Hexcel Corporation (HXL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HXL POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where HXL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 71.03% of US stocks.
- HXL's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- HXL ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 10th percentile.
HXL Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 185.52, Hexcel Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 83.85% of US stocks.
- HXL's went public 33.75 years ago, making it older than 90.49% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- As for revenue growth, note that HXL's revenue has grown -41% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 8.84% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HXL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are VSEC, LNTH, LTHM, KALU, and CAE.
- Visit HXL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hexcel.com.
HXL Valuation Summary
- HXL's price/sales ratio is 4.1; this is 127.78% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, HXL's price/earnings ratio has gone down 234.3.
- HXL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 109.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HXL.
HXL Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 561.24%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 21.18%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 84.34%.
The table below shows HXL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HXL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HXL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$54.42||52-week high||$64.99|
|Prev. close||$56.16||52-week low||$31.04|
|Day high||$56.29||Avg. volume||749,523|
|50-day MA||$59.50||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$52.66||Market Cap||4.56B|
Hexcel Corporation (HXL) Company Bio
Hexcel Corporation develops, manufactures and markets lightweight, high-performance structural materials, including carbon fibers, reinforcements, prepregs, honeycomb, matrix systems, adhesives and composite structures, used in commercial aerospace, space and defense and industrial applications such as wind turbine blades. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Stamford, Connecticut.
HXL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Hexcel Corp. To summarize, we found that Hexcel Corp ranked in the 68th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 85.17% on a DCF basis. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Hexcel Corp, consider:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Hexcel Corp over the past 5 years is 0.5%; that's higher than 85.87% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Industrials sector.
- Hexcel Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 55 -- greater than 95.41% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Hexcel Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -1.62. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 15.92% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HXL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HXL Latest Social Stream
View Full HXL Social Stream
Latest HXL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hexcel Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HXL as an investment opportunity.
Aerojet Rocketdyne's (AJRD) Q2 sales of $556.9 million improve 8.7% year over year and also exceed the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 3.9%.
HXL earnings call for the period ending June 30, 2021.
Hexcel Corporation's (HXL) all three segments have reported a year-over-year decline in sales, leading to the eventual decrease in revenues during the second quarter.
STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hexcel Corporation (NYSE: HXL): Summary of Results from Operations Quarters Ended Six Months Ended June 30, June 30, (In millions, except per share data) 2021 2020 % Change 2021 2020 % Change Net Sales $ 320.3 $ 378.7 (15.4 )% $ 630.6 $ 919.7 (31.4 )% Net sales change in constant currency (16.7 )
Hexcel (HXL) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 700.00% and -0.31%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
HXL Price Returns