Gap Inc. (GPS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GPS POWR Grades
- GPS scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 97.39% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GPS is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- GPS ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
GPS Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for GPS is 5.59 -- better than 93.49% of US stocks.
- Gap Inc's stock had its IPO on July 23, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.61% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Gap Inc is reporting a growth rate of -159.6%; that's higher than merely 13.02% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GPS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LPLA, CROX, RPM, TPR, and ACGL.
- GPS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Gap Inc's official web site, go to www.gapinc.com.
GPS Valuation Summary
- GPS's EV/EBIT ratio is 30.8; this is 57.95% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- GPS's price/sales ratio has moved down $1.2 over the prior 243 months.
- GPS's price/earnings ratio has moved down $9.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GPS.
GPS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GPS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$32.05||52-week high||$37.63|
|Prev. close||$31.28||52-week low||$9.95|
|Day high||$32.22||Avg. volume||6,918,575|
|50-day MA||$33.27||Dividend yield||3.1%|
|200-day MA||$25.15||Market Cap||12.10B|
Gap Inc. (GPS) Company Bio
The Gap, Inc. operates as an apparel retail company worldwide. It offers apparel, accessories, and personal care products for men, women, and children under the Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, and Intermix brands. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in San Francisco, California.
GPS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GPS Latest Social Stream
View Full GPS Social Stream
Latest GPS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Gap Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GPS as an investment opportunity.
The retailer and the rap impresario recently unveiled their first product collaboration, and it's generating positive reviews on style. While one product doesn't make the Yeezy Gap brand a success, there's buzz around the retailer that's been sorely lacking and that only bodes well for the future.
Like other retailers, Gap is turning its focus to digital sales in the wake of the pandemic. Meanwhile, online sales made up 40% of its first-quarter revenue. In light of that, Gap is making plans to close 30% of its Gap and Banana Republic stores in North America by 2024, with a focus on shuttering locations in indoor malls.
Gap (The) found using ticker (GPS) have now 18 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Hold''. The target price ranges between 44 and 28 calculating the mean target price we have 36.39. With the stocks previous close at 31.35 this is indicating there is a potential upside of 16.1%. There is a 50 day moving average of 33.75 and the 200 moving average now moves to 27.01. The market cap for the company is $12,178m. Find out more information at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="GPS" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] The Gap operates as an apparel retail company. The company offers apparel, accessories, and personal care products for men, women, and children under the Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, Athleta, Intermix, an...
Clothing chain will not renew leases when they expire on 31 July
Jerome Griffith, Lands' End CEO, joins Yahoo Finance live to discuss the company's latest earnings report, outlook for the school year and what's next for the retailer amid the pandemic.
GPS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|