Greif Inc. (GEF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GEF POWR Grades
- GEF scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 82.15% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GEF is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 201 days.
- GEF ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 45th percentile.
GEF Stock Summary
- Greif Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 88.62% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.68, Greif Inc has a higher such ratio than just 13.46% of stocks in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for GEF comes in at 14.71% -- higher than that of 85.64% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Greif Inc are PPC, POR, BRFS, UGP, and GPK.
- Visit GEF's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.greif.com.
GEF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GEF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$61.44||52-week high||$66.03|
|Prev. close||$63.44||52-week low||$26.50|
|Day high||$63.70||Avg. volume||170,183|
|50-day MA||$58.89||Dividend yield||2.77%|
|200-day MA||$47.55||Market Cap||2.98B|
Greif Inc. (GEF) Company Bio
Greif Inc. produces steel, plastic, fibre, flexible, corrugated, multiwall and reconditioned containers, intermediate bulk containers, containerboard and packaging accessories, and provides blending, filling, packaging and industrial packaging reconditioning services for a wide range of industries. The company was founded in 1877 and is based in Delaware, Ohio.
GEF Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for GEF, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Greif Inc ranked in the 81th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 330.83%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Greif Inc ended up being:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Greif Inc over the past 5.48 years is 0.41%; that's better than 76.23% of cash flow producing equities in the Consumer Cyclical sector, where it is classified.
- 52% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 17.95% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 48% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than 82.01% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GEF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GEF Latest Social Stream
View Full GEF Social Stream
Latest GEF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Greif Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GEF as an investment opportunity.
Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B), a global leader in industrial packaging products and services, announced today it will report the company's 2021 second quarter financial results after the market closes on Wednesday, June 9, 2021. A conference call will be held on Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. ET.
Greif Releases 2020 Sustainability Report Highlighting Environmental, Social and Governance priorities and progress
Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) a global leader in industrial packaging products and services, announced today the release of its online 2020 Sustainability Report describing the Company's efforts to advance its environmental, social and governance (ESG) priorities. This is Greif's 12th consecutive annual publication and details the Company's continued commitment to creating shared value for customers, stakeholders and the environment.
Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B), a global leader in industrial packaging products and services, today announced that it has completed its previously announced sale of 69,200 acres of timberlands in southwest Alabama to Weyerhaeuser Company (NYSE: WY) for approximately $149 million in cash.
Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B), a global leader in industrial packaging products and services, today announced it has set a new goal to reduce its absolute Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions 28% by 2030. This target aligns to the prevailing climate science limit of keeping global warming to well below 2 degrees Celsius. The Company will also further investigate its Scope 3 GHG emissions and make a determination about pursuing a net-zero carbon aspiration by the end of 2023. Greif's new goal builds upon the Company's near 15-year commitment to sustainability and an 11% emissions reduction per unit of production achieved in 2019.
In this article we are going to estimate the intrinsic value of Greif, Inc. ( NYSE:GEF ) by taking the expected future...
GEF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|