Greif Inc. (GEF): Price and Financial Metrics
GEF Stock Summary
- Greif Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 88.07% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.56, Greif Inc has a higher such ratio than only 11.76% of stocks in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for GEF comes in at 17.8% -- higher than that of 89.86% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Greif Inc are GPK, UGP, HSC, VHI, and UFAB.
- GEF's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Greif Inc's official web site, go to www.greif.com.
GEF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GEF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$52.76||52-week high||$53.34|
|Prev. close||$52.43||52-week low||$23.65|
|Day high||$53.34||Avg. volume||177,638|
|50-day MA||$48.50||Dividend yield||3.36%|
|200-day MA||$41.72||Market Cap||2.56B|
Greif Inc. (GEF) Company Bio
Greif Inc. produces steel, plastic, fibre, flexible, corrugated, multiwall and reconditioned containers, intermediate bulk containers, containerboard and packaging accessories, and provides blending, filling, packaging and industrial packaging reconditioning services for a wide range of industries. The company was founded in 1877 and is based in Delaware, Ohio.
GEF Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for GEF, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Greif Inc ranked in the 83th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Greif Inc ended up being:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Greif Inc over the past 5.73 years is 0.39%; that's higher than 76.1% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Consumer Cyclical sector.
- 47% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 16.26% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 53% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than 83.7% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GEF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GEF Latest Social Stream
View Full GEF Social Stream
Latest GEF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Greif Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GEF as an investment opportunity.
Every investor in Greif, Inc. ( NYSE:GEF ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder groups. Institutions often...
SEATTLE, Feb. 25, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Weyerhaeuser Company (NYSE: WY) today announced an agreement to purchase 69,200 acres of high-quality Alabama timberlands from Soterra, a subsidiary of Greif, Inc., for approximately $149 million. The acquisition is comprised of highly productive…
/PRNewswire/ -- Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B), a global leader in industrial packaging products and services, today announced an agreement to sell 69,200…
DELAWARE, Ohio, Feb. 24, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B), a global leader in industrial packaging products and services, today announced first quarter 2021 results. First Quarter Financial Highlights include (all results compared to the first quarter of 2020 unless…
Shares of Greif (NYSE:GEF) moved lower in after-market trading after the company reported Q1 results. Quarterly Results Earnings per share fell 4.69% year over year to $0.61, which beat the estimate of $0.54. Revenue of $1,147,000,000 higher by 3.15% year over year, which beat the estimate of $1,120,000,000. Guidance Q2 EPS expected between $0.96 and $1.06. Greif hasn't issued any revenue guidance for the time being. How To Listen To The Conference Call Date: Feb 24, 2021 View more earnings on GEF Time: 08:30 AM ET Webcast URL: https://event.on24.com/eventRegistration/EventLobbyServlet?target=reg20.jsp&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Ffinance.yahoo.com%2Fnews%2Fgreif-inc-announces-2021-first-213000615.html&eventid=2948014&sessionid=1&key=70C2B750D199E8D99134D70825D3FA1D®Tag=&V2=false&sourcepag...
GEF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GEFHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Greif Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!