Group 1 Automotive, Inc. (GPI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GPI POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where GPI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.39% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GPI is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- GPI's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 43% of US stocks).
GPI Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for GPI is 7.09 -- better than 95.41% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.25, Group 1 Automotive Inc has a higher such ratio than just 3.13% of stocks in our set.
- Group 1 Automotive Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 28.61%, greater than the shareholder yield of 91.99% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Group 1 Automotive Inc are CRI, ABG, THG, FARM, and OSMT.
- GPI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Group 1 Automotive Inc's official web site, go to www.group1auto.com.
GPI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, GPI's price/sales ratio is 91.18% lower, now standing at 0.3.
- GPI's price/sales ratio has moved up $0.2 over the prior 243 months.
- GPI's price/earnings ratio has moved down $4.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GPI.
GPI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GPI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$147.28||52-week high||$175.04|
|Prev. close||$148.90||52-week low||$55.79|
|Day high||$149.00||Avg. volume||170,616|
|50-day MA||$162.28||Dividend yield||0.89%|
|200-day MA||$138.39||Market Cap||2.68B|
Group 1 Automotive, Inc. (GPI) Company Bio
Group 1 Automotive operates in the automotive retail industry. It sells new and used cars, light trucks, and vehicle parts; arranges vehicle financing; sells service and insurance contracts; and provides automotive maintenance and repair services. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Houston, Texas.
GPI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for GPI, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Group 1 Automotive Inc ranked in the 90th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Group 1 Automotive Inc, consider:
- As a business, GPI is generating more cash flow than 81.03% of positive cash flow stocks in the Consumer Cyclical.
- 54% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 18.17% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Group 1 Automotive Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 2.62% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GPI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GPI Latest Social Stream
View Full GPI Social Stream
Latest GPI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Group 1 Automotive Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GPI as an investment opportunity.
P/B ratio is emerging as a convenient tool to identify low-priced stocks that have high-growth prospects.
Group 1 (GPI) has seen solid earnings estimate revision activity over the past month, and belongs to a strong industry as well.
If you are looking for a fast-growing stock that is still seeing plenty of opportunities on the horizon, make sure to consider Group 1 (GPI).
Group 1 Automotive (GPI) has been upgraded to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy), reflecting growing optimism about the company's earnings prospects. This might drive the stock higher in the near term.
Top Ranked Value Stocks to Buy for May 27th
GPI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|