Global Ship Lease Inc. Cl A (GSL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GSL POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where GSL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.9% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GSL is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- GSL ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
GSL Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Global Ship Lease Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 6.01% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, GSL has reported earnings growth of -627.39%, putting it ahead of just 2.73% of US stocks in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for GSL comes in at 39.99% -- higher than that of 94.36% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Global Ship Lease Inc are UAN, SHIP, BBGI, CVI, and TKC.
- GSL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Global Ship Lease Inc's official web site, go to www.globalshiplease.com.
GSL Valuation Summary
- GSL's price/sales ratio is 1.1; this is 68.57% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 156 months, GSL's price/sales ratio has gone down $0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GSL.
GSL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GSL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$20.38||52-week high||$20.40|
|Prev. close||$19.23||52-week low||$4.02|
|Day high||$20.40||Avg. volume||509,838|
|50-day MA||$15.23||Dividend yield||4.91%|
|200-day MA||$11.68||Market Cap||739.45M|
Global Ship Lease Inc. Cl A (GSL) Company Bio
Global Ship Lease, Inc. is a holding company, which owns and charters out containerships under long-term and fixed rate charters to container shipping companies. It also focuses on the operation and technical management of each vessel, such as crewing, provision of lubricating oils, maintaining the vessel, periodic dry docking, and performing work required by regulations. The company was founded on May 3, 2007 and is headquartered in London, the United Kingdom.
GSL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Global Ship Lease Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Global Ship Lease Inc ranked in the 61th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Global Ship Lease Inc ended up being:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Global Ship Lease Inc over the past 3.94 years is 0%; that's better than only 21.93% of cash flow producing equities in the Industrials sector, where it is classified.
- 28% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 5% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Global Ship Lease Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 22.41% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GSL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GSL Latest Social Stream
View Full GSL Social Stream
Latest GSL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Global Ship Lease Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GSL as an investment opportunity.
Global Ship Lease (GSL) is at a 52-week high, but can investors hope for more gains in the future? We take a look at the company's fundamentals for clues.
Vessels averaging 3,000 TEU chartered to leading liner operators with significant near-term upside potential in strong charter marketLONDON, June 08, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Ship Lease, Inc. (NYSE: GSL) (the “Company” or “Global Ship Lease”) announced today that it has agreed to purchase 12 containerships from Borealis Finance LLC with an average size of approximately 3,000 TEU and a weighted average age of 11 years for an aggregate purchase price of $233.9 million. The ships are all on
Global Ship Lease Declares Quarterly Dividend on its 8.75% Series B Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Shares
LONDON, June 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Ship Lease, Inc. (NYSE:GSL) (the “Company”) announced today that the Company’s Board of Directors has declared a cash dividend of $0.546875 per depositary share, each representing a 1/100th interest in a share of its 8.75% Series B Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Shares (the “Series B Preferred Shares”) (NYSE:GSLPrB). The dividend represents payment for the period from April 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021 and will be paid on July 1, 2021 to al
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
If you are looking for stocks that are well positioned to maintain their recent uptrend, Global Ship Lease (GSL) could be a great choice. It is one of the several stocks that passed through our "Recent Price Strength" screen.
GSL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|