Globe Life Inc. (GL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GL POWR Grades
- GL scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 84.7% of US stocks.
- GL's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- GL ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
GL Stock Summary
- GL's went public 34.77 years ago, making it older than 90.39% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of GLOBE LIFE INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.45% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of GLOBE LIFE INC's share price is greater than that of just 0.96% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CNA, FRFHF, OGE, CEA, and TAC.
- GL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GLOBE LIFE INC's official web site, go to www.globelifeinsurance.com.
GL Valuation Summary
- GL's EV/EBIT ratio is 12.3; this is 26.8% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- GL's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GL.
GL Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -13.85%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 15.56%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at -5.88%.
The table below shows GL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 45.95% of graded US stocks.
- GL's asset turnover comes in at 0.173 -- ranking 95th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- UNH, DGICA, and FGF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GL.
The table below shows GL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$101.59||52-week high||$108.61|
|Prev. close||$99.70||52-week low||$85.25|
|Day high||$101.63||Avg. volume||548,489|
|50-day MA||$100.65||Dividend yield||0.83%|
|200-day MA||$99.50||Market Cap||9.90B|
Globe Life Inc. (GL) Company Bio
Globe Life Inc. (formerly Torchmark Corporation) provides various life and health insurance products, and annuities in the United States, Canada, and New Zealand. It operates through Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Medicare Part D, and Annuities segments. The company was founded in 1900 and is based in McKinney, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
GL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GL Latest Social Stream
View Full GL Social Stream
Latest GL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GLOBE LIFE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GL as an investment opportunity.
Looking to get ideas from the world's most famed investor?
Here is how BCB Bancorp (BCBP) and Globe Life (GL) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
Warren Buffett is a perfect example of how buying and holding for the long run can build colossal wealth. Buffett has held many stocks for 10 years or more, but the four I want to focus on here are Visa (NYSE: V), Mastercard (NYSE: MA), Globe Life (NYSE: GL), and Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO).
OLDWICK, N.J., August 11, 2022--AM Best has affirmed the Financial Strength Rating (FSR) of A (Excellent) and the Long-Term Issuer Credit Ratings (Long-Term ICR) of "a+" (Excellent) of the key life/health subsidiaries of Globe Life Inc. (Globe Life) (headquartered in McKinney, TX) [NYSE: GL]. Concurrently, AM Best has affirmed the Long-Term ICR of "bbb+" (Good) of Globe Life. AM Best also has affirmed the associated Short- and Long-Term Issue Credit Ratings (Short-Term IR; Long-Term IR) on the d
Globe Life Inc. (NYSE: GL) reported today that for the quarter ended June 30, 2022, net income was $1.79 per diluted common share, compared with $1.92 per diluted common share for the year-ago quarter. Net operating income for the quarter was $2.07 per diluted common share, compared with $1.85 per diluted common share for the year-ago quarter.
GL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|