Gold Fields Ltd. ADR (GFI): Price and Financial Metrics
GFI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.09||52-week high||$17.78|
|Prev. close||$14.41||52-week low||$8.89|
|Day high||$14.28||Avg. volume||5,069,887|
|50-day MA||$13.32||Dividend yield||1.88%|
|200-day MA||$13.55||Market Cap||12.59B|
GFI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GFI POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where GFI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 78.67% of US stocks.
- GFI's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- GFI ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 31st percentile.
GFI Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of GOLD FIELDS LTD's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.17% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, GFI has reported earnings growth of -475.84%, putting it ahead of just 2.83% of US stocks in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for GOLD FIELDS LTD comes in at 66.29%, a number that bests 92.94% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GFI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AU, CGAU, NKTR, XPER, and ABSI.
- Visit GFI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.goldfields.com.
GFI Valuation Summary
- GFI's EV/EBIT ratio is 11.7; this is 6.4% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- GFI's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 4.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GFI.
GFI Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 85.14%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 121.87%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 9.17%.
The table below shows GFI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GFI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GFI has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 85.35% of graded US stocks.
- GFI's asset turnover comes in at 0.555 -- ranking 8th of 47 Precious Metals stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows GFI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Gold Fields Ltd. ADR (GFI) Company Bio
Gold Fields Ltd. engages in the exploration, extraction, processing, and smelting of gold and copper properties in South Africa, Ghana, Australia, and Peru. The company was founded in 1887 and is based in Sandton, South Africa.
GFI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GFI Latest Social Stream
View Full GFI Social Stream
Latest GFI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GOLD FIELDS LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GFI as an investment opportunity.
In this piece, we will take a look at the 12 most undervalued gold stocks to buy according to hedge funds. If you want to skip our overview of the gold industry and some recent developments, then take a look at the 5 Most Undervalued Gold Stocks To Buy According To Hedge Funds. The gold […]
In this article, we will discuss the 20 largest economies in Africa ranked by PPP. If you want to skip the detailed analysis of the African economy, click 5 Largest Economies in Africa Ranked by PPP. Economic Outlook for Africa African economy holds a huge potential considering its rich natural resources and young human capital. […]
This article will highlight the leading companies in gold mining and their current valuation. If you want to skip our overview of the trends and patterns in gold mining, read the Top 5 Gold Mining Companies in the World. In Q3 2023, the demand for gold, excluding over-the-counter transactions, was 8% higher than the five-year […]
Here is your Pro Recap of the biggest analyst cuts you may have missed since yesterday: downgrades at Lucid Group, Gold Fields, ArcelorMittal, and Sociedad Quimica y Minera de Chile. CFRA downgraded Lucid Group (NASDAQ:LCID) to Sell from Hold on Tuesday and cut its price target to $4.00 from $7.00 following the company’s Q3 production and delivery numbers.
South Africa's Gold Fields has appointed Michael Fraser as CEO from January, saying it expects no change in its strategy to find new gold deposits, build mines outside its home country and grow the company in the Americas region. Fraser, a South African, left his role as CEO of AIM-listed Chaarat Gold Holdings on Monday. “He brings a rich and unique mix of global operational and corporate experience and his track record of collaboration in delivering superior results...ideally places him to lead our management team in taking our business forward,” Gold Fields board chairman Yunus Suleman said in a statement.
GFI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|