Hecla Mining Company (HL): Price and Financial Metrics
HL Stock Summary
- Hecla Mining Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.82% of US equities in our set.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Hecla Mining Co is higher than it is for about 83.87% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Hecla Mining Co is reporting a growth rate of -143.76%; that's higher than merely 13.83% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AGS, HXL, ST, CBAT, and KGC.
- HL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Hecla Mining Co's official web site, go to www.hecla-mining.com.
HL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$6.18||52-week high||$8.45|
|Prev. close||$6.20||52-week low||$2.16|
|Day high||$6.25||Avg. volume||10,690,224|
|50-day MA||$6.21||Dividend yield||0.65%|
|200-day MA||$5.63||Market Cap||3.31B|
Hecla Mining Company (HL) Company Bio
Hecla Mining Company discovers, acquires, develops, produces, and markets precious and base metal deposits in the U.S. and Canada. The company was founded in 1891 and is based in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
HL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Hecla Mining Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Hecla Mining Co ranked in the 33th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 58.33%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Hecla Mining Co, consider:
- Hecla Mining Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 10%; for context, that number is higher than 70.06% of tickers in our DCF set.
- HL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 14%; for context, that number is higher than 70.06% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Hecla Mining Co experienced a tax rate of about 0% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Basic Materials), this tax rate is higher than only 20.02% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HL Latest Social Stream
View Full HL Social Stream
Latest HL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hecla Mining Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HL as an investment opportunity.
Rating Action: Moody's upgrades Hecla's CFR to B2; outlook is stableGlobal Credit Research - 16 Apr 2021New York, April 16, 2021 -- Moody's Investors Service, ("Moody's") upgraded the Corporate Family Rating of Hecla Mining Company ("Hecla") to B2 from B3, the probability of default rating to B2-PD from B3-PD and senior unsecured notes to B3 from Caa1. The Speculative Grade Liquidity Rating was upgraded to SGL-2 from SGL-3.
Photo by Juan Jose Napuri/iStock via Getty Images The Q1 Earnings Season for the Silver Miners Index (SIL) is less than a month away, and one of the first names to report its Q1 production results is Hecla Mining (HL). During the quarter, the mid-cap silver miner produced ~3.46 million...
With concerns on rising inflation, silver and gold stocks are likely bets to outperform the markets.
Hecla CEO to speak at World Gold Forum and H.C. Wainwright Spring Mining Conference.
H.C. Wainwright Stick to Their Buy Rating for Hecla Mining Company
HL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching HLWant to see what other sources are saying about Hecla Mining Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!