Horizon Technology Finance Corporation (HRZN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HRZN POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where HRZN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.22% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HRZN is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- HRZN's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 13.85% of US stocks).
HRZN Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for HORIZON TECHNOLOGY FINANCE CORP is higher than it is for about 98.81% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, HRZN is more volatile than only 18.94% of stocks we're observing.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for HRZN comes in at -46.65% -- higher than that of just 10.48% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HRZN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SAR, OFS, TPVG, GLAD, and PSEC.
- HRZN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit HORIZON TECHNOLOGY FINANCE CORP's official web site, go to www.horizontechfinance.com.
HRZN Valuation Summary
- HRZN's price/earnings ratio is 16.1; this is 41.23% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 147 months, HRZN's price/sales ratio has gone down 2.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HRZN.
HRZN Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -12.96%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -108.55%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 88.24%.
The table below shows HRZN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HRZN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HRZN has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 22.49% of graded US stocks.
- HRZN's asset turnover comes in at 0.116 -- ranking 172nd of 444 Trading stocks.
- APTS, FSP, and BDN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HRZN.
The table below shows HRZN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HRZN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HRZN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.77||52-week high||$16.39|
|Prev. close||$12.52||52-week low||$9.67|
|Day high||$12.78||Avg. volume||194,619|
|50-day MA||$12.31||Dividend yield||10.54%|
|200-day MA||$12.15||Market Cap||337.14M|
Horizon Technology Finance Corporation (HRZN) Company Bio
Horizon Technology Finance Corporation operates as an externally managed, closed-end, non-diversified management investment company. The Company lends and invests in development stage companies within the technology, life science, healthcare information and services, and cleantech industries. The company is based in Farmington, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
HRZN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HRZN Latest Social Stream
View Full HRZN Social Stream
Latest HRZN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HORIZON TECHNOLOGY FINANCE CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HRZN as an investment opportunity.
These high-octane income stocks, with yields ranging from 10% to 12.8%, can fatten your pocketbook in the new year.
Horizon Technology Finance Corporation (NASDAQ: HRZN) ("HRZN" or the "Company"), a leading specialty finance company that provides capital in the form of secured loans to venture capital backed companies in the technology, life science, healthcare information and services, and sustainability industries, today provided its portfolio update for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2022 and an update on the lending platform ("Horizon Platform") of Horizon Technology Finance Management LLC ("HTFM")
Evelo Biosciences Announces $45 Million Loan Agreement with Horizon Technology Finance Corporation to Refinance Existing Debt
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Dec. 16, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Evelo Biosciences, Inc. (Nasdaq:EVLO), a clinical stage biotechnology company developing a novel platform of orally delivered medicines acting on the small intestinal axis, SINTAX, today announced it has entered into a senior secured loan agreement with Horizon Technology Finance Corporation (Horizon) (Nasdaq: HRZN), a leading specialty finance company that provides capital in the form of secured loans to venture capital backed companies in the
Horizon Technology Finance Corporation (NASDAQ: HRZN) ("Horizon"), a leading specialty finance company that provides capital in the form of secured loans to venture capital backed companies in the technology, life science, healthcare information and services, and sustainability industries, announced today it has provided a venture loan facility to Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. ("Groundspeed").
Investors love dividends. After all, there are few things in life better than getting paid.
HRZN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching HRZNWant to see what other sources are saying about Horizon Technology Finance Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Horizon Technology Finance Corp (HRZN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Horizon Technology Finance Corp (HRZN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Horizon Technology Finance Corp (HRZN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch