Group 1 Automotive, Inc. (GPI): Price and Financial Metrics
GPI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$284.51||52-week high||$293.77|
|Prev. close||$281.02||52-week low||$159.87|
|Day high||$284.59||Avg. volume||150,303|
|50-day MA||$265.59||Dividend yield||0.63%|
|200-day MA||$246.75||Market Cap||3.93B|
GPI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GPI POWR Grades
- GPI scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 97.92% of US stocks.
- GPI's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- GPI's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 22.61% of US stocks).
GPI Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for GPI is 6.69 -- better than 93.89% of US stocks.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 665.73, GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 95.08% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.23, GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC has a higher such ratio than merely 7.38% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC are BBSI, VFC, SCSC, URBN, and MHO.
- Visit GPI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.group1auto.com.
GPI Valuation Summary
- GPI's price/sales ratio is 0.2; this is 88.89% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- GPI's price/earnings ratio has moved down 4.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GPI.
GPI Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 12.55%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -50.63%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -79.98%.
The table below shows GPI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GPI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GPI has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 79.5% of graded US stocks.
- GPI's asset turnover comes in at 2.673 -- ranking 19th of 165 Retail stocks.
- KMX, LE, and TITN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GPI.
The table below shows GPI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Group 1 Automotive, Inc. (GPI) Company Bio
Group 1 Automotive operates in the automotive retail industry. It sells new and used cars, light trucks, and vehicle parts; arranges vehicle financing; sells service and insurance contracts; and provides automotive maintenance and repair services. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Houston, Texas.
GPI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GPI Latest Social Stream
View Full GPI Social Stream
Latest GPI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GROUP 1 AUTOMOTIVE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GPI as an investment opportunity.
We believe that stocks like Brinker International (EAT), Cardinal Health (CAH), The Andersons (ANDE), Avnet (AVT) and Group 1 Automotive (GPI) should be on an investor's watchlist.
In this article, we will take a look at the 12 most undervalued auto stocks to buy according to hedge funds. To skip our analysis of the recent market trends and activity, you can go directly to see the 5 Most Undervalued Auto Stocks to Buy According to Hedge Funds. The automotive market is a […]
Group 1 Automotive (GPI) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Buying vehicles directly from consumers improves profit margins and allows dealers to reduce prices, finance chiefs say.
We believe that stocks like The Greenbrier Companies (GBX), AMC Entertainment (AMC), The Gap (GPS), Avnet (AVT) and Group 1 Automotive (GPI) should be on an investor's watchlist.
GPI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|