General Motors Co. (GM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GM POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where GM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 85.58% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GM is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- GM's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 24.37% of US stocks).
GM Stock Summary
- General Motors Co's market capitalization of $84,795,187,859 is ahead of 96.88% of US-listed equities.
- For GM, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 94.74% of US equities we're observing.
- Over the past twelve months, GM has reported earnings growth of 494.33%, putting it ahead of 95.11% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are F, UBS, MDLZ, SHW, and ITW.
- Visit GM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gm.com.
GM Valuation Summary
- GM's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 83.87% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 131 months, GM's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
- GM's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 131 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GM.
GM Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 158.53%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 5.9%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 163.04%.
The table below shows GM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 47.36% of graded US stocks.
- GM's asset turnover comes in at 0.585 -- ranking 45th of 68 Automobiles and Trucks stocks.
- DAN, VC, and WGO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GM.
The table below shows GM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$57.57||52-week high||$64.30|
|Prev. close||$57.77||52-week low||$33.55|
|Day high||$58.31||Avg. volume||19,222,510|
|50-day MA||$52.52||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$55.49||Market Cap||83.58B|
General Motors Co. (GM) Company Bio
General Motors Company is an American multinational corporation that designs, builds, and sells cars, trucks, and automobile parts. GM was founded in 1908 by William C. Durant and has over 155,000 worldwide employees, of which 85,000 reside in the United States. The company also provides automotive financing services through General Motors Financial Company, Inc. GM operates over 120 manufacturing facilities and 4,200 dealerships in the United States. Headquartered in Detroit, Michigan, the company’s vehicle brands include Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, and GMC. Mary T. Barra serves as GM’s Chair of the Board and has been the Chief Executive Officer since January 15, 2014.
Most Popular Stories View All
GM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GM Latest Social Stream
View Full GM Social Stream
Latest GM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about General Motors Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GM as an investment opportunity.
Lucid Motors is getting great reviews for its Air sedan, but it can't fill its orders unless it can get a steady and rising supply of batteries, which in turn depend on expensive lithium.
According to the Manheim Used Vehicle Value Index, wholesale used car and truck prices rose 8.3% in the first 15 days of October compared to September. Going into 2022, AutoNation CEO Mike Jackson believes demand for vehicles will not abate anytime soon.
Plant shutdowns at General Motors and Stelantis/Fiat Chrysler hit home for Glendale-based automotive supplier Strattec Security Corp., which sustained a 20.5% decline in net sales for its latest quarter.
General Motors Co is more than halfway through shipping newly-assembled pickups that it had parked due to a shortage of semiconductor chips, a top executive at the No. 1 U.S. automaker said on Friday. The global chip shortage has forced automakers like GM to idle production or in some cases mostly build vehicles and then park them until the necessary chips can be installed, allowing those vehicles to be then shipped to dealers. Last month, GM Chief Financial Officer Paul Jacobson cautioned that GM's third-quarter wholesale deliveries could be down by 200,000 vehicles because of chip shortages.
General Motors' (GM) third-quarter 2021 earnings are likely to have been weighed by weaker year-over-year sales amid the global chip crunch.
GM Price Returns