HSBC Holdings PLC ADR (HSBC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HSBC POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where HSBC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 76.1% of US stocks.
- HSBC's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- HSBC ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 21st percentile.
HSBC Stock Summary
- HSBC HOLDINGS PLC's market capitalization of $125,439,644,269 is ahead of 98.4% of US-listed equities.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for HSBC is currently 1.2, higher than just 4.82% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 15.05 for HSBC HOLDINGS PLC; that's greater than it is for 96.68% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to HSBC HOLDINGS PLC, a group of peers worth examining would be RY, HDB, TD, AXP, and SCHW.
- Visit HSBC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hsbc.com.
HSBC Valuation Summary
- HSBC's price/earnings ratio is 10; this is 13.04% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, HSBC's price/sales ratio has gone down 1.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HSBC.
HSBC Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 137.86%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -69.08%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 5.41%.
The table below shows HSBC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HSBC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HSBC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 35.86% of graded US stocks.
- HSBC's asset turnover comes in at 0.022 -- ranking 416th of 430 Banking stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows HSBC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HSBC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HSBC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.37||52-week high||$38.61|
|Prev. close||$30.40||52-week low||$24.77|
|Day high||$30.73||Avg. volume||3,225,069|
|50-day MA||$27.47||Dividend yield||4.41%|
|200-day MA||$31.02||Market Cap||123.38B|
HSBC Holdings PLC ADR (HSBC) Company Bio
HSBC Holdings plc is a British multinational universal bank and financial services holding company. It is the largest bank in Europe by total assets ahead of BNP Paribas, with US$2.953 trillion as of December 2021. In 2021, HSBC had $10.8 trillion in assets under custody (AUC) and $4.9 trillion in assets under administration (AUA), respectively. HSBC traces its origin to a hong in British Hong Kong, and its present form was established in London by the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation to act as a new group holding company in 1991; its name derives from that company's initials. The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation opened branches in Shanghai in 1865 and was first formally incorporated in 1866. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
HSBC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HSBC Latest Social Stream
View Full HSBC Social Stream
Latest HSBC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HSBC HOLDINGS PLC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HSBC as an investment opportunity.
HSBC was sole custodian of $52.5bn SPDR Gold Trust but it will now add JPMorgan vaults in Zurich and New York
Canadian Imperial (CM) records a rise in revenues and expenses in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2022 (ended Oct 31).
JPMorgan will join HSBC in storing bullion for the world's biggest gold-backed exchange-traded fund (ETF), the fund's operator said on Thursday, ending its rival's sole guardianship of the $52-billion stash of gold. The change, which begins on Dec. 6, is a boon for JPMorgan, which could rake in millions of dollars of storage fees. HSBC had been the sole custodian for SPDR Gold Trust, also known as GLD, since it launched in 2004.
HONG KONG/LONDON (Reuters) -HSBC is cutting as many as 15% of its 2,000 senior operations managers worldwide, as it attempts to streamline its management ranks and reduce costs, two sources with knowledge of the matter said. The global job cuts at the London-headquartered bank will fall across several business units and geographical locations and result in the loss of at least 200 positions, mostly with the title of Chief Operating Officer (COO), the sources said. HSBC, which used to position itself as the world's local bank, employs many COOs because country and business lines have their own separate COO, the sources said.
Here is how HSBC (HSBC) and Banco De Chile (BCH) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
HSBC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|