Gap Inc. (GPS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GPS POWR Grades
- GPS scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 93.22% of US stocks.
- GPS's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 161 days.
- GPS's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 5.69% of US stocks).
GPS Stock Summary
- Gap Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 94.26% of US listed stocks.
- Gap Inc's stock had its IPO on July 23, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.6% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.38, Gap Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 7.18% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GPS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PDCO, BIG, ODP, CASY, and FIX.
- Visit GPS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gapinc.com.
GPS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, GPS's price/earnings ratio is 31.96% lower, now standing at 13.2.
- GPS's price/earnings ratio has moved down 9.1 over the prior 243 months.
- GPS's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GPS.
GPS Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at -5.1%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -63.86%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -4.84%.
The table below shows GPS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GPS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GPS has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 84.01% of graded US stocks.
- GPS's asset turnover comes in at 1.198 -- ranking 117th of 165 Retail stocks.
- AEO, FL, and ZUMZ are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GPS.
The table below shows GPS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GPS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GPS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$16.06||52-week high||$37.63|
|Prev. close||$16.65||52-week low||$15.84|
|Day high||$16.86||Avg. volume||8,455,328|
|50-day MA||$18.91||Dividend yield||2.88%|
|200-day MA||$26.49||Market Cap||6.00B|
Gap Inc. (GPS) Company Bio
The Gap, Inc. operates as an apparel retail company worldwide. It offers apparel, accessories, and personal care products for men, women, and children under the Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, and Intermix brands. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in San Francisco, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
GPS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GPS Latest Social Stream
View Full GPS Social Stream
Latest GPS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Gap Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GPS as an investment opportunity.
Walmart has generated buzz with its plans to develop a cryptocurrency and NFTs as it explores entry into the metaverse.
Morgan Stanley drops its rating on Gap (GPS) to Underweight from Equal-weight
Investment company InTrack Investment Management Inc (Current Portfolio) buys Dow Inc, Target Corp, PayPal Holdings Inc, iShares MSCI EAFE ETF, Lincoln National Corp, sells Fortinet Inc, iShares MSCI EAFE Small-Cap ETF, Palo Alto Networks Inc, Vale SA, Visa Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, InTrack Investment Management Inc.
Yahoo Finance's Brad Smith reports on why Gap stock is dipping today.
Exotec is a French robotics company used by some of the world''s biggest retailers such as Gap, and it''s now valued at $2 billion.
GPS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|