Golden Star Resources, Ltd (GSS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GSS POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where GSS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 70.01% of US stocks.
- GSS's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 155 days.
- GSS's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 14.6% of US stocks).
GSS Stock Summary
- Golden Star Resources Ltd's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 99.59% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Golden Star Resources Ltd's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 14.86% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- GSS's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 98.65% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GSS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ALIM, SEE, BCO, NSP, and CAPL.
- GSS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Golden Star Resources Ltd's official web site, go to www.gsr.com.
GSS Valuation Summary
- GSS's EV/EBIT ratio is 13.1; this is 13.82% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, GSS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 15.1.
- Over the past 243 months, GSS's price/earnings ratio has gone down 8.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GSS.
GSS Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 12.4%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 23.03%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 55.44%.
The table below shows GSS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GSS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GSS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.31% of graded US stocks.
- GSS's asset turnover comes in at 0.716 -- ranking 3rd of 47 Precious Metals stocks.
- CDE, HYMC, and XPL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GSS.
The table below shows GSS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GSS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GSS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.85||52-week high||$4.04|
|Prev. close||$3.84||52-week low||$2.04|
|Day high||$3.86||Avg. volume||632,470|
|50-day MA||$3.75||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3.08||Market Cap||445.92M|
Golden Star Resources, Ltd (GSS) Company Bio
Golden Star Resources Ltd. operates as a gold mining and exploration company. The company was founded in 1984 and is based in Toronto, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
GSS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GSS Latest Social Stream
View Full GSS Social Stream
Latest GSS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Golden Star Resources Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GSS as an investment opportunity.
TORONTO , Jan. 7, 2022 /PRNewswire/ - Golden Star Resources Ltd. (NYSE: GSS ) (TSX: GSC ) (GSE: GSR) ("Golden Star" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that it has obtained a final order from the Ontario Superior Court of Justice (Commercial List) approving the Company''s previously announced plan of arrangement under Section 192 of the Canada Business Corporations Act (the "Transaction"), involving the Company, Chifeng Jilong Gold Mining Co., Ltd. (SHSE: 600988) ("Chifeng") and its subsidiary Chijin International ( Hong Kong ) Limited ("Chijin"), and Chijin''s assignee Kefei Investment (BVI) Limited (the "Assignee"), pursuant to the arrangement agreement dated October 31, 2021 , as amended by an amending agreement dated November 24, 2021 (the "Arrangement Agreement"). The Transact...
Golden Star Resources Ltd. (NYSE American: GSS) (TSX: GSC) (GSE: GSR) ("Golden Star" or the "Company") is pleased to announce the voting results of its special meeting (the "Meeting") of holders ("Shareholders") of Golden Star's common shares ("Golden Star Shares"), which was held virtually earlier today.
Golden Star Resources Ltd. (NYSE American: GSS) (TSX: GSC) (GSE: GSR) ("Golden Star" or the "Company") has filed audited consolidated financial statements for the six months ended June 30, 2021 (the "Audited H1 2021 Financial Statements") which are required by the Shanghai Stock Exchange in respect of Chifeng Jilong Gold Mining Co., Ltd. (SHSE: 600988) ("Chifeng") seeking to obtain the requisite approvals in connection with the Company's previously announced plan of arrangement under Section 192
Golden Star Resources Ltd. (NYSEAMERICAN:GSS) saw a large decrease in short interest during the month of November. As of November 15th, there was short interest totalling 780,300 shares, a decrease of 32.1% from the October 31st total of 1,150,000 shares. Currently, 1.0% of the companys stock are short sold. Based on an average daily volume 
Golden Star Resources Ltd. (NYSE American: GSS) (TSX: GSC) (GSE: GSR) ("Golden Star" or the "Company") is delighted to receive the inaugural ESG Award for Producers at the Mines and Money Outstanding Achievement Awards 2021. The judging criteria for the award focused on how well those companies shortlisted have developed and implemented a long term sustainable ESG strategy.
GSS Price Returns
Continue Researching GSSWant to see what other sources are saying about Golden Star Resources Ltd's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Golden Star Resources Ltd (GSS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Golden Star Resources Ltd (GSS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Golden Star Resources Ltd (GSS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch