Hecla Mining Company (HL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HL POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where HL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 36.52% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HL is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- HL's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 21.19% of US stocks).
HL Stock Summary
- HL's went public 36.76 years ago, making it older than 93.22% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 1,951.76, HECLA MINING CO P/E ratio is greater than that of about 99.89% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of HECLA MINING CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 10.28% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to HECLA MINING CO, a group of peers worth examining would be GILT, AVAV, ASTE, SNDX, and VTR.
- Visit HL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hecla-mining.com.
HL Valuation Summary
- HL's price/sales ratio is 3; this is 150% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, HL's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HL.
HL Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -47.27%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -64.99%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 3.04%.
The table below shows HL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 52.06% of graded US stocks.
- HL's asset turnover comes in at 0.308 -- ranking 22nd of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- SND, CINR, and SCCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HL.
The table below shows HL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$4.02||52-week high||$7.66|
|Prev. close||$3.85||52-week low||$3.41|
|Day high||$4.07||Avg. volume||7,982,411|
|50-day MA||$4.15||Dividend yield||0.78%|
|200-day MA||$5.01||Market Cap||2.39B|
Hecla Mining Company (HL) Company Bio
Hecla Mining Company discovers, acquires, develops, produces, and markets precious and base metal deposits in the U.S. and Canada. The company was founded in 1891 and is based in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
Most Popular Stories View All
HL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HL Latest Social Stream
View Full HL Social Stream
Latest HL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HECLA MINING CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HL as an investment opportunity.
Even though Hecla Mining (NYSE:HL) has lost US$64m market cap in last 7 days, shareholders are still up 104% over 3 years
The worst result, after buying shares in a company (assuming no leverage), would be if you lose all the money you put...
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho, September 15, 2022--Hecla to Participate in Fireside Chat at the Gold Forum Americas
Hecla Mining (HL) acquires Alexco Resource, gaining access to Canada's largest and the highest-grade silver reserve.
Analysts fell to the sidelines weighing in on Hecla Mining Company (HL – Research Report) and Avantor (AVTR – Research Report) with neutral ratings, indicating that the experts are neither bullish nor bearish on the stocks. Hecla Mining Company (HL) BMO Capital analyst Ryan Thompson maintained a Hold rating on Hecla Mining Company today and set a price target of $4.75. The company's shares closed last Friday at $4.08, close to its 52-week low of $3.44. According to TipRanks.
Part I - Introduction
Idaho-based Hecla Mining (HL) produces about one-third of all silver made in the USA and relies heavily on this commodity. However, the gold segment represents a more significant part of the revenues, as the chart below shows:
HL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|