Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc. (HOV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HOV POWR Grades
- HOV scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 99.41% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HOV is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 26 weeks.
- HOV ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
HOV Stock Summary
- HOVNANIAN ENTERPRISES INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 95.82% of US listed stocks.
- HOV's current price/earnings ratio is 1.42, which is higher than only 1.2% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- HOV's price/sales ratio is 0.11; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 2.31% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HOV, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CROX, HEES, AMCX, ANDE, and KTB.
- Visit HOV's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.khov.com.
HOV Valuation Summary
- HOV's price/sales ratio is 0.1; this is 94.44% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- HOV's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HOV.
HOV Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 24.45%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 15.93%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at -18.35%.
The table below shows HOV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HOV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HOV has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 60.31% of graded US stocks.
- HOV's asset turnover comes in at 1.274 -- ranking 25th of 51 Construction stocks.
- ESOA, MTRX, and EME are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HOV.
The table below shows HOV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HOV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HOV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$42.60||52-week high||$133.99|
|Prev. close||$48.14||52-week low||$33.20|
|Day high||$49.33||Avg. volume||88,448|
|50-day MA||$41.35||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$48.87||Market Cap||272.43M|
Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc. (HOV) Company Bio
Hovnanian Enterprises designs, constructs, markets, and sells residential homes in the United States. The company was founded in 1959 and is based in Red Bank, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
HOV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HOV Latest Social Stream
View Full HOV Social Stream
Latest HOV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HOVNANIAN ENTERPRISES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HOV as an investment opportunity.
Homebuilders tend to look cheap for a good part of the cycle. It's easy to get impressed with low P/E ratios and think that you have discovered a 10-bagger in the early innings. Nothing could be further from the truth. For the most part, investors have learned some lessons in this area in 2022, but there are still some big downside moves left for this sector. We look at one that we think can drop 50% from here.
D.R. Horton, Inc. (DHI)
DHI is the largest homebuilder by market capitalization as well as by sales.
What are the early trends we should look for to identify a stock that could multiply in value over the long term...
MATAWAN, N.J., Nov. 28, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE: HOV), a leading national homebuilder, will release financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended October 31, 2022 the morning of Thursday, December 8, 2022. The Company will webcast its fourth quarter earnings conference call at 11:00 a.m. (ET) on Thursday, December 8, 2022. The conference call and accompanying slide presentation will be webcast live through the “Investor Relations” section of Ho
One of the best investments we can make is in our own knowledge and skill set. With that in mind, this article will...
Hovnanian Enterprises Reiterates Fiscal 2022 Guidance Except for Updating EPS Guidance to Between $28.50 and $30.00
Announces Increased Focus on Preserving LiquidityMATAWAN, N.J., Oct. 19, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE:HOV), a leading national homebuilder, commented on the impact of the housing market on its current operations and announced today its decision not to proceed with the early retirement of $100 million of senior secured notes at this time. “Stubbornly high levels of inflation, including last week’s higher than expected Consumer Price Index and Producer Price Index res
HOV Price Returns
Continue Researching HOVWant to do more research on Hovnanian Enterprises Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Hovnanian Enterprises Inc (HOV) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Hovnanian Enterprises Inc (HOV) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Hovnanian Enterprises Inc (HOV) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch