Green Dot Corp. (GDOT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GDOT POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where GDOT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 82.12% of US stocks.
- GDOT's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 198 days.
- GDOT ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
GDOT Stock Summary
- GDOT's current price/earnings ratio is 106.04, which is higher than 91.39% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- For GDOT, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by only 6.51% of US equities we're observing.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -63.83%, Green Dot Corp's debt growth rate surpasses just 4.95% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GDOT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LAWS, CSPI, FSS, CRTO, and SMED.
- Visit GDOT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.greendot.com.
GDOT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GDOT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$44.51||52-week high||$64.97|
|Prev. close||$45.29||52-week low||$28.58|
|Day high||$46.05||Avg. volume||569,036|
|50-day MA||$47.09||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$52.67||Market Cap||2.41B|
Green Dot Corp. (GDOT) Company Bio
Green Dot Corp. operates as a financial technology leader and bank holding company, which engages in the provision of prepaid cards, debit cards, checking accounts, secured credit cards, payroll debit cards, consumer cash processing services, wage disbursements, and tax refund processing services. It operates through the following segments: Account Services; and Processing and Settlement Services. The Account Services segment offers deposit account programs that can be acquired through omni-channel distribution platform. The Processing and Settlement Services segment comprises of products and services that specialize in facilitating the movement of funds on behalf of consumers and businesses. The company was founded by Steven W. Streit in October 1, 1999 and is headquartered in Pasadena, CA.
GDOT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for GDOT, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Green Dot Corp ranked in the 38th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Green Dot Corp, consider:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 99. Its equity weight surpasses that of 94.74% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Financial Services sector.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 1% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 7.59% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- GDOT's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 52.69% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GDOT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GDOT Latest Social Stream
View Full GDOT Social Stream
Latest GDOT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Green Dot Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GDOT as an investment opportunity.
Green Dot (GDOT) is said to have cancelled from a Deutsche Bank financial services and fintech conference in June.The virtual conference, the Deutsche Bank 11th Annual Global Financial Services Conference, was scheduled for June 1 and June, according to a copy of the agenda. The cancellation notice came out yesterday.Green...
Green Dot Corporation (NYSE: GDOT) will host a conference call and earnings webcast to discuss first quarter 2021 financial results on Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 5:00pm ET. A press release with first quarter 2021 financial results will be issued after the market closes that same day. The live webcast of the call can be accessed from Green Dot’s investor relations website at http://ir.greendot.com/. A replay will be available at the same website following the call.
Craig-Hallum prognosticator Bradley Berning feels that the company's "boring" operations in particular are significantly undervalued.
Jefferies Stick to Their Hold Rating for Green Dot
Stocks in the financial sector have outperformed the S&P 500 -- and most other sectors -- in 2021, led by the resurgence of traditional banks. The company's stock price soared 139% last year, but this year it's down about 17% at Friday's prices, while the average financial sector stock is up 19%. Green Dot is primarily known as one of the largest issuers of prepaid debit cards, as well as reloadable cards, which often serve as an alternative to banks that allow users to make purchases, make deposits, pay bills, etc. But the company also provides traditional banking services through its online, FDIC-insured bank.
GDOT Price Returns