Huntington Ingalls Industries, Inc. (HII): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HII POWR Grades
- HII scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 82.31% of US stocks.
- HII's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- HII's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 6.28% of US stocks).
HII Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.09% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 89.47%, Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 88.92% of about US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, HII is more volatile than only 9.59% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be FLS, ALLE, FDP, TKR, and SON.
- Visit HII's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.huntingtoningalls.com.
HII Valuation Summary
- HII's price/sales ratio is 0.9; this is 72.73% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- HII's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.6 over the prior 127 months.
- Over the past 127 months, HII's price/earnings ratio has gone down 2.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HII.
HII Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -16.41%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 19.64%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -9.04%.
The table below shows HII's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HII's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HII has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 78.63% of graded US stocks.
- HII's asset turnover comes in at 1.163 -- ranking 4th of 10 Shipbuilding Railroad Equipment stocks.
- MBUU, MPX, and GBX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HII.
The table below shows HII's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HII Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HII Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$214.40||52-week high||$228.66|
|Prev. close||$211.50||52-week low||$175.50|
|Day high||$214.41||Avg. volume||424,135|
|50-day MA||$209.24||Dividend yield||2.2%|
|200-day MA||$198.61||Market Cap||8.59B|
Huntington Ingalls Industries, Inc. (HII) Company Bio
Huntington Ingalls Industries provides engineering, manufacturing and management services to the nuclear energy, oil and gas markets. The company was incorporated in 2010 and is based in Newport News, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
HII Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HII Latest Social Stream
View Full HII Social Stream
Latest HII News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HII as an investment opportunity.
The defense industry produces modern weaponry, including combat vehicles, ships, bombers, and fighter jets. Companies in the industry also offer cybersecurity, information technology (IT), analytics, robotics, and intelligence systems. Its primary customer is the U.S. government, but it also sells its products and services to foreign governments and law enforcement agencies.
Mississippi Business Finance Corporation -- Moody's affirms the Baa3 unsecured rating of Huntington Ingalls, outlook stable
Moody's expects that HII will retire about $800 million of debt through the end of 2023, to restore its debt credit metrics following the August 2021 debt-funded acquisition of Alion Science and Technology Corporation for about $1.65 billion. Moody's estimates that HII will generate about $500 million of cumulative free cash flow during the next 22 months.Affirmations:..Issuer: Huntington Ingalls Industries, Inc.....Senior Unsecured Commercial Paper, Affirmed P-3....Senior Unsecured Regular Bond/Debenture, Affirmed Baa3..Issuer: Mississippi Business Finance Corporation....Senior Unsecured Revenue Bonds, Affirmed Baa3Outlook Actions:..Issuer: Huntington Ingalls Industries, Inc.....Outlook, Remains StableRATINGS RATIONALEThe Baa3 rating reflects HII's strong position as a prime ship buil...
HII Appoints Edmond Hughes as Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer and Susan Jacobs as Vice President, Human Resources and Administration
NEWPORT NEWS, Va., Feb. 24, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global engineering and defense technologies provider HII (NYSE:HII) announced today the promotion of Edmond Hughes to executive vice president and chief human resources officer. Hughes, formerly the vice president of human resources and administration contracts at HII’s Ingalls Shipbuilding division and at Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding since 2006, will replace William “Bill” R. Ermatinger, who will retire on April 1 after 35 years of service.
Kratos Defense's (KTOS) fourth-quarter 2021 adjusted earnings of 11 cents per share improve 37.5% from 8 cents reported in the prior-year quarter.
NEWPORT NEWS, Va., Feb. 23, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global engineering and defense technologies provider HII (NYSE:HII) announced that the company’s Ingalls Shipbuilding division ceremonially has authenticated the keel of the San Antonio-class amphibious transport dock Harrisburg (LPD 30). The ship’s sponsor, Alexandra Curry, a resident of Middletown, Pennsylvania, and wife of the Middletown mayor, was unable to attend the ceremony, so Program Executive Officer Ships Rear Adm. Tom Anderson, ste
HII Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching HIIHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc (HII) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc (HII) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc (HII) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch