W.W. Grainger, Inc. (GWW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GWW POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where GWW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.57% of US stocks.
- GWW's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- GWW's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 41.38% of US stocks).
GWW Stock Summary
- GWW has a market capitalization of $23,662,174,642 -- more than approximately 89.58% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for GWW is 6.54 -- better than 94.87% of US stocks.
- Ww Grainger Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.76% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GWW, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ULTA, DOV, TSCO, AJG, and WLTW.
- Visit GWW's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.grainger.com.
GWW Valuation Summary
- GWW's price/sales ratio is 2; this is 11.11% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, GWW's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 10.
- GWW's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GWW.
GWW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GWW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$445.95||52-week high||$479.87|
|Prev. close||$440.16||52-week low||$336.91|
|Day high||$447.90||Avg. volume||283,316|
|50-day MA||$453.31||Dividend yield||1.46%|
|200-day MA||$414.05||Market Cap||23.24B|
W.W. Grainger, Inc. (GWW) Company Bio
WW Grainger operates as a distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) supplies; and other related products and services that are used by businesses and institutions primarily in the United States and Canada. The company offers material handling equipment, safety and security supplies, lighting and electrical products, power and hand tools, pumps and plumbing supplies, cleaning and maintenance supplies, building and home inspection supplies, vehicle and fleet components, and various other products. The company was founded in 1927 and is based in Lake Forest, Illinois.
GWW Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for GWW, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Ww Grainger Inc ranked in the 30th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 60.5%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for GWW, they are:
- GWW's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 39% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Ww Grainger Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 22 -- greater than 83.46% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Industrials), Ww Grainger Inc has a reliance on debt greater than just 23.76% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GWW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GWW Latest Social Stream
View Full GWW Social Stream
Latest GWW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ww Grainger Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GWW as an investment opportunity.
Shares of Grainger (GWW) were down 3.6% on Friday after the industrial supply company reported mixed Q2 results and stated that the FY2021 EPS is expected at the lower end of the guided range. Adjusted earnings of $4.27 per share grew 14% year-over-year but fell short of analysts’ expectations of $4.58 per share. The company reported adjusted earnings of $3.75 per share in the prior-year period. Net Sales jumped 13% year-over-year to $3.2 billion and almost met the consensus estimate of $3.22 billion. The increase in net sales reflected a strong recovery in non-pandemic product growth in the High-Touch Solutions segment and impressive sales growth in the Endless Assortment segment.
Some investors rely on dividends for growing their wealth, and if you're one of those dividend sleuths, you might be...
The board of W.W. Grainger, Inc. ( NYSE:GWW ) has announced that it will be increasing its dividend on the 1st of...
GWW earnings call for the period ending June 30, 2021.
Grainger's (GWW) Q2 top line gains on strong performance across the High-Touch Solutions North America (N.A.) and Endless Assortment segments.
GWW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|