Geron Corporation (GERN): Price and Financial Metrics
GERN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$2.07||52-week high||$3.84|
|Prev. close||$2.09||52-week low||$1.68|
|Day high||$2.10||Avg. volume||6,553,975|
|50-day MA||$1.89||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.53||Market Cap||1.12B|
GERN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GERN POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where GERN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 35.53% of US stocks.
- GERN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- GERN's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 6.48% of US stocks).
GERN Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for GERN is 0 -- better than just 8.38% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 3,409.14, GERON CORP has a higher such ratio than 99.85% of stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that GERN's revenue has grown -79.32% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 2.25% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to GERON CORP are GSIT, BCDA, VTGN, INO, and CBAY.
- Visit GERN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.geron.com.
GERN Valuation Summary
- GERN's price/sales ratio is 3443.5; this is 90518.42% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, GERN's price/sales ratio has gone up 3089.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GERN.
GERN Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -168.47%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 307.99%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 203.08%.
The table below shows GERN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GERN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GERN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 52.18% of graded US stocks.
- GERN's asset turnover comes in at 0.002 -- ranking 426th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- NSTG, NEOG, and CLVS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GERN.
The table below shows GERN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Geron Corporation (GERN) Company Bio
Geron Corporation focuses on the development of telomerase inhibitor, imetelstat, for treating hematologic myeloid malignancies. The company was founded in 1990 and is based in Menlo Park, California.
GERN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GERN Latest Social Stream
View Full GERN Social Stream
Latest GERN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GERON CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GERN as an investment opportunity.
Geron Announces Fifty Percent Enrollment in the Phase 3 IMpactMF Clinical Trial Evaluating Imetelstat in Patients with Relapsed/Refractory Myelofibrosis
FOSTER CITY, Calif., December 06, 2023--Geron Corporation (Nasdaq: GERN), a late-stage clinical biopharmaceutical company, today announced achievement of fifty percent enrollment in the Phase 3 IMpactMF clinical trial investigating the Company’s first-in-class telomerase inhibitor, imetelstat, versus best available therapy (BAT) in patients with relapsed/refractory myelofibrosis (MF).
Geron Announces Publication in The Lancet of Results from the IMerge Phase 3 Clinical Trial Evaluating Imetelstat in Lower Risk MDS
FOSTER CITY, Calif., December 04, 2023--Geron Corporation (Nasdaq: GERN), a late-stage clinical biopharmaceutical company, today announced publication in The Lancet of results from the IMerge Phase 3 trial investigating imetelstat versus placebo in patients with lower risk myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) relapsed/refractory or ineligible for erythropoiesis stimulating agents (ESAs). The publication is available online and will be available in print at a later date.
FOSTER CITY, Calif., November 28, 2023--Geron Corporation (Nasdaq: GERN), a late-stage clinical biopharmaceutical company, today announced the appointment of Gaurav Aggarwal, M.D., to the Company’s Board of Directors. Dr. Aggarwal has been a prominent investor in the life sciences sector for more than two decades and has a history of expertise in financial and corporate strategy, as well as business development, in companies with which he has been affiliated at both an operational and board leve
FOSTER CITY, Calif., November 16, 2023--Geron Corporation (Nasdaq: GERN), a late-stage clinical biopharmaceutical company, today reported that it has granted non-statutory stock options to purchase an aggregate of 438,950 shares of Geron common stock as inducements to newly hired employees in connection with commencement of employment with the Company.
FOSTER CITY, Calif., November 07, 2023--Geron Corporation (Nasdaq: GERN), a late-stage clinical biopharmaceutical company, today announced that John A. Scarlett, M.D., Geron’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, is scheduled to present at the following investor conferences:
GERN Price Returns