Genuine Parts Co. (GPC): Price and Financial Metrics
GPC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$144.38||52-week high||$187.73|
|Prev. close||$143.26||52-week low||$141.58|
|Day high||$145.60||Avg. volume||986,699|
|50-day MA||$152.54||Dividend yield||2.67%|
|200-day MA||$163.37||Market Cap||20.28B|
GPC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GPC POWR Grades
- GPC scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 85.02% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GPC is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- GPC ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 50th percentile.
GPC Stock Summary
- GENUINE PARTS CO's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 92.23% of US listed stocks.
- GENUINE PARTS CO's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.16% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, GPC is more volatile than merely 6.03% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GPC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TSCO, ULTA, RPM, ROL, and BRO.
- GPC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GENUINE PARTS CO's official web site, go to www.genpt.com.
GPC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, GPC's price/sales ratio is 52.63% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- GPC's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 3.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GPC.
GPC Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 16.72%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -39.63%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 23.75%.
The table below shows GPC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GPC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GPC has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.12% of graded US stocks.
- GPC's asset turnover comes in at 1.322 -- ranking 63rd of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- LKQ, SCHN, and NHTC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GPC.
The table below shows GPC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Genuine Parts Co. (GPC) Company Bio
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is an American service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products and electrical/electronic materials. GPC serves numerous customers from more than 2,600 operations around the world, and has approximately 48,000 employees. It owns the NAPA Auto Parts brand. (Source:Wikipedia)
GPC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GPC Latest Social Stream
View Full GPC Social Stream
Latest GPC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GENUINE PARTS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GPC as an investment opportunity.
For beginners, it can seem like a good idea (and an exciting prospect) to buy a company that tells a good story to...
RYE, N.Y., Sept. 11, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gabelli Funds will host the 47th Annual Automotive Symposium on October 30th and 31st, 2023 at the Encore at Wynn in Las Vegas, Nevada. This two-day symposium will feature presentations by senior managements of leading automotive and trucking companies, with a lineup that enables investors to understand ever-changing dynamics within the automotive industry. Presenting attendees, which include original equipment suppliers, automotive retailers, afterm
To distinguish the must-have Dividend Kings from the rest, focus on the robust financial structure of the company
Genuine Parts Company ( NYSE:GPC ) is about to trade ex-dividend in the next 4 days. The ex-dividend date is one...
In this article, we discuss the top 10 Goldman Sachs EV and battery stocks. If you want to skip our detailed discussion on the EV sector, head directly to Goldman Sachs EV and Battery Stocks: Top 5 Stock Picks. In 2022, electric vehicles constituted 14% of the total new car sales, marking an increase from […]
GPC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|