Genuine Parts Company (GPC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GPC POWR Grades
- GPC scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 94.29% of US stocks.
- GPC's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 48 weeks.
- GPC's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 35.63% of US stocks).
GPC Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for GPC is 5.53 -- better than 93.57% of US stocks.
- GPC's went public 35.75 years ago, making it older than 92.65% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, GPC has reported earnings growth of 1,255%, putting it ahead of 98.04% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Genuine Parts Co are MKL, RL, FNF, LKQ, and ULTA.
- Visit GPC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.genpt.com.
GPC Valuation Summary
- GPC's EV/EBIT ratio is 17.3; this is 3.59% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, GPC's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 7.4.
- GPC's price/earnings ratio has moved up 7.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GPC.
GPC Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -18.89%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 13.1%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 64.39%.
The table below shows GPC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GPC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GPC has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 94.26% of graded US stocks.
- GPC's asset turnover comes in at 1.301 -- ranking 61st of 104 Wholesale stocks.
- MCK, LKQ, and MRC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GPC.
The table below shows GPC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GPC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GPC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$123.40||52-week high||$135.93|
|Prev. close||$122.34||52-week low||$88.99|
|Day high||$124.39||Avg. volume||743,509|
|50-day MA||$124.20||Dividend yield||2.66%|
|200-day MA||$117.28||Market Cap||17.67B|
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) Company Bio
Genuine Parts is a distributor of automotive replacement parts and accessories in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Australasia. The Company also distributes industrial replacement parts in the U.S., Canada and Mexico through its Motion Industries subsidiary. The company was founded in 1928 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
Most Popular Stories View All
GPC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GPC Latest Social Stream
View Full GPC Social Stream
Latest GPC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Genuine Parts Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GPC as an investment opportunity.
Genuine Parts Company (NYSE: GPC) plans to release Third Quarter Earnings on October 21, 2021. Management will also conduct a conference call on this date at 11:00 a.m. ET. The public may access the webcast and supplemental earnings deck on the Company's investor relations website. The call is also available by dialing 877-407-0789. The conference ID is 13723410. A replay of the call will be available on the Company's website or toll-free at 844-512-2921, ID 13723410, two hours after the complet
Genuine Parts Company found using ticker (GPC) have now 6 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Hold''. The target price ranges between 135 and 119 calculating the mean target price we have 128.5. Given that the stocks previous close was at 119.21 this indicates there is a potential upside of 7.8%. The 50 day MA is 123.78 and the 200 day MA is 123.71. The market cap for the company is $17,185m. Company Website: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="GPC" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Genuine Parts Company distributes automotive replacement parts, and industrial parts and materials. The company distributes automotive replacement parts for imported vehicles, hybrid and electric vehicles, trucks, SUVs, buses, motorcycl...
Genuine Parts (GPC) has been struggling lately, but the selling pressure may be coming to an end soon.
Genuine Parts Company (NYSE: GPC) announced today that members of its leadership team will host a webcast providing a deep dive on the Company's industrial business on September 15, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. ET.
Goldman Sachs estimates nearly 170 industries are impacted by the shortage, and arguably none has been hit harder than the automotive industry. It is why Genuine Parts (NYSE: GPC) is my top stock to buy this month. Best-known as the owner of NAPA Auto Parts stores, Genuine Parts is equally well-known for its stellar record as a premier dividend stock.
GPC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|