General Motors Company (GM): Price and Financial Metrics
GM Stock Summary
- GM has a higher market value than 97.11% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $83,400,034,022.
- Of note is the ratio of General Motors Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.36% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for General Motors Co is higher than it is for about 95.07% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MO, UBS, BMO, MDLZ, and USB.
- Visit GM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gm.com.
GM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$55.77||52-week high||$63.44|
|Prev. close||$57.88||52-week low||$20.12|
|Day high||$57.28||Avg. volume||24,311,906|
|50-day MA||$56.19||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$41.22||Market Cap||80.36B|
General Motors Company (GM) Company Bio
General Motors designs, builds, and sells cars, crossovers, trucks, and automobile parts worldwide. It operates through GM North America, GM Europe, GM International Operations, GM South America, and GM Financial segments. The company was founded in 1897 and is based in Detroit, Michigan.
GM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for General Motors Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that General Motors Co ranked in the 80th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 323% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for General Motors Co ended up being:
- 43% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 12.84% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- General Motors Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 7%; for context, that number is higher than only 0.4% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than just 23.86% of stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GM Latest Social Stream
View Full GM Social Stream
Latest GM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about General Motors Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GM as an investment opportunity.
Photo by tomeng/iStock Unreleased via Getty ImagesHyundai Motor Group (HYMLF) (OTCPK:HYMTF) has come a long way in a few decades, abandoning a strategy of producing inexpensive economy cars like the tiny Excel that flopped in the U.S. Today, its near-luxury Palisade is one of the most admired and in-demand full-size...
General Motors and LG Energy have agreed to invest more than $2.3 billion in constructing a second battery plant in Tennessee. The plant is to be built by Ultium Cells LLC, a joint venture between the two companies. Once complete, the plant will produce battery cells to be used in General Motors (GM) Spring Hill assembly plant. The proposed battery cell manufacturing plant should be up and running by late 2023 and will likely result in the creation of 1,300 new jobs. The addition of a second Ultium Cell’s battery cell manufacturing plant will mark an important milestone in GM's push for an electric future.
Churchill Capital is not suitable for the short-term investor, as the Lucid acquisition will take a few years to book profits for CCIV stock.
After their worst two-week stretch to open a season in over two decades, Yankees general manager Brian Cashman acknowledged it’s “certainly been a disappointing start,” but added no major changes were in store. “It’s 15 games,” Cashman said. “It’s 15 games I’d like to forget.’’ The GM said that owner Hal Steinbrenner is “disappointed, clearly….
General Motors Company (GM) closed the most recent trading day at $57.88, moving -1.41% from the previous trading session.
GM Price Returns
Continue Researching GMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on General Motors Co's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!