Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD): Price and Financial Metrics
GILD Stock Summary
- Gilead Sciences Inc's market capitalization of $81,095,833,729 is ahead of 97.59% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of Gilead Sciences Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 16.8% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Gilead Sciences Inc's share price is greater than that of only 1.83% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GILD, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AMAT, VRTX, MU, QCOM, and LRCX.
- GILD's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Gilead Sciences Inc's official web site, go to www.gilead.com.
GILD Stock Price Chart More Charts
GILD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$72.73||52-week high||$74.52|
|Prev. close||$69.70||52-week low||$60.89|
|Day high||$74.52||Avg. volume||13,162,900|
|50-day MA||$65.90||Dividend yield||3.62%|
|200-day MA||$65.49||Market Cap||92.01B|
Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) Company Bio
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes medicines in areas of unmet medical needs. The Company's primary areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver disease and serious cardiovascular and respiratory conditions.
GILD Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Gilead Sciences Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Gilead Sciences Inc ranked in the 66st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Gilead Sciences Inc ended up being:
- Gilead Sciences Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 22.21% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Gilead Sciences Inc experienced a tax rate of about 23% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Healthcare), this tax rate is higher than 90.51% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|