General Motors Co. (GM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GM POWR Grades
- GM scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 78.28% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GM is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- GM's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 24.26% of US stocks).
GM Stock Summary
- GENERAL MOTORS CO's market capitalization of $58,278,216,851 is ahead of 96.31% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of GENERAL MOTORS CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.52% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For GM, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 93.29% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are F, RELX, DG, NOC, and HUM.
- GM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GENERAL MOTORS CO's official web site, go to www.gm.com.
GM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, GM's price/earnings ratio is 33.64% lower, now standing at 7.1.
- GM's price/sales ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 144 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GM.
GM Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -57.54%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -32.86%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -1.72%.
The table below shows GM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 26.79% of graded US stocks.
- GM's asset turnover comes in at 0.549 -- ranking 45th of 68 Automobiles and Trucks stocks.
- DAN, LEA, and VC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GM.
The table below shows GM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.89||52-week high||$67.21|
|Prev. close||$35.48||52-week low||$30.33|
|Day high||$36.05||Avg. volume||17,500,920|
|50-day MA||$37.89||Dividend yield||1.01%|
|200-day MA||$42.79||Market Cap||50.87B|
General Motors Co. (GM) Company Bio
General Motors Company is an American multinational corporation that designs, builds, and sells cars, trucks, and automobile parts. GM was founded in 1908 by William C. Durant and has over 155,000 worldwide employees, of which 85,000 reside in the United States. The company also provides automotive financing services through General Motors Financial Company, Inc. GM operates over 120 manufacturing facilities and 4,200 dealerships in the United States. Headquartered in Detroit, Michigan, the company’s vehicle brands include Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, and GMC. Mary T. Barra serves as GM’s Chair of the Board and has been the Chief Executive Officer since January 15, 2014.
Most Popular Stories View All
GM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GM Latest Social Stream
View Full GM Social Stream
Latest GM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GENERAL MOTORS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GM as an investment opportunity.
General Motors Company stock is trending on the Yahoo Finance Platform. Here is a visualization of $GM performance over time, how that performance compares to the wider industry, and analyst projections for the current quarter.Check out the ticker page here.
The car company has run into supply constraints with the brand-name badges and the nameplates that specify the model, important identifiers for the auto maker’s products.
General Motors says it will spend $760 million to renovate its transmission factory in Toledo, Ohio so it can build drive lines for electric vehicles.
(Bloomberg) -- Nikola Corp.’s Trevor Milton was so “hyper-focused” on the company’s stock price that when the shares fell $5 on their first day of trading in June 2020, he thought something was wrong with the Nasdaq, jurors at his criminal fraud trial were told.At the time, the electric-truck maker Milton founded was completing a reverse merger and would end the day with a market value of $12 billion. Chief Financial Officer Kim Brady testified in New York Friday that he explained to Milton the
General Motors Co (NYSE: GM) plans to invest $760 million in its Toledo, Ohio, propulsion manufacturing operations to build drive units for electric trucks. Toledo Propulsion Systems will be GM's first U.S. powertrain or propulsion-related manufacturing facility transformed for EV-related production. Once ready, the plant will produce EV drive units, which convert electric power from the battery pack to mechanical motion at the wheels. Also Read: Electrification On And Above - EVs To Constitute
GM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|