Global Ship Lease Inc. Cl A (GSL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GSL POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where GSL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.01% of US stocks.
- GSL's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 26 weeks.
- GSL's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 23.68% of US stocks).
GSL Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for GLOBAL SHIP LEASE INC is higher than it is for about 95.56% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, GLOBAL SHIP LEASE INC is reporting a growth rate of -1,723.04%; that's higher than just 0.73% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that GSL's revenue has grown 181.75% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 95.4% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GLOBAL SHIP LEASE INC, a group of peers worth examining would be ETRN, MAC, GLPI, SOHO, and SJI.
- GSL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GLOBAL SHIP LEASE INC's official web site, go to www.globalshiplease.com.
GSL Valuation Summary
- GSL's price/sales ratio is 1.4; this is 30% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- GSL's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 174 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GSL.
GSL Growth Metrics
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 22.67%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 69.83%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 80.02%.
The table below shows GSL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GSL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GSL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 57.45% of graded US stocks.
- GSL's asset turnover comes in at 0.215 -- ranking 90th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows GSL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GSL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GSL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.07||52-week high||$30.02|
|Prev. close||$16.15||52-week low||$14.62|
|Day high||$17.14||Avg. volume||888,328|
|50-day MA||$17.22||Dividend yield||9.29%|
|200-day MA||$20.32||Market Cap||626.93M|
Global Ship Lease Inc. Cl A (GSL) Company Bio
Global Ship Lease, Inc. is a holding company, which owns and charters out containerships under long-term and fixed rate charters to container shipping companies. It also focuses on the operation and technical management of each vessel, such as crewing, provision of lubricating oils, maintaining the vessel, periodic dry docking, and performing work required by regulations. The company was founded on May 3, 2007 and is headquartered in London, the United Kingdom.
Most Popular Stories View All
GSL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GSL Latest Social Stream
View Full GSL Social Stream
Latest GSL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GLOBAL SHIP LEASE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GSL as an investment opportunity.
The Company to Reconvene the 2022 Annual Meeting on January 5, 2023 for Shareholders to Act on One Outstanding ProposalLONDON, Dec. 07, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Ship Lease, Inc. (NYSE: GSL) (the “Company” or “GSL”) today announced the election of two Term II Directors at the Company’s 2022 Annual Meeting of Shareholders (the “Annual Meeting”), held today in Athens, Greece. The Directors, Michael Chalkias and George Giouroukos, were each re-elected to serve until the Company’s 2025 Annual
Global Ship Lease (GSL) has received quite a bit of attention from Zacks.com users lately. Therefore, it is wise to be aware of the facts that can impact the stock's prospects.
It's common for many investors, especially those who are inexperienced, to buy shares in companies with a good story...
Shipping is essential to the world’s supply chain.
Global Ship Lease ( NYSE:GSL ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$172.5m (up 51% from 3Q...
GSL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|