HCA Healthcare, Inc. (HCA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HCA POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where HCA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.28% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HCA is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- HCA ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 37th percentile.
HCA Stock Summary
- HCA Healthcare Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than just 0.24% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of HCA Healthcare Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.42% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at -259.29 for HCA Healthcare Inc; that's greater than it is for just 0.14% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HCA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are IMTE, MDXG, FLNG, KFS, and WYNN.
- HCA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit HCA Healthcare Inc's official web site, go to www.hcahealthcare.com.
HCA Valuation Summary
- HCA's price/earnings ratio is 16.3; this is 55.34% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 128 months, HCA's price/earnings ratio has gone up 3.1.
- HCA's price/earnings ratio has moved up 3.1 over the prior 128 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HCA.
HCA Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 23.02%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 16.36%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 1.88%.
The table below shows HCA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HCA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HCA has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 81.3% of graded US stocks.
- HCA's asset turnover comes in at 1.155 -- ranking 14th of 80 Healthcare stocks.
- USPH, SEM, and EHC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HCA.
The table below shows HCA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HCA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HCA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$255.55||52-week high||$263.92|
|Prev. close||$256.33||52-week low||$117.78|
|Day high||$259.78||Avg. volume||1,450,330|
|50-day MA||$250.22||Dividend yield||0.75%|
|200-day MA||$204.70||Market Cap||81.81B|
HCA Healthcare, Inc. (HCA) Company Bio
HCA Holdings provides health care services in the United States. It operates general, acute care hospitals that offer medical and surgical services, including inpatient care, intensive care, cardiac care, diagnostic, and emergency services, and outpatient services, such as outpatient surgery, laboratory, radiology, respiratory therapy, cardiology, and physical therapy services. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Nashville, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
HCA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HCA Latest Social Stream
View Full HCA Social Stream
Latest HCA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HCA Healthcare Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HCA as an investment opportunity.
HCA Healthcare (HCA) has agreed to acquire the operations of Steward Health Care’s five hospitals in Utah. The financial terms of the deal have been kept under wraps. Shares of the leading provider of healthcare services facilities in the U.S. that operates 187 hospitals and approximately 2,000 care centers have gained 103% over the past year. (See HCA stock chart on TipRanks) The addition of Steward Health Care hospitals will strengthen and diversify HCA Healthcare’s existing mountain division portfolio, which comprises 11 hospitals in Utah, Idaho and Alaska.
HCA Healthcare Inc. is continuing its growth phase under CEO Sam Hazen. The hospital operator has agreed to buy five Utah hospitals, expanding the company's Mountain Division.
HCA Healthcare (HCA) to buy five Utah hospitals from Steward to expand its dominance in the region, and provide cost-effective and enhanced healthcare to patients.
NASHVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--HCA Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:HCA) and Steward Health Care today announced the signing of a definitive agreement for HCA Healthcare to acquire the operations of Steward Health Cares five Utah hospitals. HCA Healthcare also entered into an agreement to lease the related real estate from its owner following the expected closing. The hospitals will become part of HCA Healthcares Mountain Division, which includes 11 hospitals in Utah, Idaho and Alaska. Utah is one
Medical Properties Trust and HCA Healthcare Agree to 15-Year Master Lease for Hospitals Representing $1.2 Billion of MPT Assets
BIRMINGHAM, Ala.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (the Company or MPT) (NYSE: MPW) today announced that it has entered into an agreement to lease substantially all of its Utah hospitals to HCA Healthcare (HCA Healthcare) (NYSE: HCA), following an agreement by HCA Healthcare to purchase the operations of five Utah facilities from Steward Health Care System (Steward), for which the financial terms of the sale will remain confidential. MPTs purchase price of $1.2 billion f
HCA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|