General Motors Company (GM): Price and Financial Metrics
GM Stock Summary
- GM has a market capitalization of $50,221,759,568 -- more than approximately 95.76% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 5.69, General Motors Co P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 5.67% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for General Motors Co is higher than it is for about 92.93% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to General Motors Co, a group of peers worth examining would be WBA, RELX, KMB, BK, and HUM.
- GM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit General Motors Co's official web site, go to www.gm.com.
GM Stock Price Chart More Charts
GM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$31.75||52-week high||$41.90|
|Prev. close||$33.09||52-week low||$31.39|
|Day high||$33.28||Avg. volume||10,904,862|
|50-day MA||$35.15||Dividend yield||4.59%|
|200-day MA||$36.69||Market Cap||45.37B|
General Motors Company (GM) Company Bio
General Motors designs, builds, and sells cars, crossovers, trucks, and automobile parts worldwide. It operates through GM North America, GM Europe, GM International Operations, GM South America, and GM Financial segments. The company was founded in 1897 and is based in Detroit, Michigan.
GM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for GM, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that General Motors Co ranked in the 74st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 141.83%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for General Motors Co ended up being:
- 32% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 9.67% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- GM's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than just 0.38% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 6. This value is greater than merely 0.33% stocks in the Consumer Cyclical sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|