Ion Geophysical Corporation (IO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
IO POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where IO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 48.29% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for IO is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- IO's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 1.4% of US stocks).
IO Stock Summary
- IO's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.01 -- higher than just 0.25% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Ion Geophysical Corp is reporting a growth rate of -5,959.29%; that's higher than just 0.16% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for IO comes in at -92.92% -- higher than that of just 2.59% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to IO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PII, INTZ, MDRX, EVOL, and TAOP.
- Visit IO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.iongeo.com.
IO Valuation Summary
- IO's price/earnings ratio is -0.6; this is 102.99% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- IO's price/sales ratio has moved down 2.2 over the prior 243 months.
- IO's price/sales ratio has moved down 2.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for IO.
IO Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -15.93%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -1421.04%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -50.45%.
The table below shows IO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
IO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- IO has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 17.18% of graded US stocks.
- IO's asset turnover comes in at 0.396 -- ranking 64th of 138 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- BSM, HP, and ICD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with IO.
The table below shows IO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
IO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1.34||52-week high||$5.35|
|Prev. close||$1.32||52-week low||$0.98|
|Day high||$1.38||Avg. volume||1,135,983|
|50-day MA||$1.34||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.20||Market Cap||39.71M|
Ion Geophysical Corporation (IO) Company Bio
ION Geophysical Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides a suite of services and products for seismic data acquisition and processing in Latin America, North America, Europe, the Asia Pacific, Africa, the Middle East, and internationally. The company operates in two segments: E&P Technology & Services and Operations Optimization. The E&P Technology & Services segment offers data processing and imaging services; and survey planning and design, data acquisition and management, subsurface imaging, and reservoir characterization, as well as technical, commercial, and strategic advisory services. The Operations Optimization segment provides survey design, and command and control software systems and related services for marine towed streamer and seabed operations; and in-field optimization, and equipment maintenance and training services. This segment also develops, manufactures, and repairs marine towed streamer positioning and data acquisition systems, ocean bottom data acquisition technologies, marine diverters, analog geophones, and land acquisition systems, which are deployed in marine robotics, defense, scientific, exploration and production, and other commercial applications. ION Geophysical Corporation markets and sells its services and products through direct sales force and third-party sales representatives. The company was formerly known as Input/Output, Inc. and changed its name to ION Geophysical Corporation in 2007. ION Geophysical Corporation was founded in 1968 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
IO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IO Latest Social Stream
View Full IO Social Stream
Latest IO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ion Geophysical Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IO as an investment opportunity.
Good morning. investor!
Thinking about buying stock in The Metals Company, Leap Therapeutics, Phio Pharmaceuticals, Ion Geophysical, or Laureate Education?
NEW YORK, Sept. 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- InvestorsObserver issues critical PriceWatch Alerts for TMC, LPTX, PHIO, IO, and LAUR. To see how InvestorsObserver''s proprietary scoring system rates these stocks, view the InvestorsObserver''s PriceWatch Alert by selecting the corresponding link.
Ion Geophysical Corporation found using ticker (IO) have now 3 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 6 and 3.7 with the average target price sitting at 4.57. Given that the stocks previous close was at 1.58 this would indicate that there is a potential upside of 189.2%. The 50 day MA is 1.29 and the 200 day MA is 1.96. The company has a market cap of $44m. You can visit the company''s website by visiting: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="IO" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] ION Geophysical Corporation provides data-driven decision-making to offshore energy, and ports, and defense industries worldwide. The company operates through two segments, E&P Technology & Ser...
HOUSTON, Sept. 16, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ION Geophysical Corporations Edinburgh-based Software group today announced the Company received a grant to advance port decarbonization through its climate-smart platform, Marlin SmartPort. The grant supports the UKs Ten Point Plan to address climate change and help achieve the countrys net-zero emissions target by 2050. The Data-Led Emissions Management (D-LEMA) project is part of the Clean Maritime Demonstration Competition, funded by the UK Department for Transport and delivered in partnership with Innovate UK. The 6-month pilot study will validate whether vessel fuel usage and carbon dioxide emissions can be reliably estimated in and around ports using the International Maritime Organization (IMO) global standard.
Gainers IronNet Cybersecurity, Inc. (NASDAQ: IRNT) shares jumped 30.4% to $41.90 amid increased retail investor interest in the stock on social media. Dutch Bros Inc. (NYSE: BROS) gained 28.4% to $47.10. Dutch Bros shares surged around 60% on Wednesday in its public debut. Indaptus Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: INDP) surged 26.7% to $13.62. Indaptus Therapeutics shares climbed 52% on Wednesday after the company announced the United States Patent and Trademark Office has issued a notice of allowanc
IO Price Returns