GMS Inc. (GMS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GMS POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where GMS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.39% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GMS is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 47 weeks.
- GMS's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 63.99% of US stocks).
GMS Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for GMS is 4.03 -- better than 89.66% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.55, GMS Inc has a higher such ratio than just 10.62% of stocks in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, GMS has reported earnings growth of 105.5%, putting it ahead of 81.2% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GMS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CONN, TCS, BCC, GO, and LE.
- GMS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GMS Inc's official web site, go to www.gms.com.
GMS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, GMS's price/earnings ratio is 22.11% lower, now standing at 15.5.
- GMS's price/earnings ratio has moved down 54.1 over the prior 64 months.
- Over the past 64 months, GMS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 9.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GMS.
GMS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GMS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 72.68% of graded US stocks.
- GMS's asset turnover comes in at 1.473 -- ranking 51st of 104 Wholesale stocks.
- WSTG, MEDS, and CENT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GMS.
The table below shows GMS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GMS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GMS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$44.76||52-week high||$53.85|
|Prev. close||$45.44||52-week low||$21.41|
|Day high||$45.35||Avg. volume||271,626|
|50-day MA||$48.29||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$41.16||Market Cap||1.93B|
GMS Inc. (GMS) Company Bio
GMS Inc. distributes gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products, and other specialty building materials to the interior contractors of commercial and residential buildings in North America. The company was founded in 1971 and is based Tucker, Georgia.
Most Popular Stories View All
GMS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GMS Latest Social Stream
View Full GMS Social Stream
Latest GMS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GMS Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GMS as an investment opportunity.
Some have more dollars than sense, they say, so even companies that have no revenue, no profit, and a record of falling...
Builders FirstSource (BLDR) continues to focus on investing in innovation and enhancing digital solutions for customers with the addition of Apollo Software to its portfolio.
RH's fiscal second-quarter 2021 results benefit from solid home furnishing industry trends and business model.
TCFC, GMS, MHO, and WIRE made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) value stocks list on September 8, 2021.
When insiders purchase shares, it indicates their confidence in the company's prospects or that they view the stock as a bargain. Either way, this signals an opportunity to go long on the stock. Insider purchases should not be taken as the only indicator for making an investment or trading decision. At best, it can lend conviction to a buying decision. Below is a look at a few recent notable insider purchases. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform. GMS The Trade: GMS Inc.
GMS Price Returns