Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (The) (GBX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GBX POWR Grades
- GBX scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 91.73% of US stocks.
- GBX's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- GBX ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
GBX Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Greenbrier Companies Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.94% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Greenbrier Companies Inc is higher than it is for about 87.55% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that GBX's revenue has grown -21.85% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 6.83% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GBX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HRI, SLGN, TTI, CRS, and R.
- GBX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Greenbrier Companies Inc's official web site, go to www.gbrx.com.
GBX Valuation Summary
- GBX's price/earnings ratio is 2434.5; this is 9035.08% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, GBX's price/earnings ratio has gone up 2418.2.
- GBX's price/earnings ratio has moved up 2418.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GBX.
GBX Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -39.55%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -102.23%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 173.81%.
The table below shows GBX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GBX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GBX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 31.36% of graded US stocks.
- GBX's asset turnover comes in at 0.55 -- ranking 8th of 10 Shipbuilding Railroad Equipment stocks.
- TRN, GD, and RAIL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GBX.
The table below shows GBX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GBX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GBX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.40||52-week high||$53.46|
|Prev. close||$32.95||52-week low||$28.01|
|Day high||$33.53||Avg. volume||390,551|
|50-day MA||$34.09||Dividend yield||3.28%|
|200-day MA||$41.36||Market Cap||1.09B|
Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (The) (GBX) Company Bio
The Greenbrier Companies designs, manufactures, and markets railroad freight car equipment in North America and Europe. The company was founded in 1974 and is based in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
Most Popular Stories View All
GBX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GBX Latest Social Stream
View Full GBX Social Stream
Latest GBX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Greenbrier Companies Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GBX as an investment opportunity.
Greenbrier Companies (GBX) closed the most recent trading day at $43.40, moving +1.83% from the previous trading session.
In the latest trading session, Greenbrier Companies (GBX) closed at $43.25, marking a +0.25% move from the previous day.
The Longwood Group, LLC ("Longwood"), a Chicago-based asset management and advisory services firm, today announced its inaugural railcar asset-backed securitization and long-term financing for GBX Leasing, a special purpose subsidiary and joint venture between Longwood and The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (NYSE:GBX, "Greenbrier"), a leading international supplier of equipment and services to global freight transportation markets. The financing ("GBXL 2022"), which offered in aggregate $323 million
Greenbrier Companies (GBX) closed the most recent trading day at $42.10, moving -0.92% from the previous trading session.
The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (NYSE: GBX) ("Greenbrier"), a leading international supplier of equipment and services to global freight transportation markets, today announced the completion of its first offering of railcar asset-backed securities ("ABS") and long-term financing for GBX Leasing ("GBXL"), a joint venture between Greenbrier and The Longwood Group.
GBX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GBXWant to see what other sources are saying about Greenbrier Companies Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch