General Motors Co. (GM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GM POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where GM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 83.31% of US stocks.
- GM's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- GM ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 26th percentile.
GM Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $80,497,726,576, General Motors Co has a greater market value than 96.91% of US stocks.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for General Motors Co is higher than it is for about 95.34% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for GM comes in at 20.32% -- higher than that of 88.42% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to General Motors Co, a group of peers worth examining would be DUK, ENB, F, D, and SO.
- GM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit General Motors Co's official web site, go to www.gm.com.
GM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, GM's price/sales ratio is 77.42% lower, now standing at 0.7.
- GM's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 130 months.
- Over the past 130 months, GM's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 0.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GM.
GM Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -11.34%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -55.97%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 5.9%.
The table below shows GM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$57.88||52-week high||$64.30|
|Prev. close||$57.03||52-week low||$25.51|
|Day high||$57.96||Avg. volume||19,755,717|
|50-day MA||$58.71||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$51.96||Market Cap||83.96B|
General Motors Co. (GM) Company Bio
General Motors Company is an American multinational corporation that designs, builds, and sells cars, trucks, and automobile parts. GM was founded in 1908 by William C. Durant and has over 155,000 worldwide employees, of which 85,000 reside in the United States. The company also provides automotive financing services through General Motors Financial Company, Inc. GM operates over 120 manufacturing facilities and 4,200 dealerships in the United States. Headquartered in Detroit, Michigan, the company’s vehicle brands include Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, and GMC. Mary T. Barra serves as GM’s Chair of the Board and has been the Chief Executive Officer since January 15, 2014.
GM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for General Motors Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that General Motors Co ranked in the 80th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 301% on a DCF basis. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of General Motors Co, consider:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 43% of its capital from equity, and 57% of its capital from debt. Its equity weight surpasses that of only 11.75% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Consumer Cyclical sector.
- General Motors Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 7%; for context, that number is higher than only 0.54% of tickers in our DCF set.
- GM's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 0.54% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GM Latest Social Stream
View Full GM Social Stream
Latest GM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about General Motors Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GM as an investment opportunity.
Saudi Arabia was the big winner as CCIV became LCID, but it still has just paper profits.
Is GM stock a buy? General Motors' transformation is about to get real, and one analyst sees a Tesla-like multiple.
QuantumScape founder and CEO Jagdeep Singh tells Yahoo Finance Live he is confident in hitting key production timelines.
General Motors' (GM) winning portfolio of Chevrolet, GMC, Buick and Cadillac models in North America likely to have boosted the auto giant's bottom line during the April-June period.
New innovations and changes in industry standards have auto stocks operating more and more like tech stocks to deliver modern experiences.
GM Price Returns