HCA Healthcare Inc. (HCA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HCA POWR Grades
- HCA scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 84.45% of US stocks.
- HCA's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- HCA's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 29.28% of US stocks).
HCA Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for HCA is -16.33 -- better than merely 1.2% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of HCA HEALTHCARE INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.44% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- HCA's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of only 0.78% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HCA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HLT, EXN, MMLP, SBUX, and PXD.
- HCA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit HCA HEALTHCARE INC's official web site, go to www.hcahealthcare.com.
HCA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, HCA's EV/EBIT ratio is 16.25% higher, now standing at 9.3.
- Over the past 140 months, HCA's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 1.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HCA.
HCA Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 123.37%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 7.58%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 45.19%.
The table below shows HCA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HCA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HCA has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 83.06% of graded US stocks.
- HCA's asset turnover comes in at 1.205 -- ranking 15th of 81 Healthcare stocks.
- SEM, RHE, and EHC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HCA.
The table below shows HCA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HCA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HCA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$189.12||52-week high||$279.02|
|Prev. close||$191.50||52-week low||$164.47|
|Day high||$192.82||Avg. volume||1,740,776|
|50-day MA||$205.96||Dividend yield||1.17%|
|200-day MA||$224.56||Market Cap||54.28B|
HCA Healthcare Inc. (HCA) Company Bio
HCA Healthcare is an American for-profit operator of health care facilities that was founded in 1968. It is based in Nashville, Tennessee, and, as of May 2020, owns and operates 186 hospitals and approximately 2,000 sites of care, including surgery centers, freestanding emergency rooms, urgent care centers and physician clinics in 21 states and the United Kingdom. As of 2021, HCA Healthcare is ranked #62 on the Fortune 500 rankings of the largest United States corporations by total revenue. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
HCA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HCA Latest Social Stream
View Full HCA Social Stream
Latest HCA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HCA HEALTHCARE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HCA as an investment opportunity.
A big challenge for investors right now is finding stocks that could potentially weather the storm during a recession. One stock which fits those criteria is HCA Healthcare (NYSE: HCA), which runs 182 hospitals and has 2,200 ambulatory sites of care in the U.S. and U.K. Last month, the government passed the Inflation Reduction Act, which will be a big help for low-income individuals paying for health insurance.
McKesson (MCK) continues to benefit from strategic partnerships and strength in the Distribution Solutions segment.
Considered the father of Nashville's massive health care industry, Dr. Tommy Frist Jr. will be honored Dec. 5 with the Nashville Business Journal's Legacy Award. The presentation will be held at Conrad Nashville, as part of the NBJ’s 2022 Most Admired CEOs event.
NASHVILLE, Tenn., September 20, 2022--HCA Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE: HCA), one of the nation’s leading healthcare providers, today presented its annual HCA Healthcare Awards of Distinction to recipients at a ceremony in Nashville. The HCA Healthcare Awards of Distinction—which include the Frist Humanitarian Awards, the Innovators Award and the Excellence in Nursing Awards—are the highest honors HCA Healthcare bestows on employees, physicians and volunteers.
Rep. Bill Pascrell also sent a letter to HCA CEO Sam Hazen requesting information related to physician incentives, physician performance, staffing levels and a description of the company’s internal audit process for Medicare billing.
HCA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|