Group 1 Automotive, Inc. (GPI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GPI POWR Grades
- GPI scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 97.21% of US stocks.
- GPI's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- GPI ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
GPI Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for GPI is 7.39 -- better than 95.58% of US stocks.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for GPI is currently 2.56, higher than only 7.93% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- GPI's price/sales ratio is 0.24; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 3.72% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Group 1 Automotive Inc are OMI, LCUT, BIG, CRI, and ODP.
- GPI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Group 1 Automotive Inc's official web site, go to www.group1auto.com.
GPI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, GPI's price/earnings ratio is 70.1% lower, now standing at 5.8.
- GPI's price/sales ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 243 months.
- GPI's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 2.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GPI.
GPI Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 78.56%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -14.21%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 78.56%.
The table below shows GPI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GPI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GPI has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 79.5% of graded US stocks.
- GPI's asset turnover comes in at 2.673 -- ranking 19th of 165 Retail stocks.
- KMX, LE, and TITN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GPI.
The table below shows GPI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GPI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GPI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$180.25||52-week high||$212.23|
|Prev. close||$171.37||52-week low||$145.72|
|Day high||$181.39||Avg. volume||196,494|
|50-day MA||$176.36||Dividend yield||0.82%|
|200-day MA||$183.55||Market Cap||2.99B|
Group 1 Automotive, Inc. (GPI) Company Bio
Group 1 Automotive operates in the automotive retail industry. It sells new and used cars, light trucks, and vehicle parts; arranges vehicle financing; sells service and insurance contracts; and provides automotive maintenance and repair services. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
GPI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GPI Latest Social Stream
View Full GPI Social Stream
Latest GPI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Group 1 Automotive Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GPI as an investment opportunity.
Carvana (CVNA) incurs a loss in the fourth quarter of 2021, but sales rise year over year. The company provides guidance for 2022 amidst an anticipated tough year ahead.
Zacks.com featured highlights include Celestica, ASE Technology Holding, KB Home, Group 1 Automotive and Hillenbrand
Celestica, ASE Technology Holding, KB Home, Group 1 Automotive and Hillenbrand are included in this blog.
The P/B ratio helps to identify low-priced stocks that have high-growth prospects. Celestica (CLS), ASE Technology Holding (ASX), KB Home (KBH), Group 1 Automotive (GPI) and Hillenbrand (HI) are some such picks.
Some investors rely on dividends for growing their wealth, and if you're one of those dividend sleuths, you might be...
In this article, we discuss 10 stocks to invest in now according to Anthony Bozza’s Lakewood Capital. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of Bozza’s history, investment philosophy, and hedge fund performance, go directly to 5 Stocks to Invest in Now According to Anthony Bozza’s Lakewood Capital. Anthony Bozza‘s Lakewood Capital Management is […]
GPI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|