Green Dot Corp. (GDOT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GDOT POWR Grades
- GDOT scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 81.14% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GDOT is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- GDOT's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 5.02% of US stocks).
GDOT Stock Summary
- GDOT's current price/earnings ratio is 1,245.34, which is higher than 99.26% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- For GDOT, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by just 6.68% of US equities we're observing.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -82.27%, Green Dot Corp's debt growth rate surpasses merely 2.85% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Green Dot Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be ANGI, IIN, SU, CALM, and ACC.
- GDOT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Green Dot Corp's official web site, go to www.greendot.com.
GDOT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, GDOT's price/earnings ratio is 10187.6% higher, now standing at 1244.8.
- Over the past 134 months, GDOT's price/earnings ratio has gone up 1111.6.
- GDOT's price/earnings ratio has moved up 1111.6 over the prior 134 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GDOT.
GDOT Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 62.5%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 93.63%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 73.45%.
The table below shows GDOT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GDOT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GDOT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$46.07||52-week high||$64.97|
|Prev. close||$46.59||52-week low||$38.95|
|Day high||$47.09||Avg. volume||515,275|
|50-day MA||$45.28||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$50.21||Market Cap||2.51B|
Green Dot Corp. (GDOT) Company Bio
Green Dot Corp. operates as a financial technology leader and bank holding company, which engages in the provision of prepaid cards, debit cards, checking accounts, secured credit cards, payroll debit cards, consumer cash processing services, wage disbursements, and tax refund processing services. It operates through the following segments: Account Services; and Processing and Settlement Services. The Account Services segment offers deposit account programs that can be acquired through omni-channel distribution platform. The Processing and Settlement Services segment comprises of products and services that specialize in facilitating the movement of funds on behalf of consumers and businesses. The company was founded by Steven W. Streit in October 1, 1999 and is headquartered in Pasadena, CA.
GDOT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Green Dot Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Green Dot Corp ranked in the 32th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Green Dot Corp, consider:
- 99% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than 92.66% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 1% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than just 7.3% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 10. This value is greater than 81.43% stocks in the Financial Services sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GDOT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GDOT Latest Social Stream
View Full GDOT Social Stream
Latest GDOT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Green Dot Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GDOT as an investment opportunity.
Green Dot (GDOT) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
GO2bank Partners with Experian® to Offer Free Credit Features to Help Customers Quickly and Easily Build and Improve Their Credit, and Protect Their Identity
PASADENA, Calif., July 21, 2021--Green Dot is partnering with Experian to introduce new credit features to help customers safely access and improve their credit on GO2bank.
Finicity and Green Dot Announce Secure Data Access Agreement to Deliver More Accessible, Seamless and Secure Money Management to Customers
PASADENA, Calif., July 21, 2021--Finicity, a Mastercard company, has signed a data access agreement with Green Dot, a fintech that seamlessly connects people to their money.
PASADENA, Calif., July 19, 2021--Green Dot Corporation (NYSE: GDOT) will host a conference call and earnings webcast to discuss second quarter 2021 financial results on Tuesday, August 3, 2021 at 5:00pm ET. A press release with second quarter 2021 financial results will be issued after the market closes that same day. The live webcast of the call can be accessed from Green Dot’s investor relations website at http://ir.greendot.com/. A replay will be available at the same website following the ca
At Insider Monkey, we pore over the filings of nearly 866 top investment firms every quarter, a process we have now completed for the latest reporting period. The data we’ve gathered as a result gives us access to a wealth of collective knowledge based on these firms’ portfolio holdings as of March 31st. In this […]
GDOT Price Returns