Group 1 Automotive, Inc. (GPI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GPI POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where GPI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.39% of US stocks.
- GPI's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- GPI's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 43% of US stocks).
GPI Stock Summary
- Group 1 Automotive Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 95.41% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.27, Group 1 Automotive Inc has a higher such ratio than only 3.86% of stocks in our set.
- Group 1 Automotive Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 26.94%, greater than the shareholder yield of 91.02% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Group 1 Automotive Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be CRI, ABG, THG, FARM, and VERO.
- GPI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Group 1 Automotive Inc's official web site, go to www.group1auto.com.
GPI Valuation Summary
- GPI's EV/EBIT ratio is 9.7; this is 48.13% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- GPI's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 0.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, GPI's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GPI.
GPI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GPI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$173.74||52-week high||$181.95|
|Prev. close||$169.24||52-week low||$80.66|
|Day high||$175.62||Avg. volume||183,156|
|50-day MA||$160.49||Dividend yield||0.76%|
|200-day MA||$147.80||Market Cap||3.16B|
Group 1 Automotive, Inc. (GPI) Company Bio
Group 1 Automotive operates in the automotive retail industry. It sells new and used cars, light trucks, and vehicle parts; arranges vehicle financing; sells service and insurance contracts; and provides automotive maintenance and repair services. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Houston, Texas.
GPI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for GPI, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Group 1 Automotive Inc ranked in the 90th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Group 1 Automotive Inc, consider:
- As a business, GPI is generating more cash flow than 81.03% of positive cash flow stocks in the Consumer Cyclical.
- 54% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 18.17% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Group 1 Automotive Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 2.62% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GPI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GPI Latest Social Stream
View Full GPI Social Stream
Latest GPI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Group 1 Automotive Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GPI as an investment opportunity.
Image source: The Motley Fool. Group 1 Automotive Inc (NYSE: GPI)Q2 2021 Earnings CallJul 29, 2021, 10:00 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorGood morning, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to Group one Automotive's 2021 Second Quarter Financial Results Conference Call.
Group 1 Automotive (GPI) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 2.08% and 10.72%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Rank.
Group 1 Automotive, Inc. (NYSE: GPI), ("Group 1" or the "Company"), an international, Fortune 500 automotive retailer, today reported record second quarter 2021 financial results.
MATX, TPH, GPI, and TCFC made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) value stocks list on July 28, 2021.
GPI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|