GMS Inc. (GMS): Price and Financial Metrics
GMS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$62.03||52-week high||$76.14|
|Prev. close||$61.88||52-week low||$40.17|
|Day high||$62.37||Avg. volume||292,718|
|50-day MA||$68.52||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$62.08||Market Cap||2.52B|
GMS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GMS POWR Grades
- GMS scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 96.71% of US stocks.
- GMS's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- GMS ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 40th percentile.
GMS Stock Summary
- GMS INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 87.04% of US listed stocks.
- GMS's price/sales ratio is 0.47; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 16.85% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for GMS comes in at 12.16% -- higher than that of 85.12% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GMS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be SGC, BECN, HIBB, CRD.A, and STC.
- GMS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GMS INC's official web site, go to www.gms.com.
GMS Valuation Summary
- GMS's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 72.22% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- GMS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 16.3 over the prior 89 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GMS.
GMS Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -13.84%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -38.98%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -7.23%.
The table below shows GMS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GMS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GMS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.63% of graded US stocks.
- GMS's asset turnover comes in at 1.473 -- ranking 54th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- MEDS, CENT, and WSTG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GMS.
The table below shows GMS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GMS Inc. (GMS) Company Bio
GMS Inc. distributes gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products, and other specialty building materials to the interior contractors of commercial and residential buildings in North America. The company was founded in 1971 and is based Tucker, Georgia.
GMS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GMS Latest Social Stream
View Full GMS Social Stream
Latest GMS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GMS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GMS as an investment opportunity.
With its stock down 11% over the past three months, it is easy to disregard GMS (NYSE:GMS). But if you pay close...
TUCKER, Ga., September 21, 2023--GMS Inc. (NYSE: GMS), a leading North American specialty building products distributor, is proud to announce that two members of its Board of Directors have been recognized for their excellence in board leadership and significant professional achievements.
Recently, Zacks.com users have been paying close attention to GMS (GMS). This makes it worthwhile to examine what the stock has in store.
Key Insights GMS' estimated fair value is US$104 based on 2 Stage Free Cash Flow to Equity Current share price of...
GMS' first-quarter fiscal 2024 earnings reflect a slowdown in single-family construction.
GMS Price Returns