Horace Mann Educators Corporation (HMN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HMN POWR Grades
- HMN scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 78.33% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HMN is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- HMN's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 32.31% of US stocks).
HMN Stock Summary
- HMN's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 86.98% of US stocks.
- The volatility of Horace Mann Educators Corp's share price is greater than that of only 2.53% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Horace Mann Educators Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 20.49%, greater than the shareholder yield of 91.61% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HMN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are VPG, ARC, KWR, ALG, and ORRF.
- Visit HMN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.horacemann.com.
HMN Valuation Summary
- HMN's price/sales ratio is 1.3; this is 8.33% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- HMN's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 228.9 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, HMN's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HMN.
HMN Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 11.81%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -85.57%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 7.27%.
The table below shows HMN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HMN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HMN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.37% of graded US stocks.
- HMN's asset turnover comes in at 0.1 -- ranking 109th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- RDN, NMIH, and ICCH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HMN.
The table below shows HMN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HMN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HMN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.82||52-week high||$42.95|
|Prev. close||$38.38||52-week low||$34.22|
|Day high||$38.89||Avg. volume||239,267|
|50-day MA||$38.49||Dividend yield||3.3%|
|200-day MA||$39.45||Market Cap||1.61B|
Horace Mann Educators Corporation (HMN) Company Bio
Horace Mann Educators Corporation provides auto and homeowners insurance, retirement annuities, life insurance and other financial solutions to K-12 teachers, administrators, and other employees of public schools and their families. The company was founded in 1945 and is based in Springfield, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
HMN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HMN Latest Social Stream
View Full HMN Social Stream
Latest HMN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Horace Mann Educators Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HMN as an investment opportunity.
MetLife (MET) forges an alliance with Aura to safeguard the digital identity of employees, having access to its U.S. Group Benefits platform, with the latter's solutions.
Assurant (AIZ) stock soars on the back of continued mobile subscriber growth, higher trade-in volumes and effective capital deployment.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
EverQuote's (EVER) Q4 results reflect growth in the Variable Marketing Margin and a solid performance in the other insurance vertical.
MetLife (MET) launches its cutting-edge 360Health solution in Bangladesh with an aim to empower the country's customers to effectively tackle critical illnesses.
HMN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching HMNWant to do more research on Horace Mann Educators Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch