Genuine Parts Co. (GPC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GPC POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where GPC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.02% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GPC is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- GPC's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 39.4% of US stocks).
GPC Stock Summary
- GENUINE PARTS CO's market capitalization of $25,610,903,549 is ahead of 91.39% of US-listed equities.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for GPC is 5.83 -- better than 92.74% of US stocks.
- GENUINE PARTS CO's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.43% of US equities in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GENUINE PARTS CO, a group of peers worth examining would be TSCO, GWW, CCEP, FAST, and GIB.
- Visit GPC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.genpt.com.
GPC Valuation Summary
- GPC's EV/EBIT ratio is 17.3; this is 37.3% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- GPC's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 40.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GPC.
GPC Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -39.63%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 25.26%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 45.94%.
The table below shows GPC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GPC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GPC has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.12% of graded US stocks.
- GPC's asset turnover comes in at 1.322 -- ranking 63rd of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- LKQ, SCHN, and NHTC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GPC.
The table below shows GPC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GPC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GPC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$186.10||52-week high||$186.11|
|Prev. close||$183.92||52-week low||$115.63|
|Day high||$186.11||Avg. volume||818,948|
|50-day MA||$166.50||Dividend yield||1.92%|
|200-day MA||$144.74||Market Cap||26.27B|
Genuine Parts Co. (GPC) Company Bio
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is an American service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products and electrical/electronic materials. GPC serves numerous customers from more than 2,600 operations around the world, and has approximately 48,000 employees. It owns the NAPA Auto Parts brand. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
GPC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GPC Latest Social Stream
View Full GPC Social Stream
Latest GPC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GENUINE PARTS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GPC as an investment opportunity.
Carillon Tower Advisers, an investment management company, released its “Carillon Chartwell Mid Cap Value Fund” third quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. The market witnessed extreme volatility in the quarter, and the equity market segment returns ranged from -2% to -5%. The Russell Mid Cap Value index declined nearly […]
Genuine Parts (GPC) possesses solid growth attributes, which could help it handily outperform the market.
Companies with long-term track records of solid profitability will often reward their investors with cold, hard cash when they are able to do so.
With 79% institutional ownership, Genuine Parts Company (NYSE:GPC) is a favorite amongst the big guns
Every investor in Genuine Parts Company ( NYSE:GPC ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder groups. And the...
Sonic (SAH) gains from buyouts that add to revenues. Its EchoPark unit provides ample growth visibility. But, tight inventory, soaring SG&A costs and a stretched balance sheet are concerning.
GPC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|