Gilead Sciences Inc. (GILD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GILD POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where GILD ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.22% of US stocks.
- GILD's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 161 days.
- GILD's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 4.06% of US stocks).
GILD Stock Summary
- Gilead Sciences Inc's market capitalization of $88,346,231,454 is ahead of 97.01% of US-listed equities.
- Over the past twelve months, GILD has reported earnings growth of 277.75%, putting it ahead of 92.3% of US stocks in our set.
- The volatility of Gilead Sciences Inc's share price is greater than that of just 2.85% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Gilead Sciences Inc are EW, ADI, LRCX, BDX, and KLAC.
- Visit GILD's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gilead.com.
GILD Valuation Summary
- GILD's price/sales ratio is 3.4; this is 10.53% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- GILD's price/sales ratio has moved down 24.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, GILD's price/sales ratio has gone down 24.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GILD.
GILD Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -50.73%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -21.79%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -71.39%.
The table below shows GILD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GILD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GILD has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.87% of graded US stocks.
- GILD's asset turnover comes in at 0.406 -- ranking 114th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- ENTA, RDUS, and ADMS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GILD.
The table below shows GILD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GILD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GILD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$67.81||52-week high||$74.12|
|Prev. close||$69.07||52-week low||$61.39|
|Day high||$69.31||Avg. volume||7,930,292|
|50-day MA||$70.47||Dividend yield||4.11%|
|200-day MA||$68.87||Market Cap||85.06B|
Gilead Sciences Inc. (GILD) Company Bio
Gilead Sciences Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes new medicines in areas of unmet medical need. Its products target a number of areas, such as HIV, liver diseases, cardiovascular and other diseases. Daniel O’Day has been Gilead Science’s Chief Executive Officer since March of 2019 and the company is headquartered in Foster City, California. With over 10,000 employees worldwide, the company has operations in North America, Asia, the Middle East and Europe. As of 2019, the company had global sales of $22.1 billion. Some of Gilead Science’s major competitors are Novo Nordisk A/S ADR (NVO), Biogen Inc. (BIIB), and Novartis AG ADR (NVS).
Most Popular Stories View All
GILD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GILD Latest Social Stream
View Full GILD Social Stream
Latest GILD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Gilead Sciences Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GILD as an investment opportunity.
Gilead Sciences Inc (NASDAQ: GILD ) said an unauthorized network of drug distributors and suppliers sold pharmacies more than $250 million of counterfeit versions of its HIV treatments over the last two years. The alleged scheme was reported earlier by The Wall Street Journal . The Company found 85,247 bottles tampered with or faked, including versions of its Biktarvy and Descovy treatments. Gilead said it had seized Full story available on Benzinga.com
New York, NY, based Investment company Beech Hill Advisors, Inc. (Current Portfolio) buys Block Inc, The Walt Disney Co, Activision Blizzard Inc, Crown Castle International Corp, Gilead Sciences Inc, sells Delta Air Lines Inc, Broadcom Inc, L3Harris Technologies Inc, Exact Sciences Corp, Chewy Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Beech Hill Advisors, Inc..
Gilead Sciences Inc said an unauthorized network of drug distributors and suppliers sold pharmacies more than $250 million of counterfeit versions of its HIV treatments over the last two years, endangering patients. The drugmaker said it found 85,247 bottles that had been tampered with or faked, including versions of its Biktarvy and Descovy treatments. In a separate statement on Wednesday, Gilead said it has seized the bottles of Gilead-labeled medication from 17 locations in nine states as part of its investigation.
In a report released today, Matthew Harrison from Morgan Stanley maintained a Hold rating on Gilead Sciences (GILD – Research Report), with a price target of $72.00. The company's shares closed last Tuesday at $70.47. According to TipRanks.com, Harrison is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 11.1% and a 53.2% success rate. Harrison covers the Healthcare sector, focusing on stocks such as Freeline Therapeutics Holdings, Zentalis Pharmaceuticals, and BioMarin Pharmaceutical. Gilead Sciences has an analyst consensus of Moderate Buy, with a price target consensus of $77.29, an 8.2% upside from current levels.
Gilead Sciences Inc (NASDAQ: GILD ) recently notified the FDA of its decision to voluntarily withdraw the use of Zydelig for two types of blood cancer, including follicular lymphoma (FL) and small lymphocytic leukemia (SLL). In 2014, the FDA granted accelerated approval to treat relapsed follicular B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma and relapsed small lymphocytic leukemia, … Full story available on Benzinga.com
GILD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|