Genuine Parts Company (GPC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GPC POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where GPC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.02% of US stocks.
- GPC's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- GPC ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 67th percentile.
GPC Stock Summary
- Genuine Parts Co's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 92.94% of US listed stocks.
- Genuine Parts Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.73% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 345.19, Genuine Parts Co P/E ratio is greater than that of about 97.48% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GPC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are KOF, CNMD, ACEL, NATI, and EPAC.
- Visit GPC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.genpt.com.
GPC Valuation Summary
- GPC's price/earnings ratio is 340.9; this is 1554.85% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, GPC's price/sales ratio has gone up $0.4.
- GPC's price/sales ratio has moved up $0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GPC.
GPC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GPC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$124.26||52-week high||$135.93|
|Prev. close||$124.42||52-week low||$83.29|
|Day high||$124.99||Avg. volume||830,513|
|50-day MA||$127.04||Dividend yield||2.62%|
|200-day MA||$108.45||Market Cap||17.95B|
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) Company Bio
Genuine Parts is a distributor of automotive replacement parts and accessories in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Australasia. The Company also distributes industrial replacement parts in the U.S., Canada and Mexico through its Motion Industries subsidiary. The company was founded in 1928 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
GPC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Genuine Parts Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Genuine Parts Co ranked in the 67th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 84%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for GPC, they are:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 85% of its capital from equity, and 15% of its capital from debt. Its equity weight surpasses that of 71.67% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Consumer Cyclical sector.
- Genuine Parts Co's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 39 -- greater than 93.15% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GPC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GPC Latest Social Stream
View Full GPC Social Stream
Latest GPC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Genuine Parts Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GPC as an investment opportunity.
Genuine Parts Company (NYSE: GPC) announced today that Naveen Krishna has joined the Company as Executive Vice President and Chief Information & Digital Officer. In this key leadership role, Mr. Krishna has responsibility for leading the strategy and direction for all technology and digital initiatives and ensuring alignment with GPC's strategic roadmap. He will report to Will Stengel, President.
Genuine Parts Company found using ticker (GPC) have now 7 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Hold''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 129 and 113 with the average target price sitting at 121.71. Given that the stocks previous close was at 127.87 this now indicates there is a potential downside of -4.8%. The day 50 moving average is 128.6 and the 200 day moving average is 111.41. The market cap for the company is $18,698m. Visit the company website at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="GPC" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Genuine Parts Company distributes automotive replacement parts, and industrial parts and materials. The company distributes automotive replacemen...
ATLANTA, June 8, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Genuine Parts Company (NYSE: GPC) announced today that Paul Donahue, Chairman and CEO, and Will Stengel, President, will present virtually at the Evercore ISI Consumer and
On April 29, 2021, Genuine Parts (NYSE:GPC) declared a divide
Genuine Parts Company found using ticker (GPC) now have 7 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Hold''. The target price ranges between 129 and 113 with the average target price sitting at 121.71. With the stocks previous close at 131.12 this is indicating there is a potential downside of -7.2%. The 50 day MA is 126.88 while the 200 day moving average is 110.23. The company has a market capitalisation of $19,083m. Visit the company website at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="GPC" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Genuine Parts Company distributes automotive replacement parts, and industrial parts and materials. The company distributes automotive replacement parts for imported vehicles, hybrid and elect...
GPC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|