Gap Inc. (GPS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GPS POWR Grades
- GPS scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 89.78% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GPS is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 178 days.
- GPS ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
GPS Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for GPS is 6.99 -- better than 94.22% of US stocks.
- GPS's went public 35.68 years ago, making it older than 92.37% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.23, GAP INC has a higher such ratio than merely 7.48% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to GAP INC are M, NGVC, RYI, CAL, and LFVN.
- Visit GPS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gapinc.com.
GPS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, GPS's EV/EBIT ratio is 1359.09% lower, now standing at -166.2.
- Over the past 243 months, GPS's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GPS.
GPS Growth Metrics
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 9.28%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -44.43%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -92.95%.
The table below shows GPS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GPS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GPS has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 84.01% of graded US stocks.
- GPS's asset turnover comes in at 1.198 -- ranking 117th of 165 Retail stocks.
- AEO, FL, and ZUMZ are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GPS.
The table below shows GPS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GPS Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of GPS, see our GPS price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$34.25||Average Broker Recommendation||1.83 (Hold)|
GPS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GPS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$9.58||52-week high||$15.49|
|Prev. close||$9.42||52-week low||$7.79|
|Day high||$9.93||Avg. volume||7,997,102|
|50-day MA||$12.69||Dividend yield||6.19%|
|200-day MA||$11.07||Market Cap||3.51B|
Gap Inc. (GPS) Company Bio
The Gap, Inc., commonly known as Gap Inc. or Gap (stylized asGAP), is an American worldwide clothing and accessories retailer. Gap was founded in 1969 by Donald Fisher and Doris F. Fisher and is headquartered in San Francisco, California. The company operates four primary divisions: Gap (the namesake banner), Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta. Gap Inc. is the largest specialty retailer in the United States, and is 3rd in total international locations, behind Inditex Group and H&M. As of September 2008, the company has approximately 135,000 employees and operates 3,727 stores worldwide, of which 2,406 are located in the U.S. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
GPS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GPS Latest Social Stream
View Full GPS Social Stream
Latest GPS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GAP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GPS as an investment opportunity.
Why Gap Stock Was Down This Week
This week's slump came as Wall Street continued to digest news of falling sales and an impending management shake-up. The company is also seeing big changes in its management team. Given its weak operating results, the executive turnover has Wall Street feeling less certain about its rebound hopes.
Gap Executive Departures Spell Bad News for Investors and Shoppers
Whoever is in charge, apparel retailer Gap continues to struggle to sell merchandise that consumers want without big discounts.
15 Most Valuable Clothing Companies in the World
In this article, we discuss the 15 most valuable clothing companies in the world. If you want to read about some more clothing companies, go directly to the 5 Most Valuable Clothing Companies in the World. After experiencing 18 months of robust growth (early 2021 through mid-2022), the clothing industry faces a challenging climate once […]
Gap Full Year 2023 Earnings: EPS Misses Expectations
Gap ( NYSE:GPS ) Full Year 2023 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$15.6b (down 6.3% from FY 2022). Net loss...
Why Gap Shares Are Falling Today
Gap Inc (NYSE: GPS) reported a fourth-quarter FY22 sales decline of 6% year-on-year to $4.24 billion, missing the consensus of $4.36 billion. Comparable sales declined 5% versus Q4 2021. Online sales decreased 10% Y/Y. Brand Sales: Old Navy declined 6%, Gap fell 9%, Banana Republic dropped 6% and Athleta decreased 1%. Gross profit fell 6.5% Y/Y to $1.4 billion with a profit margin of 33.6%. Operating loss for the quarter totaled $(30) million versus an income of $8 million last year. EPS of $(0.
GPS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GPSWant to see what other sources are saying about Gap Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Gap Inc (GPS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Gap Inc (GPS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Gap Inc (GPS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...