Global Ship Lease Inc New Class A Common Shares (GSL): Price and Financial Metrics
GSL Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 1.18, Global Ship Lease Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than merely 7.14% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Global Ship Lease Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 3.78% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for GSL comes in at 59.92% -- higher than that of 96.15% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GSL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TNP, WHLR, CBL, GASS, and GPOR.
- Visit GSL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.globalshiplease.com.
GSL Stock Price Chart More Charts
GSL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.79||52-week high||$9.25|
|Prev. close||$7.78||52-week low||$5.03|
|Day high||$7.96||Avg. volume||33,286|
|50-day MA||$8.18||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$7.57||Market Cap||136.76M|
Global Ship Lease Inc New Class A Common Shares (GSL) Company Bio
Global Ship Lease owns and charters containerships of various sizes under long-term fixed-rate charters to container shipping companies. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in London, the United Kingdom.
GSL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Global Ship Lease Inc. To summarize, we found that Global Ship Lease Inc ranked in the 96st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 5712.5%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Global Ship Lease Inc, consider:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is -0.18 -- which is good for besting just 13.98% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Industrials sector with positive cash flow).
- 6% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 1.7% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Global Ship Lease Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|