Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc. (HLX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HLX POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where HLX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.54% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HLX is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- HLX ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
HLX Stock Summary
- Over the past twelve months, HLX has reported earnings growth of -247.78%, putting it ahead of merely 7.87% of US stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that HLX's revenue has grown -8.02% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 11.65% of US companies in our set.
- Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 12.38%, greater than the shareholder yield of 86.77% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HLX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PCH, SAIC, CDK, NMIH, and GRIN.
- Visit HLX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.helixesg.com.
HLX Valuation Summary
- HLX's price/sales ratio is 0.8; this is 46.67% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 243 months, HLX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 6.4.
- Over the past 243 months, HLX's price/earnings ratio has gone up 30.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HLX.
HLX Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 107.65%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 180.38%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 1.72%.
The table below shows HLX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HLX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HLX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 66.09% of graded US stocks.
- HLX's asset turnover comes in at 0.275 -- ranking 94th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- GBR, CKX, and TELL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HLX.
The table below shows HLX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HLX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HLX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.08||52-week high||$5.83|
|Prev. close||$3.10||52-week low||$2.88|
|Day high||$3.18||Avg. volume||1,901,802|
|50-day MA||$4.11||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$4.02||Market Cap||467.09M|
Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc. (HLX) Company Bio
Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc. provides specialty services to the offshore energy industry primarily in the Gulf of Mexico, North Sea, the Asia Pacific, and West Africa regions. The company was formerly known as Cal Dive International, Inc. and changed its name to Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc. in March 2006. The company was founded in 1979 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
HLX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HLX Latest Social Stream
View Full HLX Social Stream
Latest HLX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HLX as an investment opportunity.
Here is how Peabody Energy (BTU) and Helix Energy (HLX) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
Helix Energy (HLX) could be a great choice for investors looking to buy stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices. It is one of the several stocks that made it through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen.
Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc. (HLX) CEO Owen Kratz on Q4 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc. (HLX) Q4 2021 Earnings Conference Call February 22, 2022 10:00 ET Company Participants Brent Arriaga - Chief Accounting Officer Ken Neikirk - General Counsel Owen Kratz - Chief Executive Officer Scotty Sparks - Chief Operating Officer Erik Staffeldt - Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants...
HOUSTON, February 21, 2022--Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc. ("Helix") (NYSE: HLX) reported a net loss1 of $25.9 million, or $(0.17) per diluted share, for the fourth quarter 2021 compared to $19.0 million, or $(0.13) per diluted share, for the third quarter 2021 and net income of $4.2 million, or $0.03 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter 2020. Adjusted EBITDA2 was $8.8 million for the fourth quarter 2021 compared to $26.5 million for the third quarter 2021 and $35.3 million for the four
Introduction Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX) is a sleeper that doesn't get a lot of coverage. What happens as an offshore oilfield nears the end of its life? How about when a well "breaks?" Suppose you just need to mobilize a Remotely Operated Vehicle-ROV, to fly down to the seafloor...
HLX Price Returns
Continue Researching HLXWant to see what other sources are saying about Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch