Great Elm Capital Corporation (GECC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GECC POWR Grades
- GECC scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 77.62% of US stocks.
- GECC's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 51 weeks.
- GECC ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 0th percentile.
GECC Stock Summary
- For GECC, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 98.37% of US equities we're observing.
- The volatility of Great Elm Capital Corp's share price is greater than that of only 7.39% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for GECC comes in at -89.41% -- higher than that of just 2.72% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GECC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HRZN, SAR, TCI, VICI, and SAFE.
- Visit GECC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.greatelmcc.com.
GECC Valuation Summary
- GECC's EV/EBIT ratio is 8.5; this is 1.16% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 53 months, GECC's price/sales ratio has gone down 20.7.
- GECC's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 14.8 over the prior 53 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GECC.
GECC Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 365.68%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 39.07%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -65.8%.
The table below shows GECC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GECC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GECC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 34.86% of graded US stocks.
- GECC's asset turnover comes in at 0.071 -- ranking 529th of 560 Business Services stocks.
- RPD, SNAP, and AMSWA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GECC.
The table below shows GECC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GECC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GECC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.50||52-week high||$4.12|
|Prev. close||$3.49||52-week low||$2.50|
|Day high||$3.54||Avg. volume||177,959|
|50-day MA||$3.48||Dividend yield||11.43%|
|200-day MA||$3.41||Market Cap||82.28M|
Great Elm Capital Corporation (GECC) Company Bio
Great Elm Capital Corporation is a business development company which specializes in loan and mezzanine, middle market investments. The fund prefers to invest in media, commercial services and supplies, healthcare, telecommunication services, communications equipment. It typically makes equity investments between $3 million and $10 million in companies with revenues between $3 million and $75 million.
Most Popular Stories View All
GECC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GECC Latest Social Stream
View Full GECC Social Stream
Latest GECC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Great Elm Capital Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GECC as an investment opportunity.
WALTHAM, Mass., Sept. 20, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Great Elm Capital Corp. (we, us, our, or GECC,) (NASDAQ: GECC), a business development company, today announced that it has acquired a majority equity interest in Lenders Funding, LLC (Lenders Funding) a private funding and risk sharing source for factors and asset-based lenders.
Great Elm Capital Corp. Announces Record and Payment Dates For Third Quarter 2021 Quarterly Cash Distribution of $0.10 Per Share
WALTHAM, Mass., Aug. 23, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Great Elm Capital Corp. (we, us, our, or GECC,) (NASDAQ: GECC), a business development company, today announced that its third quarter 2021 distribution of $0.10 per share in cash is payable on September 30, 2021 to stockholders of record as of September 15, 2021.
Great Elm Capital (GECC) has been upgraded to a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy), reflecting growing optimism about the company's earnings prospects. This might drive the stock higher in the near term.
Shares of Great Elm Capital (NASDAQ:GECC) rose 3.1% in pre-market trading after the company reported Q2 results. Quarterly Results Earnings per share increased 0.00% over the past year to $0.09, which beat the estimate of $0.07. Revenue of $6,233,000 higher by 30.73% year over year, which beat the estimate of $6,000,000. Looking Ahead Earnings guidance Read More » Recap: Great Elm Capital Q2 Earnings The post Recap: Great Elm Capital Q2 Earnings appeared on Stocks News Feed .
Company to Host Quarterly Conference Call at 11:00 AM ET Today Company to Host Quarterly Conference Call at 11:00 AM ET Today
GECC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GECCHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Great Elm Capital Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Great Elm Capital Corp (GECC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Great Elm Capital Corp (GECC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Great Elm Capital Corp (GECC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch