Genuine Parts Co. (GPC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GPC POWR Grades
- GPC scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 89.33% of US stocks.
- GPC's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- GPC's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 42.5% of US stocks).
GPC Stock Summary
- Genuine Parts Co's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 93.15% of US listed stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, GPC has reported earnings growth of 349.95%, putting it ahead of 93.81% of US stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, GPC is more volatile than only 6.78% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Genuine Parts Co are OMC, GIB, FNF, LKQ, and VIV.
- GPC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Genuine Parts Co's official web site, go to www.genpt.com.
GPC Valuation Summary
- GPC's EV/EBIT ratio is 17.3; this is 3.59% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, GPC's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 7.4.
- GPC's price/earnings ratio has moved up 7.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GPC.
GPC Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 13.02%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 64.39%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -22.83%.
The table below shows GPC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GPC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GPC has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.12% of graded US stocks.
- GPC's asset turnover comes in at 1.322 -- ranking 63rd of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- LKQ, SCHN, and NHTC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GPC.
The table below shows GPC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GPC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GPC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$131.72||52-week high||$142.97|
|Prev. close||$133.51||52-week low||$115.63|
|Day high||$132.37||Avg. volume||750,704|
|50-day MA||$133.82||Dividend yield||2.68%|
|200-day MA||$131.08||Market Cap||18.65B|
Genuine Parts Co. (GPC) Company Bio
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is an American service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products and electrical/electronic materials. GPC serves numerous customers from more than 2,600 operations around the world, and has approximately 48,000 employees. It owns the NAPA Auto Parts brand. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
GPC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GPC Latest Social Stream
View Full GPC Social Stream
Latest GPC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Genuine Parts Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GPC as an investment opportunity.
Advance Auto (AAP), BorgWarner (BWA), Genuine Parts (GPC) and LKQ Corp (LKQ) manage to beat top- and bottom-line expectations in their latest quarterly releases.
The annual results for Genuine Parts Company ( NYSE:GPC ) were released last week, making it a good time to revisit its...
A recent Bankrate survey found an astonishing 70% of Wall Street analysts think a correction is coming -- and sooner than you may think. One of the country's biggest firearms manufacturers, Sturm, Ruger (NYSE: RGR), is a prime candidate for your portfolio in a market downturn.
Genuine Parts Company ( NYSE:GPC ) has announced that it will be increasing its dividend on the 1st of April to...
Genuine Parts Company shares rose 1% in premarket trade Thursday, after the car parts maker beat fourth-quarter earnings estimates and offered guidance that was above consensus. Atlanta-based Genuine Parts posted net income of $256.0 million, or $1.79 a share, for the quarter, up from $171.6 million, or $1.18 a share, in the year-earlier period. Adjusted per-share earnings were also $1.79, ahead of the $1.59 FactSet consensus. Sales rose 13% to $4.8 billion from $4.3 billion a year ago, also ahead of the $4.7 billion FactSet consensus. "Strong sales growth combined with ongoing initiatives to improve gross margin and control expenses in an inflationary environment drove an 18% increase in adjusted earnings per share, which along with our continued focus on working capital improvement, h...
GPC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|