Groupon, Inc. (GRPN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GRPN POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where GRPN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 85.6% of US stocks.
- GRPN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 160 days.
- GRPN ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
GRPN Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for GRPN is 7.28 -- better than 95.66% of US stocks.
- GRPN's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 96.19% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that GRPN's revenue has grown -35.53% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 5.41% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Groupon Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be WETF, HEAR, DLHC, SF, and DSKE.
- GRPN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Groupon Inc's official web site, go to www.groupon.com.
GRPN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, GRPN's price/sales ratio is 88.99% lower, now standing at 0.6.
- GRPN's price/earnings ratio has moved up 115.3 over the prior 120 months.
- Over the past 120 months, GRPN's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 102.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GRPN.
GRPN Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -110.9%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at -16.53%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 26.95%.
The table below shows GRPN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GRPN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GRPN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.04% of graded US stocks.
- GRPN's asset turnover comes in at 0.868 -- ranking 156th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- KELYA, MANH, and VRNS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GRPN.
The table below shows GRPN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GRPN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GRPN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$22.37||52-week high||$64.69|
|Prev. close||$21.65||52-week low||$19.00|
|Day high||$22.63||Avg. volume||873,194|
|50-day MA||$23.60||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$32.42||Market Cap||661.26M|
Groupon, Inc. (GRPN) Company Bio
Groupon operates online local commerce marketplaces that connect merchants to consumers by offering goods and services at a discount worldwide. The company was founded in 2008 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
GRPN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GRPN Latest Social Stream
View Full GRPN Social Stream
Latest GRPN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Groupon Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GRPN as an investment opportunity.
Real Money's Jonathan Heller reviewed the first month performance of the 2022 Tax Loss Selling Portfolio, and it's "so far, so good" at the 30-day mark. "My 2022 Tax Loss Selling Recovery Portfolio is based on the theory that stocks down sharply in a given year may face selling pressure at year-end as investors offset capital gains with losses," Heller wrote recently on Real Money. According to Heller, here are the criteria for inclusion in the tax loss portfolio.
Shares of Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) were soaring today, up 15.5% as of 1:50 p.m. EDT. Groupon is down 34% over the past 12 months, so investors might now be rotating toward beaten-down stocks. Over the weekend and this morning, the former Food and Drug Administration commissioner, Dr. Scott Gottlieb, indicated on Twitter and on television that the omicron variant's surge in the northeastern U.S. may be peaking, and that we could be past omicron within a month.
A look at the shareholders of Groupon, Inc. ( NASDAQ:GRPN ) can tell us which group is most powerful. Large companies...
Groupon (NASDAQ:GRPN) had its price target cut by stock analysts at Ascendiant Capital Markets from $40.00 to $35.00 in a research note issued to investors on Thursday, Benzinga reports. The firm presently has a buy rating on the coupon companys stock. Ascendiant Capital Markets price objective suggests a potential upside of 36.88% from the stocks 
These 10 of the best-performing stocks of 2021 deserve to be on your watchlist.
GRPN Price Returns