcars, boxcars and covered hopper cars, and were consistent with Greenbrier's expectations for the period.
Pulling back 11% this week, Greenbrier Companies' NYSE:GBX) three-year decline in earnings may be coming into investors focus
While The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. ( NYSE:GBX ) shareholders are probably generally happy, the stock hasn't had...
Greenbrier to host Investor Day in April
The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (NYSE: GBX) will host an Investor Day on Wednesday, April 12, 2023 in New York, NY. During the event, Lorie L. Tekorius, Greenbrier's Chief Executive Officer and President, and other executives will address the company's business strategy, leading market position and unique value proposition, as well as outline its future growth plans.
GBX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GBXWant to see what other sources are saying about Greenbrier Companies Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...