Horace Mann Educators Corporation (HMN): Price and Financial Metrics
HMN Stock Summary
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 8.06 for Horace Mann Educators Corp; that's greater than it is for 87.77% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, HMN has reported earnings growth of 90.73%, putting it ahead of 88.39% of US stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, HMN is more volatile than only 7.48% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HMN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HNI, STC, KFY, PRIM, and FFBC.
- Visit HMN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.horacemann.com.
HMN Stock Price Chart More Charts
HMN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$45.17||52-week high||$48.15|
|Prev. close||$45.18||52-week low||$34.38|
|Day high||$45.53||Avg. volume||142,882|
|50-day MA||$44.07||Dividend yield||2.55%|
|200-day MA||$43.30||Market Cap||1.86B|
Horace Mann Educators Corporation (HMN) Company Bio
Horace Mann Educators Corporation provides auto and homeowners insurance, retirement annuities, life insurance and other financial solutions to K-12 teachers, administrators, and other employees of public schools and their families. The company was founded in 1945 and is based in Springfield, Illinois.
HMN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Horace Mann Educators Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Horace Mann Educators Corp ranked in the 47st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for HMN, they are:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.5 years, is -0.03% -- higher than only 24.72% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- HMN's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 25.05% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 8. This value is greater than just 21.41% stocks in the Financial Services sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|