W.W. Grainger, Inc. (GWW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GWW POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where GWW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.28% of US stocks.
- GWW's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- GWW ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
GWW Stock Summary
- GWW has a market capitalization of $26,518,355,035 -- more than approximately 90.1% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for GWW is 6.95 -- better than 95.2% of US stocks.
- Ww Grainger Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Ww Grainger Inc are TSCO, CINF, CRH, OMC, and ULTA.
- GWW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Ww Grainger Inc's official web site, go to www.grainger.com.
GWW Valuation Summary
- GWW's price/earnings ratio is 25.6; this is 1.73% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, GWW's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.
- GWW's price/sales ratio has moved up 1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GWW.
GWW Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -62.33%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 23.41%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 17.38%.
The table below shows GWW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GWW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GWW has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 97.8% of graded US stocks.
- GWW's asset turnover comes in at 1.979 -- ranking 39th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- SGBX, CAPL, and ZEUS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GWW.
The table below shows GWW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GWW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GWW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$454.43||52-week high||$529.91|
|Prev. close||$453.95||52-week low||$391.16|
|Day high||$458.20||Avg. volume||303,194|
|50-day MA||$479.05||Dividend yield||1.52%|
|200-day MA||$478.30||Market Cap||23.22B|
W.W. Grainger, Inc. (GWW) Company Bio
WW Grainger operates as a distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) supplies; and other related products and services that are used by businesses and institutions primarily in the United States and Canada. The company offers material handling equipment, safety and security supplies, lighting and electrical products, power and hand tools, pumps and plumbing supplies, cleaning and maintenance supplies, building and home inspection supplies, vehicle and fleet components, and various other products. The company was founded in 1927 and is based in Lake Forest, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
GWW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GWW Latest Social Stream
View Full GWW Social Stream
Latest GWW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ww Grainger Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GWW as an investment opportunity.
John Bean (JBT) Q4 results reflect the impact of higher demand and inflated costs and supply chain disruptions.
Carillon Tower Advisers, an investment management firm, published its “Carillon Eagle Mid Cap Growth Fund” fourth quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here.
Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights: Ashtead Group PLC, W.W. Grainger, Inc., SiteOne Landscape Supply, Inc. and ScanSource, Inc
Ashtead Group PLC, W.W. Grainger, Inc., SiteOne Landscape Supply, Inc. and ScanSource, Inc are highlighted in this Industry Outlook article.
TWELVE DIRECTORS SLATED FOR GRAINGER'S BOARD TO BE VOTED ON AT THE COMPANY'S ANNUAL MEETING ON APRIL 27, 2022
W.W. Grainger, Inc. (NYSE: GWW) today announced that the Board of Directors has selected a slate of nominees to serve for the 2022-2023 period. The 12 candidates, all current Board members, to be voted on at the 2022 annual meeting of shareholders are:
Zacks.com featured highlights include: East West Bancorp, Automatic Data Processing, CDW Corp., and W.W. Grainger
East West Bancorp, Automatic Data Processing, CDW Corp., and W.W. Grainger are highlighted in this Screen of the Week Article.
GWW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|